++++Sunday preggos/ttc check in+++++

MSJ

Cathlete
Hi Ladies--since I'm the insomniac today, I guess I'll start:p

I've hit the stage where time is just creeping and I feel that I will never give birth.

++++
Susan--I'm glad you got dd back all safe and sound. I always worry a bit when they are away, even though I enjoy my alone time.

Kristan--To zone out on the Olympics whilst cuddling a newborn sounds heavenly. We no longer have a tv, so I guess I won't see any of it unless we go up to my mil's house, which is a possibility. Or maybe I'll give birth while the Olympics are still going and I can zone out in the hospital with my newborn and watch.....yessssss.....
+++++

Hi Kate, Hi Jen, Hi Lisa, Hi Mikki, Hi Jenm (having a safe trip home I hope), Hi Anne, Hi Morris, Hi Melanie (((hugs))), Hi Stephanie, Hi Candra, Hi Trish (hope that move is going well)

Maggie:)
38 weeks, 6 days

Good Morning All,

Have room for one more preggo? :D I just found out that I am about 5 weeks pregnant. I am 35 and this is my first. DH and I have been trying for about 3 years. We went through fertility a few years ago with no luck and have just been trying on our own since. This came as quite a shock as we had resigned ourselves to the fact that it wouldn't happen. Needless to say I am very happy, but also very, very scared. DH and I have been married for almost 15 years, so this will be quite a change for us! ;o)

Hope to get to know all of you.

Lori

Hi ladies!
Where is everybody?

Hi Lori! Welcome! Congratulations too! When is your due date? I'm 34 and pregnant with #3 (third boy!! :)). I know the first trimester is rough on the body and the emotions, so you'll love this check-in. I've met SO many wonderful people here who have helped me so much. I'm excited about this new adventure for you!! :)

Maggie--You have six (about to be seven) kids and NO TV??? You ARE a saint. I'm convinced. :) I think we'd all have withdrawals if we didn't have TVs. I'm probably the worst tv-watching-offender around here. I leave it on either TLC, the cooking channel or MSNBC constantly. I'm sorry that time is standing still for you right now. It's just around the corner, though!! And I am SO excited for you!

Hi to everyone else!!!
-----
Well, my very productive day I planned has turned out to be not very productive. In fact, we're having a totally lazy day. Skipped church and haven't done A THING. We're taking the boys for a treat in a little bit to celebrate the first week of school next week. I've been in a funk this weekend because I'm SO huge, and I've had such a sweet tooth AND it can't seem to work out anymore. I'm scared I'll tear the uterine incision and won't forgive myself for putting the baby in jeopardy for vanity sake. Oh well. Hopefully next week will be a clean-eating week.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday!!

Hello ladies! I am in shock & awe today...... I have a positive pregnancy test. I keep saying I am cautiously optimistic. I am a former OB nurse and know my risks. This will be our 3rd. We have an 8 y/o DD and 4 y/o DS. DD is very excited but said, if it is a boy, I'll....I'll..... I'll throw up". LOL! Aren't 8 y/o's a riot! I look forward to hangin' out here..... hopefully for awhile. :)

Hi Girls,
Yesterday's party just about wiped me out. I was up from 4a.m. (with insomnia) until 11:30 pm lastnight! Then, I woke up with insomnia from 1:30-3:00a.m.!!!!!!!!! I just took a nap for about an hour, but I feel worse than I did before my nap. I am anxiously awaiting the phone call from the guy who said he's trade his Wii for our XBOX 360. He said he would call between 3-4, and it's now 3:45p.m. (hmmmmmmmmm).

Congrats Autumn!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a feeling that you were pregnant when I saw your name on a post. How exciting! Welcome, and I am sure you will stick around for a long while. I look forward to "talking" with you.

Welcome to Lori too! How exciting-pregnant with #1! You will find so much support here.

Stephanie-I am with you on the "slarth-like" body image. I keep eating junk (ex: my snack I just finished was a piece of Amercan cheese with potato chips), and I feel lazy (could be the diet???). I do want to do one of my Jari Loves that I bought-tomorrow is looking more like it.

Maggie-Hang in there. I am with Stephanie...no tv??? I would die! You definitely are a super mom!

Hi Kate, Hi Morris, Hi Kristan, Hi Lisa, Hi Candra, Hi Mikkia, Hi Susan, Hi Trish, Hi Anne, Hi Melanie! Sorry if I forgot anyone.

-Jen

Jen #2-How was your trip?

Me again, catching up on personals from yesterday...

Susan and Maggie-my open house went well-I made about $500 (yipee)! The weather was beautiful, and we had about 30 people in all. Yeah Susan for Haley's return!

Kate-Sorry you are having trouble breathing. When that happens, I try to poke the baby to get him to move. It is a pain! I hope you are feeling better today.

Stephanie-The situtation with your son's teacher/starting year with sub will be fine. Actually, that is happening with one 2nd grade teacher this year. She is due any day, and the sub will start the year. Yes, it is a review period, and if the real teacher is a good one, she will keep in very close contact with the sub and help her with lesson plans, etc. I will start the year, then take off from Oct-Jan. I plan to meet with my sub when my room is completed ( I am still in process up organizing everything in the new room) and letting her know where everything is, giving her last year's plan book to use as a guide and making sure to let her know how things run, etc. But, like I said, it shouldn't be a problem for your son.

Kristan-I am anxiously awaiting a phone call from the Wii guy...it's now 3:55, and he said he'd call between 3-4!!!

I still can't figure out how to get those smileys in my posts (grrrrrrrrrrrrr). Help!

Oh, the party girl that I am, is having a Pampered Chef show on Wed night. I never hosted one, but I would like to replace some of my kitchen things that broke. Have any of you ever hosted one? How did it go if you did? I am kind of regretting that I ever booked it with all the other crap I have to get done this week.

-Jen

Jen- I'll ask husband his opinion re xbox pricing.

Autumn-hurray for you! It will be good to hear from you again. Us Missouri girls must stick together.

I tried running today and went about 3 miles. I call it my "church" run because I run by about 10 churches (I live in an old section of town where there is a giant church on every corner).

Tonight's dinner is bacon 'n' eggs, and I am saving bacon to make an appetizer for my girls' Olympic night on tuesday. We joke that we're going to wear leotards and sparkly makeup.

Congrats Autumn!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a feeling that you were pregnant when I saw your name on a post. How exciting! Welcome, and I am sure you will stick around for a long while. I look forward to "talking" with you.

Thank you Jen!!!!! Now I just have to get thru the next ~ 36 weeks. :eek:

Hey Guys!
Today has been a totally rainy lazy day hanging out with dh and dd. We did go to Walmart..but that is it! We are eating leftovers so I don't even have to cook! We have wathed olympics all day.
Maggie-so sorry about your insomia..you can Jen should chat at the wee hours. I wish sometimes we had no tv. Was there a particular reason why you decided to get rid of it?

Jen-did the xbox guy ever call? Hope you can sleep tonight!

Lori-congrats and welcom! Youll get lots of support here!

Stephanie-we have had a very lazy day too. You are probably getting the rain we are getting.

Autumn-congrats!! how exciting!

Well, this is typical for me....my breasts are getting major sore..and its too early to be a preg symptoms, so its pms most likely. We'll see. AF is supposed to arrive on the 20th, so I have a time to go before anything is for sure.

I guess I"ll go veg out some more!

Hi to everyone!!!!

Yeah...Wii guy called. He was on his boat all day and didn't have his cell phone (he still should have called-that's the responsible me talking). He is coming between 8-9pm. I still didn't exercise, but I thought about it (does that count?). In addition to my wonderfully nutritious snack I had before, I ate 1/2 of a Hershey bar with almonds (protein, right?). Have a great night, and please wish me NO insomnia!!!
-Jen

Autumn, why didn't you tell me?!?!?!?! Congrats!!!!!!

Hello, everyone. :)

Thank you Melanie! I thought I emailed you. :confused: My email has been wacky lately though..... people aren't getting my messages. I just found out today. I'm really shocked! The baby is due in April..... the month my mom passed away....... actuallly 9 month to day from the ETC but you have to subtract 7 days..... but still pretty cool. :cool:

Autumn-hurray for you! It will be good to hear from you again. Us Missouri girls must stick together.

Thank you Kristan!!

Autumn-congrats!! how exciting!

Thank you Susan!!

Hi Ladies--

Oh my--re the tv--we do watch dvds and I think the little ones watch too much. I'm not super mom:eek:. We got rid of it because we didn't want to pay for cable and the big 3 don't really interest me, plus, for us, tv is a time-waster. We are just too busy to afford the distraction--I spend enough time as it is on the computer:p.

I get really excited about having a baby because of getting to watch tv. I'll probably watch FOX and Court TV for a couple of days (and if the Olympics are still on-that).

+++++
Welcome, Lori--this is a great group of very supportive ladies! I'm due up to deliver soon, but we are all over the pregnancy "map" so to speak.

Autumn--Oh I am so excited for you. It's probably too early for symptoms, but keep us posted. I'll be praying for you.

Jen--congrats on the sweet moolah, my fellow insomniac! I woke up at 3:30 this morning and fretted about various random things until 5:00 and then just gave up and got up. I tried to nap--dozed a little--and like you, I feel even lousier now.

Stephanie--I have had a completely lazy day. We did make it to church, but as soon as I got home (well, I ate first of course) I got into bed and have laid there reading and dozing the whole afternoon away. (Tears of the Giraffe by Alexander McCall Smith--the whole book.)

++++
I hear someone screaming upstairs--post interrupted....
Dd2 is mad because older sister stopped giving her rides and tried to placate her with the blackberries that run rampant in the corner of the yard. Didn't work. She's now on my lap, telling dd4--"My mama" He also wants me right now. Makes typing difficult.
+++++
Kristan--Olympic night with your girls? Is that some event outside the home? or is it a family thing where you are watching a special event together. I think you should definitely wear the leotards and sparkly make-up regardless;)

Susan--your day sounds really nice to me. Sometimes we just get so busy with all the stuff we have to do, it's just nice to make Sunday a true day of rest. I didn't cook either. We ate left over soup from yesterday and ds13 (14 tomorrow:eek:) made bread.

Hi everyone else!

38 weeks, 6 days

Susan, I agree with Melanie! When I got pg with Gina I was sure I WASN"T pg because I felt so "period-y". Fingers and toes still crossed!

Melanie, Nice to see you!

Maggie, We don't have a tv either. We don't even miss it.

Welcome new preggies!!!!!!!!!!! Lori, It always seems to be when you least expect it! This pg (our 3rd) was definetly NOT planned, but we are so happy about it! Autumn, LOL on your 8-yo!! This is our 3rd girl - I can’t wait to have their pics taken together!

Stephanie, Sorry you’re feeling so big! I haven’t had the best eating habits this weekend either. Looking forward to eating normal things this week. Back to fruits and veggies, buh-bye to carbs! I love DH, but his carbs don’t love me!

Kristan, LOL at your Olympic party costumes!!

Jen, How was the party? Hopefully a success! I’ve had a Pchef party before - I got a TON of stuff for free/cheap! You will be very happy with it.

JenM - anxiously awaiting your RT details!

Big hello to everybody else!
---------
Crazy weekend for us!! Super busy, but all good things. Be back in the morning. See you then!

Autumn, my first son was born in April. It was the best. I was in my bathing suit by bikini weather & able to take maternity leave all summer! Yeah!

Jen, did you have a P Chef party? I was a P Chef consultant right out of pharmacy school. LOVE their stuff. I did it just long enough to get a whole bunch of free stuff.

I"m in my pants. Yahoo! Things are still snugg---but I'm getting back to normal. Suckling a smoothie as we speak---lo carb + protein powder & flax seed and all that good stuff. Yummy!

Kristan--Olympic night with your girls? Is that some event outside the home? or is it a family thing where you are watching a special event together. I think you should definitely wear the leotards and sparkly make-up regardless;)

38 weeks, 6 days

It's actually my college friends coming over to drink cocktails and watch the Olympics. Kind of a tradition that started in 1996 when a couple of us were taking the bar exam (in Jeff City- Autumn knows where it is) and opted to watch Olympic gymnastics instead of studying. It was all fine- we both passed the bar.

Thanks Kate, you're so sweet. I"m starting to get a little restless---not working yet and flat broke---so can't go anywhere. Why is it that a person can never have time AND money? It's been almost 3 weeks since I worked. I applied for unemployement!--- about 20% of my income, but better than nothing.

Finally got the kids to bed, best head that way myself.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.