The Amityville Horror

ZT27

Cathlete
Does anyone know if this is a true story or it's mostly fabricated? I live about 15 min. away from this town and I cannot find any info. about this ghost story. I'm not looking for the info. for the movie, just info. if it's a true story or not.

Lisa

It's "based on a true story". There's probably some small kernel in it somewhere of actual truth, but I'm thinking the whole "possessed house" thing is fabricated.

Yes,its based on a true story.
I saw a show on E yesterday with the actors that are in this remake and they said that this new version is more true than the older version made in the 70's.I guess the producer or whomever went back to the police or record reports and such and they found more events that had happened.So yeay,its definetly a true flick.
I cant wait to see it!!Im such a sucker for horror films,especially if they're true!
I forgot to say,maybe they have info about the story at your library?

Found a site www.amityvillehorrortruth.com

Back when the original version of this movie came out, they promoted it as a true story. I'm sure there has been some artistic-license, though.

the murders that took place in the house are real. in the first movie you see little flashes of them. but the whole demonic house thing is based on a book by george lutz that was later admitted to be a hoax. but it got a lot of attention and a movie out of it.
maddie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.