Taebo live

linda2

Hi, I tried the Taebo tapes during the holidays last year when they first came out and was disappointed, and returned them. I've read about the Taebo live advanced tapes and was wondering if anyone has tried them? If so, are they advanced? The other tapes didn't really get my heart rate up. I need to do something other than step - and I hate running and there are no nearby gyms. Thanks for any input!

Live tapes are much better than studio

Hi Linda,

I have tried Advanced Live 1,2, & 3. They are all three much better than the studio tapes. Among them, my preference is probably #2. I have already traded away #1.

As far as the intensity level, I think they are quite a bit tougher than the original. You can make them tougher too by really concentrating on contracting your muscles during every repetition.

If you are looking to add some kickboxing, there are some other vids you might consider. I really like PowerKicks with Aaron Lankford. It is not as intense as Tae Bo, but Aaron doesn't get on my nerves like BB does. Janis Saffel has a couple CIA's that you might check into 9809 and 9907. I have not done either of these, but they have gotten some pretty good reviews.

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that it IS an advanced workout, easy to follow and I think it's fun! I've seen it panned so many times, but I liked it. It REALLY make me pant and sweat, and the floorwork is a real killer!!!!!

So, take my opinion for what it's worth.
happy.gif

Tae Bo for non fan?

I also had the original tapes, like the basic workout, but it wasn't intense enough. Since one of my beefs (or "tofus"?) with the tape was that Billy annoyed me (too "in your face", and really annoying when he basically tells us to call on God to help us through another set of leg lifts!!), I was wondering if he's any less annoying in Live 2. Also, are the warm-ups any better than in the original advanced tapes (I kind of doubt it, because in his book, Billy again uses just a stretch as a "warm-up, with no cardio warm-up). I'm willing to try Tae Bo again, but am still unsure.

Less religion/better warm up

The warm ups in the Live series are quite a bit better than in the studio version. They are still pretty quick. The warm up for AL2 could actually be part of the workout (its pretty intense for a warm up). I can't really remember on AL3, but I will do it in the next few days and get back with you.

BB is not nearly as religious once you get past AL1. I don't really remember him being too annoying in either AL2 or AL3. He does still "get in your face" a bit to push you, but he is not preachy.

It has been a while since I have done AL2 or 3, but they are a huge improvement over the studio version.

Live series

So far, I've tried the original Tae Bo tapes, Basic and Advanced Live Vol 1, and Advanced Vol 4. I think the Live tapes are better than the studio tapes (although I did like the original Advanced). My favorite is definitely the Live Vol 4 though. That's the one I do now when I feel like doing Tae Bo. I don't do the original Advanced one anymore, and I traded away Vol 1.

Vol 4 has just the right intensity, fun factor, and is at just the right length.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.