Stupid Scale

I am boycotting my scale (isn't hard as I am on vacation right now). I don't plan on stepping back onto it until next week, so I am right there with you, girl!!!

I think you figured it out!

"You can't win them all - but you can try." - Babe Zaharias http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/musik/music-smiley-004.gif[/img]

>Robin,
>
>I never weigh or measure anything about myself. Ignorance is
>bliss.:7

It certainly is. I'm with you! Don't know, don't want to know, don't own a scale...

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

I tried hiding it under my dresser, but it sneaks out almost every other day. I may have to just toss the sucker. Thanks ladies.

Hi,

I know its no consolation, but keep in mind that a lot of crap is quite salty, so you end up picking up some water weight gain after indulging. It's horrifying, isn't it? To me, it's like the equivalent of realizing my husband put my jeans in the dryer for too long. I know in my head that I'm not any bigger overnight, but lets face it, it still hurts :)

cristina

What a great thread! You are all so insightful and witty!! I have a funny story to share. About a month ago, I got out my scale which measures body fat. (Please keep in mind before this I was happy with myself and how my clothes were fitting). But for some reason, I decided to get on that damn scale. Well, day after day, the scale kept going DOWN. I was in heaven...thinking I had lost all of this weight. Well, it turns out...I didn't lose an ounce..the stupid scale was broken...I discovered this when I weighed myself at the gym and I was at my original weight. Boy, the mind games it played with me. I thought I felt thinner...I thought my clothes were looser. I think it was all in my mind. I'm going back to my previous routine..eat clean, exercise daily and staying FAR AWAY from the stupid scale!!:) :) :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.