The Tudors

traciB

Cathlete
I can't believe Margaret died... is that true to the real story ?

And such an attentive husband !!!

You must read The Other Boleyn Girl and The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory. They were both excellent. I found myself going to the library doing searches on King Henry VIII and his wives. Both books are pretty near exact in following facts. I'd be interested in seeing the Tudors. The actor that plays him has got to be the hottest guy out there right now! Now that I know Henry grew to be an enormously obese tyrant that liked whacking off peoples heads, I'm even more interested in seeing how Hollywood portrays the young Henry. Bummer, I have to wait for it to come out on DVD. The Other Boleyn Girl is going to be a major movie release in December, with Eric (drool) Bana as Henry and Keira Knightly and Scarlet Johansen as the sisters.:7

Yikes! I haven't seen this week's epi yet, will probably tape it tonight (I have problems staying up past 10:00 LOL).

WHY WHY WHY Keira Knightly again? My apologies to those who are fans but I am so sick to death of that chick & IMO she's not much of an actress. I loved The Other Boleyn Girl (didn't know there was another--thanks for the tip! :) ), I wish they wouldn't screw it up w/Keira. She's just fine for the skimpy clothing/action hero type flicks but she's NG for an historical movie. A good actress would make a world of difference. x(

My bad! It's Natalie Portman that's cast in the movie, not Keira. I always get these two confused. Unless I hear them speak, it's hard for me to tell them apart. I wish I could look like one of them! I, on the other hand, can't believe they cast Scarlet. I guess she has the right amount of bosom for the period dress. She'll probably be able to rest her chin on them after they crank those things up.

OK I think I can stomach NP if she plays Ann's sister--she definitely has that innocent, good girl air about her. And I can actually see SJ as Ann--she has the seductiveness going on & she's a decent actress.

So anyway, I finally caught the show last night. Poor Margaret--she had such a sad life (on the show anyway--I did look it up, Margaret was married 3 times & died at the ripe old age of 52). I was shocked to find myself feeling sorry for Woollsey, even though I know he'll get his revenge. }(

And why does Henry always wear black? Is this historically accurate? That hottie looks like he's always ready to attend a funeral (even tho he evidently NEVER attended funerals ;-) ).

So next week is the season finale. I'm so bummed--that show is without a doubt the shortest hour on TV!

Good British history. Heads got chopped, invented the Church of England ad Rome would not allow him to divorce. Holywood actually sticking to the facts. They usually rewrite some of our history. Royals always give us good history!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.