STS Bodyrockers Week of 3/11

ricklyk1

Cathlete
Hi gals!

LOOK! I'm starting the new thread. EEEEEEEE! :p I always feel so proud when I start a new thread. Wow, I need to get a life, lol! :rolleyes:

I'm going to try to be better about checking in I promise! I've been really busy at work lately and it is cutting into my check-in time (I stare at a computer all day so when I get home from work I refuse to touch a computer). I don't know why they expect me to actually work at work. :D :p

Anyway, last Thursday I did Disc 14 (legs). I rested on Friday and yesterday I did Disc 16 (chest, shoulders, triceps) (I often switch up the order the STS discs). I had a great lifting day yesterday. Felt very strong and loved it!! :)

Wendy: Your new rotation sounds awesome!! I can't wait to hear all about your awesome results. I think we are opposite. I rarely miss a scheduled workout BUT I NEVER EVER miss a rest day. LOL! :D

Bridget: Oh man that breakfast mix sounds delicious! YUM! How did KPC go for you yesterday? Did you enjoy it? I LOVE HiiT workouts. I would start with HiiT 30/30. It's the "easiest" of Cathe's three HiiT workouts. I also find it the easiest to modify if needed.

Wiggie: I adore canadian bacon. I use to make my own breakfast sandwich - wheat english muffin, light cheese, canadian bacon. Sooooo good! Congrats on the weight loss. I find the slower I lose weight, the easier it is to keep it off in the long run. Keep at it! You're doing great! :)

Last edited:
Good Morning Katie and all who follow..

Rest day for me today. Not what I had planned but it's ok.

Katie:: Great work outs!! LOL it's ok to look forward to your rest day! I just happened to have TWO in the same week last week since it was my recovery week. I should have known better! :p

Last edited:
Good morning All!!

Nothing to report as far as workouts, was sick all weekend. Turns out it was a sinus episode causing my exhaustion. I will workout today, feeling a little better but not 100%. Hope everyone had a better weekend than I had!! I did go to a cookout yesterday thrown by my niece. It was her Mom's, my sister's birthday memorial. She died last April.

Have a great day everyone!!

Good morning All!!

Feeling much better this morning!! I will consider last week my recovery week & move on with the rotation. Yesterday I rode the eliptical for 15 minutes, didn't want to over do it.

Wendy, I hope you enjoyed your rest day!!

Great workouts Katie!! HIIT Pyramid is a tough one!!

Have a great day All!!:)

Good Morning.

Today I did Squeeze upper body and waist work (30 min), JM Fast Fix Kickbox #3 (core focus) and part of Yoga Relax (20 min).

Wiggie:: Hope the memorial cook out for your sister brought back happy memories of her for you! Sorry you were sick this past weekend. Sinus issues are no fun. I had a sinus infection ONE TIME in my life and it was AWFUL! :eek:

Happy Tuesday!:cool:

Last edited:
Wiggie:: Glad to hear it! :) I like Squeeze. I have three of her dvd's...Squeeze (original), Lower Body Challenge and Squeeze Stronger. What I did this morning was from Squeeze (original). I prefer the upper body work in Squeeze Stronger but I still felt the burn and change is good! ;)

Hey gang- forgive my absense, had issues with DH this weekend:mad::mad:

Since intermediate swimming kicked my kiester last week, I switched myself into the "fear no more" beginner class last night.

What a stretch! I went from my fear of panic and of running out of breath in the deep end last week, to a class with women who were afraid to put their faces in the water. (is there no happy medium?) But I think I'll stay there- the instructor was patient, and the freestyle arm movement concepts are good- especially with the flotation devices present. Next week, I may even try to do a lap of freestyle in the deep end! (without the floatie:eek:)

Wendy- KPC was great! Doesn't get my HR as high as her others, but boy do I feel it the next day! I even was able to do a few of the pikes at the ab section in the end!
re: Squeeze- I thought you were talking about the 80's band at first!

Wiggie- sorry about your sinus issues- I work in an office full of free Neti pots, would send you one if you need!

Katie- may have to put 30/30 on my download list!

Weigh in tomorrow- I'm usually up with my menses, so I'm not counting on any big numbers even though my diet and exercise have been excellent!

Take care all

Bridget

Morning gals!

Sorry I didn't get a chance to check-in yesterday. I was asked at the last minute to judge a regional FFA (high school) speech competition. I judged the same competition last year; it's a lot of fun! Anyway, it threw my whole day off but luckily I had my workout done (STS M2-Back and Biceps) bright and early!

Today's workout was Cardio SuperSets + Core. Whew, I was not feeling it this morning. :rolleyes: I probably started 3 different core routines before I finally settled in the core section in Turbo Barre. Oh well! :p

Wiggie: Sorry you were sick all weekend. Sinus infections are definitely no fun. Did you enjoy the memorial cookout? That's a wonderful way to honor your sister's memory. :) What fun workouts do you have planned this week?

Bridget: I hope everything is okay with DH!! Nice job getting in a few pikes at the end of KPC. Those are soooo hard! Your swim class sounds wonderful! I sure love swimming!

Wendy: I took two rest days during my last active recovery week too...it was a bit much! One rest day, awesome. Two...not so much! :D :p Are you enjoying your modified rotation?

Good Morning.

I am feeling y'day's work out from my waist to my shoulders today. Good stuff! :D

Today's work out was the ankle weight work from BBL High and Tight and JM FF KB #2 (lower body focus) + 150 bicycle crunches. Ran out of time for a longer stretch but it was still a good work out. :)

I didn't get enough sleep last night so today will be a long day no doubt. :(

Bridget:: I am seriously considering swimming lessons thanks to you! :) Now you have me wondering if I should sign up for beginner or intermediate though...things that make ya go hmmm! :p

Katie:: Nice work out! Love the inability to settle on a core routine. I see so much of myself in you! :p OMG, I am all over the place since my recovery ended. At first I was going to do the rotation as written only subbing in barre type routines for the upper/lower body weight work. Then I went and changed the entire routine completely and now I am back to modifying the original rotation but in addition to the barre work I will also throw in some BR/ZWOW where I deem appropriate! ;)

BBL!:cool:

Last edited:
Hello All!!

Well I was able to do a real workout yesterday!! I decided to do afterburn the 1 – 10 premix.& 100 bicycles. Or maybe I should say 50. I counted each leg as a rep. I find that one to be easier than the rest. I had my weigh in this morning & lost 3 pounds.

Thank you for your concern, Bridget. I had to google neti pot I’ve never heard of it? Do they work? Sounds like you are going to love swimming!! I have modesty issues, I will not wear a swimsuit without a sarong!!:eek: Good job on the pikes, I’ve never had the nerve to try them.

Wow Katie!! You served as a judge, maybe that’s a premonition?:D Thanks for the well wishes, I hear you on the indecision on what workout to do, I’ve done that countless times!! I’m still suffering from rotation A.D.D., I have no idea what I will do this evening!!

Wow Wendy!! I thought I had a lot of dvds!!:p So, is BBL any good? I guess if I would stick to one rotation long enough I would know what really works!! I have done the LIS series pretty religiously,(for me) & I have noticed a difference in my thighs. At last measurement I lost another inch. Great workouts by the way!!

Do any of you know what exercises most target the area where the hamstring meets the glute?

Have a great day guys!! :)

Last edited:
Wiggie:: I did a slightly modified BBL rotation a couple years back and definitley saw results through out my thighs, hips, butt and waist! So to answer your question...yes, BBL is good stuff-for ME anyway! It's all light weight/high rep, bands, ankle weights, etc. No heavy lifting so if going heavy is what you need to lean out then it won't work for you. Hey-I know you were playin' with doing TurboBarre 3x per week to see what happened! Did you stick with it long enough to get a fair idea??

Yes Wendy, I have been doing it about once or twice a week, except for last week. I'm glad you mentioned that!! I will definitely up that to 3, starting next week.

Good morning All!!

Wednesday's workout was Step & Intervals from CTX & the tricep section for the weight work. Lots of fun, but then I love step!!

Gotta run, hopefully I'll BBL!!:)

Good Morning.

Today was Afterburn express single intervals 1-10 premix + Yoga Relax starting with triangle pose standing stretches and going to end (about 25 minutes). Good stuff! :)

Great work out, Wiggie! I was just thinking about CTX this morning! I love that k/b work out! :D

Good morning!

Today's workout was STS Disc 17 (legs) + the extended stretch. I actually did the WHOLE stretch this time! It was nice to finally see how it ended, lol! :p ;)

Is anyone else interested in March Madness? My beloved UK Wildcats play tonight. So excited! Kentucky actually has four teams in the tournament, so we are thrilled. Candidly i'm not a huge basketball fan (whispering because if anyone in Ky heard that I might get stoned), but I enjoy the tournament.

Wendy: Nice workout!! Afterburn is sooo tough. I'm not a huge yoga fun but Yoga Relax is growning on me. :) Were you able to catch up on a little sleep last night? I was really tired all day yesterday too.

Wiggie: Fun! I don't have CTX....is it worth the money? I do love step and kickboxing, a LOT! :) On the forums I once saw someone refer to the area where the thighs meet the butt as "thuts". I made the mistake of telling DH that; now he thinks it is hilarious! :rolleyes: Anyway, there is one move Cathe does in Meso 1 legs (I think) that hits the "thuts". I think it is called low pulse lunges. It where you are in a low lunge holding one weight. You start with the weight close to your toes and then you lift up slightly (about to the knee - you never come all the way up) and then go back down. I just remember Cathe saying it hits the area where the thigh meets the glute.

Waves to Bridget!

Katie:: I just had to pick myself up off the floor because after reading that you COMPLETED the extended stretch I fainted! :D:p:D Sorry, not a sports fan here in general. I am ok with hockey since going to a game last season and am curious to see a nascar race live since taking my DH to drive one of the cars out at the Pocono raceway some years ago but other then that sports are :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: to me. LOL Cathe's Yogas are not hardcore practices so for a non-yogi they are great place to start (and maybe end if you like them but wish to go no further)! I have several yoga dvds. I enjoy it but it's hard for me to wrap my head around making time for it. Hopefully I will be motivated to break out some of my other yoga vids soon now that I've been doing Cathe's...

Bridget:: I sent you a PM y'day so check it if you haven't already! :)

Checking in on a strange morning- was going to do rhythmic step, but there was a water break in our neighborhood last night, and we had no water- what was coming out of the tap this morning was kind of sedimenty- not drinkable, not willing to shower with it. I still did Butts & Guts stability ball abs this morning tho- I love feeling strong in my midsection!

I called water company from work- should be better when I get home

WW check in yesterday- lost 0.2- not too much, I usually don't lose big when my menstrual cycle is visiting- lets see what next week brings!

Wiggie- I am a nurs practitioner in a walk-in clinic- I see all kinds of upper respiratory and sinus issues- the Neti Pot- or my preference- the Sinus Rinse (made by the same company) is a drug free management for sinus issues- sinusitis, allergies made by Neil-Med. I get samples here and give them to patients. Really helps!

Katie - Thuts?? LOL!

Wendy- PM'd you back! I would refer to myself as "advanced beginner" because I'm not afraid to put my head in the water, or to blow bubbles in the water, but need the confidence to do a lap into the deep end. I'm glad I'm in the beginner class- the intermediates were breast-stroking laps and I'm not there yet!

Check back with you guys tomorrow!

Bridget

Good morning All!!

My workout for Thursday was Power Circuit from CTX. It’s a very thorough workout. It has low impact, high impact, step, kickbox, weighted leg & back work, planks & ab work. All that in an hour.

Katie, I bought CTX during the presale & got 30% off of the 59.99 sale price, so it was definitely well worth the money. I had all of CTX on separate vhs tapes, except for kickbox & leaner legs. I’ve always wanted the dvd but thought it was too expensive. Thuts!! I love that!! It figures that those low pulse lunges are good for them. I don’t dislike a lot of exercises, but that’s one of them!! :p & good job completing that stretch!! :D

Thanks Bridget!! I am going to look for that Sinus Rinse. I hate taking pills!! I hope that your water situation has cleared up!!

Wendy, what workout did you decide on this morning!!

Make it a great one All!! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.