Thank you Cathe!

espinosa

I have been an exerciser for most of my adult life. Two years ago, I really hurt my back deadlifting very heavy weight with bad form, at a gym. I had to take the past 2 1/2 years off from working out, and I gained over fifty pounds. I was given the OK to exercise again last November, but I was afraid to re-enter that gym. My husband (wonderful guy) bought me a nice weight set and treadmill, and put them and a TV and DVD in the spare room. He made me a home gym!I lost 10-15 pounds, and was feeling better about myself, but around the holidays I was getting bored with the videos I had.

Then it happened! I was watching TV and I saw a commercial for FIT TV! I instantly became hooked, and after a couple of weeks doing some of the easier show on there, one night I found Cathe! It is great to see those women working so hard, and so well, with Cathe leading the way. She sure is one tough cookie! I love the emphasis on form and stretching, which are now very important to me!

I have new inspiration and a renewed interest in working out. I have lost 20 more pounds since Jan. 1, and will continue until I am back to my old weight. I can feel such a difference in the way my (smaller) clothes fit, and how I feel inside and out! Every day I get up trying to decide which workout to do, they are all so varied and challenging. I am thrilled to find this forum, to see there are other Cathe addicts out there! This may be my success story, but Cathe sure helped make it happen! STAY STRONG!!! kIM

Hi Kim, what an inspirational story, thank you for sharing and congratulations on your success!:7

Congratulations on your success!!

I am soo glad you found Cathe too. You will never get bored now!!! She is the best!!!

Keep it up!

Beverly

Beverly- You're pictures look amazing! What an inspiration! If you don't mind can you tell me your age and where did you get your barbell weights and step? I am just starting out with Cathe, but am not new to exercise and would love to look like you!

Thanks!:)

Denise

Denise,

Thanks for the compliment. I am 33 years old. The Step in the pictures is from Wal-Mart. I use this as a weight bench only. It goes up to 14.5 inches. Great for bench, leg press, and that kind of stuff. I use a Reebok step for step aerobic. I can't even tell you where the barbell and weights are from, my dad bought me those when I was 16 years old. The barbell is an odd weight, 17 pounds. I know that it is an IVANKO set. The weights that go on are great. They are rubber coated. I have 4 10lbs, 4 ea 5 pounders and some 2.5 lb and some 1 1/4 lb size. I love this weight set.

Let me know if you have any more questions. Good luck on your fitness journey..

Beverly

Beverly,

Thanks for answering my questions. I myself am 40 yrs. old. I have 5 children and am in good shape for that. I have been working hard to stay in shape after children for years, but I noticed that after having my last child 2 years ago, it is much more difficult to get into the shape that I used to be in. I am 5'5" and only weigh 112 lbs. I really didn't want to lose that much weight. I have been exercising hard since January. I eat a very healthy diet with 40% carbs., 30% protein, and 30% good fats. When I want to shed pounds, I eat between 1200-1500 cals. When I want to maintain, I eat between 1700-1900 cals. Do you think I need more calories, because I lost more weight than I wanted to. I only wanted to go as low as 115lbs. and I went under that. I have been eating between 1800-1900 cals. lately, but still lost weight. Now I also want to build my upper body more, while keeping my waiste small, and my lower half toned and in shape. What do you do as far as diet and cals. I appreciate any advice you could give.
Thanks!
Denise:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.