The problem with America...

This post just makes me uncomfortable. There are plenty of people who are mentally challenged for one reason or another or just aren't blessed with intelligence. Is it ok just to hope that they somehow hurt or kill themselves? I don't know about you all but I thank God everyday for giving me intelligence and pray for the wisdom to use it well.

The original post was about 'stupid' people. The mentally challenged are not considered stupid.

The original post was about 'stupid' people. The mentally challenged are not considered stupid.

Stupid is defined as lacking mental intellect. It seems to me that mentally challenged individuals fit within that definition. Not everyone is intelligent is all I'm saying. Be happy you are.

really why can't ppl vent?? i have a mentally handicap child but she still uses more common sense then most neurotypical adults i have met. its not to be mean or wish somebody dead its just to vent that sometimes ppl don't stop to think and use common sense. how many lawsuits were there b/c of that kind of pattern? which is why everything is labeled to death b/c nobody uses common sense. and to think the courts let them have their millions like the guy who put the R/V on cruise control to go in the back and make a sandwich. sorry but you mean to tell me i can't vent that someone didn't use common sense but still won millions.

i mean sorry if you are offended but really sometimes ppl need to vent that frustration,bottling it up doesn't make things any better either.

kassia

Maybe I can find a quote about how to eliminate people without a sense of humor.

I have a son with Prader Willi Syndrome. I lost a grandson who only had half a brain last December. If anyone is allowed to try to light things up, it's me. Sheesh.:confused:

This post just makes me uncomfortable. There are plenty of people who are mentally challenged for one reason or another or just aren't blessed with intelligence. Is it ok just to hope that they somehow hurt or kill themselves? I don't know about you all but I thank God everyday for giving me intelligence and pray for the wisdom to use it well.

Wow! I can't believe you are saying that mentally challenged people should be considered stupid. That's really rude.

Maybe I can find a quote about how to eliminate people without a sense of humor.

I have a son with Prader Willi Syndrome. I lost a grandson who only had half a brain last December. If anyone is allowed to try to light things up, it's me. Sheesh.:confused:

You absolutely are allowed to lighten things up, Robin! I'm so sorry about your grandson. I had no idea about your loss... ((hugs))

As for the quote you are looking for...how about:
“Over-seriousness is a warning sign for mediocrity and bureaucratic thinking. People who are seriously committed to mastery and high performance are secure enough to lighten up.”
— Michael J. Gelb

Not at all. You're the one who brought up the mentally challenged. I never even considered that Robin's thread had ANY thing to do with mentally challenged people. You're the one who made that leap.

I thought of an even better one, Robin (in regards to those who are easily offended...)

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. —Theodor Geisel

One of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite authors. :)

Not at all. You're the one who brought up the mentally challenged. I never even considered that Robin's thread had ANY thing to do with mentally challenged people. You're the one who made that leap.

Any you are the one who suggested "thinning the heard". That is disgraceful.

You know I almost never come here anymore - for this very reason. Sorry, but I really think this place has become SO unkind and intolerant. For those of us who used to visit more frequently, we all know there is NO ONE more caring, compassionate, driven to help, and willing to stand for the down-trodden than Robin.

I'm truly sorry that the point of her (IMO) humorous quote was taken and twisted to this degree.

I so appreiciate the fabulous crew of friends that have come from these boards. And fortunately I can take this friendship and stay connected in other, not-so-ugly environs.

Robin -- love ya' girl!

I thought of an even better one, Robin (in regards to those who are easily offended...)

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. —Theodor Geisel

One of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite authors. :)

Thanks Stephanie. How is your little one? Yikes, not so little anymore?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.