SUNRISE ALARM CLOCK

PHYLLYRN

Cathlete
Hi, I am just a lurker but I wanted some advice on a sunrise alarm clock. I am a morning exerciser but find around October and through winter that I have a hard time getting up. I was wondering if anyone used it and if it has helped.

Thanks for the info.

PHYLLIS

Hi,
A sunrise alarm clock starts to brighten the room with light starting 30 mins before you wake and by the time the alarm is set the clock will fully brighten the room. I think it is suppose to mimic a sunrise which is supposed to allow your body to wake up more naturally at even earlier times. I was reading a couple of sites about the winter blues and they had mentioned this alarm for people who find it hard to wake up during the winter months. I hope this helps.
Thanks for replying.

Phyllis

Wow, I didn't know such things existed. I would love to learn more about these clocks too. Where can you find one? Anyone know?

Jodi

Hi Jodi,
I just put in a search in Yahoo for sunrise alarm clocks and it gave me a bunch of sites. They are not cheap, they seem to run for a basic one $89.00 to over 250.00. However, I feel if it will help me keep up with my workouts especially when I get my new Cathe's it will be worth it. The morning is the only time I can work out before work with my job and kids and sports after school and all my other responsibilities. I hope this helps.
Phyllis

I got one about 2 months ago when it started being dark when I got up. It has been wonderful. My body is totally taken in by it and thinks it is getting up with the sun. It was one of the best "exercise" toys I ever got.

I found that I needed to shorten the sunrise to 15 minutes, or I'd wake up too early. I also kept my old radio/phone/alarm clock just as a back up, but I only needed it once.

I got my online from Relax and I'd highly recommend it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.