Thanksgiving Day Challenge

I'm having a hard time finding info on this on the web...can somebody point me in the right direction??

I'd be looking for monmouth or middlesex county new jersey info...THANKS!:)

I make no promises, Sarah but I'm willing to check it out...as a walker ofcourse!:p

Sarah-
This is a great challenge!

A few years ago on this forum we had a challenge to do Body Max all of it on T day. Many of us did it.

This year my Plantar Fasciitis will prevent me from high impact activity, however I will do a decent WO probably GS legs or Legs & Glutes (sans x-plosive lunges) And /or an interval spinning session.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

Lisa, I have horrible sciatic nerve problems. I have found that putting a lot more emphasis on hamstring stretches really helps a lot. HUGE HELP, actually!

If you go to www.runnersworld.com they have a "race finder" or "race calender". What I do, is I do a yahoo search for local runners clubs, click on their sites and pull up their race calenders. For example, I knew I was going to be in the Youngstown area, so I did a Yahoo search for "Youngstown runners" and the club links popped up. That is how I found my Turkey Trot that I'll run back where I grew up. Funniest thing...had to send my check and registration to my chemistry teacher!!LOL!!:D

Sara, I would do this, but I'll be traveling the morning of Turkey Day and that's when all the Turkey Trots are. :( So I'll just make a point to do some running in the afternoon, alright? :)

There are no Turkey Trots here. I will be doing the day after Thanksgiving shopping though, does that count for something? I will have DH and all three kids in tow. Plus my MIL, FIL, SIL and her DH and their two kids. Should be, ummm, interesting! lol

I can't believe that our town doesn't have one. I really thought that there was one. I even went to www.cararuns.org. There's not even a race on Thanksgiving near my town!:-( Well, now that you got this on my mind, I'll join you all in a run in my neighborhood. It's very hilly and is always a challenge. I usually go longer than a 5k whenever I get outside to run. So, count me in for this! :D Is everyone starting at 8A?

This is a good idea!

Dallas

I think I'd rather run a MARATHON than cook for 26 people!!!!!! As Jack Nicolson said in "Terms of Indearment," "I'd rather stick needles in my eyes!"
Just Do It! :)

I have my own Turkey Trot every Thanksgiving. It's my own tradition to do my own six mile run every Thanksgiving so I don't feel too guilty after pigging out. ;) I prefer to run alone to avoid the crowds, parking troubles, and I get to pick my run time.

love the idea, but the reality is cooking for 20+, and wrapping up housecleaning are on my schedule!! i gotta work wed 10 hrs, so i cant do it early

have fun to all who go for it!

Every year our bike club does a 30 mile ride at 10 a.m. on Thanksgiving Day. I'll be out of town at my sister's for Thanksgiving, so will miss it! I enjoyed doing it last year, even though we got rained on and folks thought we were nuts (we are!) Great idea, Sarah!

Jeanette

Nice challenge Sarah. I have always wanted to do something like the Turkey Trot. Thanks for putting the little bug in my ear. I mayy just surprise myself that day.

Marla

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.