++**##Superduper Wednesday##**++

Krille

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

I guess, I am getting us started. Sure miss Kate starting the thread for us ;).

Well after TTC last night, I am really tired this morning and I was really hoping to do my workout this morning because I got an hair appointment at 11.30 am and don't want to do my workout afterwards so I don't mess up my new haircut :p. So maybe after a little computer time I will be able to get started on my workout. Today will be a premix of KPC.

I'll be back later
Kristine :)

Oops! We posted at the same time. We can use yours (it has a better title).

Here's what I posted:
Good morning ladies. Justin has pre-school today, his teacher said he's adapting really well & making friends...she's glad that we decided to ease him into it...the program is suppose to be 2 full-days/week, but we decided to take him just 1/2 day one day/week for a while & then slowly go up as he's ready.

Yesterday I did a mish-mosh variety workout. I tried a "new" Netflix step workout by Seasun Zigler--the choreography was challenging...so I opted to do the first section 2 times & then whipped out ASC2!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!! I LOVE that DVD. The music just rocks & the moves are so fun! Then I did 15-min abs from Amy's Abs & stretch DVD. I really had lots of fun.

Today, I"m not sure which workout I'll do. Maybe I'll take a rest day since I haven't taken one yet this week....or I"ll try a different Netflix just for fun. I have ody Bar & BOSU Training with Mindy Mylrea----is that the one that Jen recommended a couple weeks ago?!?

What's on everyone's agenda for today? Susan, has AF arrived? Where are you other ladies on your TTC schedule? Who's next go deliver? Lisa?

Well, off to take Justin to school & run a couple errands.

morning ladies. I had a dream last night I was working out again.. I was sad when I woke up and it was a dream. lol! I hope soon though. I felt a bit better last night.

Melany- thats good you were able to ease him into pre-k. It can be a hard transition. 2 days a week isn't bad either though.

I read a book this last week from the library that I think is fantastic. Its called "the no-cry sleep solution". Very good ideas I'm going to try this time around. I tend to be more of an attachment parent and the ideas in the book will work great for me. Yes I'm already worried about sleep after baby haha. Well really it's cause I got in a discussion about it with my neighbor and got curious about it. I'm glad I read it now instead of waiting for baby when I have no time to read though. I may skim over it again when I'm nearing the due date.

Jessica, we did alot of co-sleeping. With nursing, I found it easier to have them close. Since I work during the day, my wee-ones did some "reverse" feedings---both my youngest boys "feasted" through out the night. It was some wonderful bonding for us. :)

good morning ladies, i hope everyone is doing well!
I miss kate on the check ins! I am sure she is busy with her new little bundle of joy :)

Not much is new with me, just working and winding down from my travel. Hard to believe a week ago I was at my mom's. Time sure does fly by. She had to mail down this great diaper cake and diaper wreath she made me. She is sooo clever. I should post a picture.

Im starting to feel the baby move now. Its so weird - like a pulsing in my stomach. Its off and on. Im 22 weeks today, over half way there. This pregnancy is going by quickly.

Oh, i am having weird symptoms and i will ask my midwife on friday. Did any of you experience a racing heart? I"ve been getting it the past couple days. Mostly when I am eating. My heart just starts racing - like yesterday it was almost 90bmps when normally i'm about 64bpm. I read an accelerated heart rate is normal, but I havent heard anyone else mention it. I feel like i need to take deep breaths and my chest is tight. Its just bizarre..wondering if this is normal.

Melanie, I did mention Mindy's Burn/Explode and Her sports strength conditioning for the bosu.

I havent worked out in like a week. I was gone wed-sun. Sun nite i did a new wrkout Dove Bodies 4. Tonite and tomorrow i need kickbutt workouts since DH is at work. And hopefully fri i can squeeze another one in, and of course this weekend i will.

Friday will be busy becuase I have my morning doctor appoitnments for my monthly baby check up. Then, i want to return this huge mt evererst climbing backpack my aunt gifted me for the baby and get two things i can actually use - like a high chair and bassinet or bassinet and siwng and maybe i can spend some gift cards while i'm at it. I am also driving abotu 20 min out to pick up a pottery barn changing table and shelf. She paid over 500 for the table alone and its just a standard open shelved changing table, excatly what i'm looking for. its older, but sturdy and supposedly in excellent condition. its a cheap price too, which i LOVE. So wish me luck.

Oh, and im purchasing a used, but like new Medela Pump in Style Breastpump from someone for almost half the price. A coworker recommend i get that style and get it used. I think it has new peices to go with it so thats good for sanitary reasons. I hope i'm able to breast feed because its quite an investment, and as you all know we are struggling with money right now but i think its something i need especially since i have no choice but to work when the baby comes :(

Ok, i've talked everyone's ear off now, thanks for listening

i hope you all have a great day!

Melanie -yeah I did the same with my two boys. ;) I really enjoyed breastfeeding and co-sleeping. I did use the crib though when I wanted deeper sleep. I'd just get them to sleep first. Then later when they woke up I'd bring them back to bed with me.
I am going to try the sidecar arrangement this time for the beginning at least. So baby has its own space near me. http://www.freewebs.com/sidecarcrib/index.htm
The book really helps with gradually developing a schedule though and helping baby be a bit easier to get to sleep... not need to wake everytime it stirs at night to nurse. I don't mind night nursing.. but I prefer them to when they are hungry and not just to nod them back off again like a pacifier. So she just suggests nursing and then trying to remove the nipple while they are on their way to sleep instead of out so they learn to get past that last bit to sleep on their own. (takes time) Then when they wake only partially at night they may just fall back out instead of needing to suck etc. As adults we also stir regularly at night, turn over, fix covers and conk back out without really waking up. It really is just helping them be able to do the same unless they really need something (to nurse, diaper change). You just try to read baby to see which it is. So it seems to make sense. I know I'll still be up at night nursing. Well, we'll see how it all works out when baby is here anyway. ;) There were more things covered than that but its a very basic overview. Her website has a PDF that covers key points. No crying involved ;)

Jen -I'd say the used pump is worth it. If your buying at a used price you could resell it for around the same right? Besides formula adds up quite fast and breastfeeding is much cheaper so its worth a go, give it your best! :) I know that medela one is pricey though. I've seen it at a consignment shop and some on craigslist.
I actually picked up a backpack at goodwill last time I dropped some stuff off. It is like new and so nice. I will use it alot. When they get a bit bigger its easy to pop them back there while you do chores and they can watch. They love it. My boys tended to conk out back there too it must be relaxing lol. Also I can toss it on DH back for when I need a break! It also works great on outings where you want your hands free. I hope you find some good stuff though in exchange.
Sounds great about the Pottery Barn goodies!
yay on feeling baby. I can't wait for that :) I do sometimes feel like I have a bout of racing heart and sometimes light headedness. I'd just ask at the next appt about it.

Last edited:
hey everybody!

we're doing great - sounds like you all are too!

i cant stop staring at julia long enough to post much - just wanted to say a quick hello!

bbl..........

Hi ladies!
Kate--Glad you're little Julia is doing well! I can't stop staring at Charlie either. I keep wondering who he's going to look like!

Jen--How are you doing? How's the baby?

Hi to everyone else! Hope everyone is well. Crossing my fingers that you TTCers have a "fruitful" month!! Crossing my fingers that you new mommies (me included) have good sleepers tonight!!

The past couple of nights have been brutal. It's SO hard for me to stay awake during the night. I'm not as young as I used to be! Went to the doc today to get blood checked again. I had developed pre-eclampsia after Charlie's birth, which is pretty rare. Hopefully my bloodwork will show it's all gone. Will find out in a few days. I'm SO SICK of being poked and prodded!! Better go check on Charlie. He's napping. Hope you all have a fabulous day!!! :)

Jessica, you will NOT be disappointed with the Medela breastpump. It is great...and saved us loads of money. What insurance do you have? Many insurance companies will pay for a breastpump (with a prescription copay) if your doctor gives you a prescription for it. You just have to find a Medela distributor in your area. Just an idea.

Hi Kate. Enjoy your little Julia. We do miss your activity online though!!!

stephanie, sorry about the poking and prodding :) I know that feeling all too well. Is pre eclempsia reversible or is it something you are stuck with?

im curious about if anyone else had a racing heart. I've had one reply already but so far noone else chimed in so maybe its not a common as i read

melanie i hope i do like the pump, its pricey. i dont know if inusrance covers it or not, but it will pay for itself if i can breastfeed as opposed to formula - which is pricey. And i'm Jen, not Jessica :) You call me Jessica every now and then haha No big deal :)

I have to decide on a workout for tonite since i havent done one in a week and im getting fat! or i feel that way anyway. i need to chuck that scale

Sorry Jen!!!!!!!! I'll get it right. It helps when there are signatures on the bottom of posts...otherwise I have to go with my memory to remember everyone's name. I'm not really good with names....someone keeps calling me Melony too...don't remember who it is....

Anywho....JEN, you will love the pump, if not you'll be able to sell for what you paid for it, I"m sure! For sanitary reasons they do recommend buying new phlanges for them....but if you wanna save some money you could sterilize in hot water (which I"m sure you'd do anyway).

Today I did Mindy's Body Bar BOSU workouts...it has a different name than what you recommended though? It was okay....seemed a little long toward the end. The cardio BOSU part is so much fun (not fond of any strength training). The only super irritating part is when she sticks a small cardio section at the end after what seems like 15 minutes of straight strength training (HR was way down already)...seems disjointed AND I think she only worked one side of the obliques!?!? Strange....

Speaking of HR/Pulse....VERY common to have increased HR when pg b/c your blood volume goes up so much. Nothing to worry about, but you can bring it up to your ob at your next appt. :)

I had such a nice relaxing day. Back to work tomorrow...for just 2 days...I got an extra "vacation" day for totalling my car. :)

Melanie - it was probably me. I caught myself spelling your name wrong in the last post and fixed it. oops. sorry bout that. I have to double check names before posting too or I might get mixed up scrolling up and down and typing.

LOL :) No problem melanie. My name is in my screen name jen m go it came from jen (my first name shortened) m (my middle intial) and go (the first two letters of my maiden name). I've just been too lazy / uncreative to come up with a new screen name. i dont even know how to make a signature

yea, i hope i like the pump. its almost 50% off. she has some new peices to it, so i'll have to check out what it comes with. i know there are some extras. i hope im successful at breastfeeding. people tell me to just keep at it and after a few weeks it will be less painful. DH still thinks i'm going to give up!

DH likes a new name - i tell him he has a flavor of the month becuase one day he loves a name and the next he hates it. I dont know how i feel about his new choice. Lukewarm i guess. I've already changed my mind a few times, so i guess its natural. Im really struggling with a name for my baby!

i cant believe i'm half way thru my pregnancy already! i dont want to go back on the road and im wondering what else i could do to earn money. i would LOVE to stay home but we barely get by now on two salaries. We do shift work so it'd be minimal childcare expenses (i think...). But i dont want to be on the road. Besides, how will i pump? haha. i have all that gear on and a bullet proof vest. so it'd be hard. plus i want to be around. I dont know what other choices i have, this economy is awful and the unemployement rate is high. so hard to find jobs! I would love to work from hoem somehow but dont know how to do it or what to do. What also hurts is my husband pays child support for 3 kids from his first marriage so there is NO WAY we can live off his salary. He said sure we could if we forclose on this house! LOL. I've already had one foreclosure, i dont need another....

anyhoo..it is after 9 already. i worked out tonite. I tried Anni's new workout - Cardio Force and it was pretty good. I got quite a sweat out of it. Then i did body pump 60 for a full body wieght workout. Dinner is fried eggs on toast with cheese. Like a sandwich but one peice of wheat bread lol. not very filling...but its getting kind of late

hope u all had a great evening

I don't mind.... a little bit of me remembers being teased on the playground as a little girl. Something about bologna melony. LOL When it's mispelled it reminds me of belogna. I know, it's silly.
I used to make a Cheat Sheet of all the woman on the forum, to keep track of names, screen names, kids ages & names, etcetra. When I had my m/c I just tossed it, thinking that it was too painful at the time. I should remake it....
Anyone have a cheat sheet they can share with me? :eek::eek:

Jen M, do you have WIC in your state? We LOVED that when Jory was a baby. We also found energy assistance to be a lifesaver.

The boys are running around naked after their bath. Best get them dressed!

Thats a good idea Melanie- I think what threw me off on spelling your name was your user name has a Y in it. Not sure what all your letters mean in it but just glancing at your user name I saw "Melany". good idea on the cheat sheet.

Jen - just do your best on BF. Give it all you got. Many are successful with pumping and working although I haven't tried doing it. My sis in law is. They say a good pump is Key and that one your getting is the best I hear. Yeah the first few weeks are the tuffest, getting the latch down, getting the milk in, just plain getting used to it. It is usually mostly smooth sailing after that point. Make sure you have some help (a lactation consultant to call or visit, bf group meetings, or good bf book).

lol on the boys running naked. We've had that scene many times. My youngest loves being in the nude lol. I practically have to tackle him to clothe him. My oldest isn't that way anymore though and usually gets dressed right away on his own. Hes already getting a bit modest. ugh they grow up too fast!

Hi Ladies,
Busy day here too. I can't believe how fast the days go!
I spend a lot of time looking at Aidan as well. He does look a lot like DS #1 did when he was born, so I wonder if he will grow up to look like him too.

Stephanie-How did the dr's find out about your preeclampsia after the birth? You had a c/s too, right? I am having such a hard time with gas (so much of it, and so little wants to come out). My friend is experiencing the same thing (she had her c/s 3 weeks ago). Melanie-feel free to chime in too...what can I take??? I am already taking Gas-X, Colace for constipation...enough already!!! I am weaning myself off of percoset, and I know that causes constipation. I am only taking one a day (at night) when my pain is at its worst.
I am not used to getting up for a length of time at night either. At least it won't last forever! My DS#1 fell out of his bed between nighttime nursings with DS #2:(.

Kate-I bet you are in heaven too!

Jen M-I have a Medella pump-the backpack one (my friend loaned it to me)-I just have to get new attachments. I used the Pump-n-Style larger model with DS #1 (also a loaner), and it worked great! My DH is busting to feed Aidan, and I have a class coming up in 2 weeks, so I want to start pumping and freezing some milk soon.

Hello to everyone else!
-Jen

Jen--I called my doc to complain that my swelling didn't go down, and I was worried a week after Charlie's birth, and the nurse practitioner wanted to test me for pre-eclampsia. My blood pressure was fine, but I had had a few headaches and saw floaters, which are signs of pre eclampsia, along with the swelling and my blood results. I mean I had BAD swelling. My legs were HUGE and the skin literally hurt because it was stretched to capacity. I haven't had any problems with gas or constipation, but I didn't take the percoset, only annoprox, because the percoset made me paranoid when I took one in the hospital. I hope that yours improves soon! I'm so sorry about your DS's fall! Hope he was OK!

-----
Charlie is fussy. He hasn't pooped today, and he looks miserable. Hopefully he will soon, or I predict a LONG night! Wish us luck tomorrow. I'm taking him back to the pediatrician because he has some kind of cyst on his elbow I want to get checked out. Will talk to you guys later!! Hugs to all!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.