Thank you all

Fitnik

Cathlete
Just wanted to say thanks again to those who responded to my "overwhelmed" post and to Cathe and others who responded to my "vain pregnancy" post. DH and I will now be trying in earnest, having not really started trying seriously before now - however, I'm bewildered by all the calculations regarding ovulation - has anyone had success with ovulation kits? I've bought a couple of these (I'm very regular) and we'll see how it goes. I'm very relaxed about the whole thing and we've both decided that this is our top priority for now - well, DH can hardly complain ;-)

Anyway, will keep you all posted !

Personally, I like the basal body temp. method. That's how I got pregnant with my daughter. You know what's going on every day with your body and after a month or two, you have a really good idea of when you ovulate.

You might want to read Take Charge of Your Fertility which explains this method as well as going into other factors. I personally have never read this book but know many, many people who have and swear by it.

Good luck :)

http://www.fitmomsonline.com/allisig1.gif
Mommy to Zachary, Jillian and Baby due February 24, 2002
...we're half way there :)

Hi!

Congrats on your decision to start trying! Just wanted to let you know that I bought the ClearPlan Fertility Monitor because after going off the pill, my cycles were anything but regular! They're quite expensive, but it worked the FIRST month we tried it. We kind of laughed that we didn't get our money's worth! ;-)
We can use it again for our second one.

Anyway, I'm a healthy 4 1/2 months pregnant with our first baby!

Good luck and keep us posted!

Wendy

This is such a great board

Well, I've been to amazon.com and read the scores of positive reviews about "Take Charge of your Fertility" and have ordered it ! It seems to confirm a lot of the reasons behind many of the observations I had made about my body over the years - and luckily I have been tracking my cycles for nearly 5 years now (don't ask why !!)

Hope to post soon-ish with some good news !

RE: This is such a great board

I also read Taking Charge of Your Fertility and give it alot of credit in helping me to conceive this child so quickly. I learned so much from that book and highly recommend it. If you have been tracking your cycles that long you should be in great shape!

Best wishes and I sure do hope to see you joining us here soon! :)

Alison

RE: This is such a great board

Just wanted to let you know I used the Clear Plan ovulation predictors twice and got pregnant both times. They really helped me since I have a long cycle.

Juju
sprout edd 4-28-02

I used the Answer (I think that was the brand -- it's been a while now) ovulation predictor kit and had great success -- once I figured out how to use it properly. I guess I didn't read the directions carefully enough because initially I thought as soon as you saw the line indicating an LH surge, you were supposed to do the deed RIGHT THEN. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Turns out you're supposed to wait 12 to 24 hours before making love, since the LH surge only indicates that you're ABOUT to ovulate, not that you have.

Anyway, once we figured out that we'd been jumping the gun, so to speak, we got pregnant the very next month. I think a pack of 5 sticks costs something like $14. I personally wouldn't advise investing in the $200 fertility monitor unless I was having trouble conceiving.

Good luck and have fun! ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.