SUMMER'S DEMISE

desertambrosia

Cathlete
Good morning everyone. Fall is definitely in the air. Autumn is a beautiful time of year, here in the mountains and high desert. Gorgeous blue skies. But, it also reminds me that Winter is coming.
I do ski, and that does take some of the sting out of Winter. The worst part? It feels like my morning alarm is ringing at midnight.
Time to start thinking about all those indoor projects.
Thanks for reading, and giving me whine time.
Any of you mourning the demise of Summer?:confused:

I am. Even though I do like the change of seasons, I hate the cold weather. Summer wasn't long enough as far as I'm concerned. Days are getting shorter. Before I know it I'll be going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark. Any nice sunny days we have left, I take advantage of them. ;)

Brenda
Fit4You LLC - West Bend, WI

Fall is fun, winter is not! I'm most dreading the shorter amounts of daylight and the winter weather inversions which happen where I live (when air gets trapped under a pressure system, making everything dark and filling the air with pollution). Blech!

This year I am trying a SAD light box to help me deal with the darkness outside. I also take walks on my treadmill during the winter to simulate the walks I normally take outside when the weather is better. It helps deal with that "I'm trapped indoors!" feeling that drives me batty.

Lisa

I HEAR YA!!!! I live in the northeast and it must have been the coolest summer in years. We have a pool and I could only go in it a handful of times, which sucks because it is so tranquil and relaxing, making unbearable heat seem not so bad. Now I'm definitely NOT going in! I absolutely love the fall. The colors, the nip in the air, football, the apples (pies, turnovers, cider):) But it also means cold is on the way.

Summer just has a notion to it that says "Relax, BBQ, play".

yup....I know what you're saying.

I live in Las Vegas. GOOD BYE SUMMER!

Bring on brisk mornings, Thanksgiving and my all time favorite: C H R I S T M A S !!!

Well, that's not really fair cuz the winter weather is one of the top reasons to live in a place like "Hot" Vegas! ;) I keep trying to figure out a way to become a Snowbird in an RV, but alas that is going to have to wait until my retirement years!

Lisa

I would love to be a snowbird, too! Plus, I'm so spoiled with no humidity. I can't complain, though, this summer was pretty mild to me. I'm a Wisconsin girl at heart.

I would love to be a snowbird, too! Plus, I'm so spoiled with no humidity. I can't complain, though, this summer was pretty mild to me. I'm a Wisconsin girl at heart.

I wish I could say goodbye to summer but not yet here in SW FL. I have both heat and humidity and I hate it but my husband loves it, so here we stay. We are still in the 90's but feel close to 100 due to humidity. We don't usually get a good cool down (low 80's to 70's) until late Oct. I do understand what everyone up north feels being from MN. But, if there was one place that had perfect weather all year round, almost everyone would live there. I just wish my "winter/fall" weather would last longer than 3-4 months.

We always have somebody for a long time. It usually starts mid April and goes through October. I remember one summer we had triple digits in October. I actually prefer slightly cooler weather. But, this is where I live with my folks and my family is here. I would prefer to live in a slightly cooler place.

But I could understand why you would want more temperate days.

I did live in Florida for a while, that was very hot. I remember one day was 100° and 100% humidity. Everybody cried. It was so hot.

Well down here in Melbourne, Australia we are at last heading towards Summer. I cannot wait!!!! Our daylight saving starts in a few weeks so our daylight hours will be longer. It won't get dark till almost 9pm. Makes it great for walks after eating. I love Summer!!!!

Kenja

I have family going to Australia and New Zealand in mid October and they are so excited. We are on the downward slide with the days growing shorter here so I am jealous. ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.