Suggestion for Mp3 workout for treadmills

WantFit

Cathlete
I tried to bump up my cardio workout in order to lose fat. I used to run on treadmill a lot and see a good amount of calorie burning and fat lost result. But since I started workout regularly a month ago after over 1 year nursing my surgery foot, I had a hard time to run on treadmill. Now I am doing 4.4mph walk on treadmill. I did it in our basement. I don't have TV there. Is there any one of you can recommend a good mp3 workout for treadmills, walking and not too advanced running?

I heard about Cardio coach. How do you use it? Just follow the instruction? For my level, which one should I start to use?

Also, I saw a few ladies post about itrain.com. How does it compared to Cardio coach? Effective in workout and money wise, which one do you recommend?
WantFit

"Become the change you want to see in the world. Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Mahatma Gandhi

Both Cardio Coach and the iTrains are great MP3 workouts. Both effective and both worth the money.

If you want something that's specific to the treadmill, then I'd go with one of the iTreads from iTrain. Grace gives speed cues for walkers, joggers, and runners so they can accommodate any level. I only have iTread 2, but like it. You might check out the VF reviews for others - http://www.videofitness.com/instructors/itrain.php - or do an iTread search here. There have been plenty of postings.

There are a couple of coupon codes for a free download from iTrain. I used them over the summer. Not sure if they still work, but it's worth trying. They are: CW2007 and AH2007 You enter them at checkout.

HTH

you can find reviews of itreads if you hunt around the fitness message boards. I have rundowns on my blog.

go back to last month as I have been concentrating on strength training the last while.

Dear April and Gayle,

I just used the promo code and it worked! I got one free iTrain workout! Thankyou so much for sharing.

Jennifer

Thanks everyone for your input.

I went to itrain website. They only gave me a few choices.

I can choose
Monthly
Yearly
A LaCarte

Under A LaCarte, there is only one for itread. But that title is iTRAIN Tag Team Set22 45Min - iTREAD - Set 22

Is this the right one for me?

Thanks
WantFit

"Become the change you want to see in the world. Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Mahatma Gandhi

On the lower right side of the screen, there is a red arrow by "additional workouts." If you click on this it will open a screen showing all the workouts. You can read pretty detailed descriptions and listen to samples. I used 2 free codes a while back to download workouts, AH2007 & CW 2007. Usually I watch TV while on the treadmill, but these workouts have helped me stay focused on my workout while passing the time pretty quickly.
Hope this helps!
Melissa

Thanks, Melissa.

Could you let me know which one is better, A La Carte one or Monthly?

WantFit

The absolute best deal would be the yearly resolutions pkg as you will get the most work outs for the cheapest cost BUT as someone who has never done one before, I would suggest you use any coupon codes that are still available and/or purchase 1 or 2 (ala carte) to see how you like them. If you find you want more THEN you should consider the monthly or yearly plan.

HTH!:)

All this talk about iTrain. bleh! If I have to hear Grace count "a-wuh-two!" and call me "guys" I shall scream. Coach Sean of Cardio Coach is simply the bomb diggity and way more inspiring than some chick calling me "guys" ;-)

(seriously, iTrain is pretty good but I really do prefer Coach Sean)

Oh, Beavs, if I have to hear Coach Sean say "OH-KAAAAAAAAAY" in that breathy voice one more time, I'll scream. x(

I made my own treadmill workout. I took my nano to the store and tried on dozens of pairs of earphones until I found the most motivating sound I could in an earphone that goes inside my ears and stays there. When I tried on the v-mode vibe earphones, and heard the bass on "We Won't Get Fooled Again" I nearly swooned with joy. The sound was AWESOME. Then I carefully selected a whole bunch of my most motivating songs for my nano. For the slower songs, my incline can go as high as 18, and for faster songs I use an incline as low as 5. I don't want to hear anyone talking to me. Every time I hear those first few notes of "Won't Get Fooled Again" by the Who, my heart rate picks up and I'm all motivation. :D :D

If earphones mean as much to you as they do to me (EVERYTHING!), you've just got to try these:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archives/2006/12/vmoda-vibe-review.php

They simply knocked my socks off, and continue to do so every time I wear them.

ETA: $65 may seem like a lot to pay for earphones, but considering that they actually make me WANT TO GO TO THE GYM (!!), to me they are priceless. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.