STS Body Rockers - Week of May 27th:)

itsup2me

Cathlete
Hi there ladies,

Just getting us started, I've been a slacker this weekend with exercise, but getting back on it today:)

Hope you all are having a very nice long holiday weekend!

Kris

Hi there - I'm back after doing Disc 25 :) I love to work my back, love those exercises!

My weekend exercise plans hit the skids because our neighbors decided to have a party - actually they decided to have their entire family (and some friends) camp (in campers mostly) in their back yard - all weekend. No problems with the party plan really, but they carry it very far - booming music where our house is vibrating, yelling, etc... until almost 3 a.m. both Friday and Saturday nights... And our back yard connects to theirs. (We call them our "neighbors in the back yard" - the house wasn't there when we built, and when they built, they planted their house as close to ours as was possible for some reason - so they are right there). So, I spent Saturday and especially Sunday exhausted, because I slept about 3 hours each night due to all the noise. Last night, they must have been burned out (thank goodness - I don't think I could have gone another night with 3 hours and not go completely ballistic), because all was pretty quiet last night - so I got a normal night's sleep. Feeling all good now.

The rest of the story for our weekend - Saturday, our foster dog went to the vet and got a clean bill of health, then we met with a dog trainer to get some tips/ideas for how best to handle a few different little issues our dogs are having. My parents live about 30 miles from me and they have a 10 year old female bassett, Daisy. Daisy does well with my pointer, but she's very dominant and didn't care for Cooper (our foster dog). And in a few weeks, my parents are going out of town with my brother and so he has asked us to take his 15 year old dog in during those 5 days while they are gone as well - all well and good, except Daisy doesn't care for his dog either. So I figured I better get a plan in place to manage those 4 dogs during that time:) Anyway, we worked with the trainer again today - reintroduced Daisy and Cooper and it went pretty well - and that was even at her own house, so I'm hopeful we'll all do ok.

This afternoon, we're celebrating my mother in law's birthday at my sister in law's house.

Sorry for the long post/rant :eek:- hope you all had a really great holiday weekend!

Kris

Hello! Hope everyone had a good weekend! I know I sure did! :)

Saturday was a rest day but Sunday I ran for 30 minutes on the TM at the hotel and y'day after we got home I did STS D1 (CSB). Today is a toss up between going to the gym for lower body weights and a short run or staying home and doing AB.

That's all for now but I'll be back when my work out is done to catch up!:cool:

ETA:: Ended up working legs and abs at the gym and then came home and did 4ds kickbox cardio only with weighted gloves on. Off to shower and eat. BBIAB with personals! :)

Last edited:
Hi gals!

Sorry i've been slacking with my check-ins. I had a fun, busy weekend and tried to stay outside as much as possible (despite the heat). I cleaned like crazy this weekend (house, yard, car) and am now preparing for the adoption yard sale we are having this weekend. Fun stuff!

I did keep up with my workouts (somehow).

Saturday - GS: Legs Timesaver Premix + 1/2 Afterburn
Sunday - GS: C/TSuperset Premix + GS: B/B/S Timesaver Premix + core
Monday - MMA: Fusion (not my fav but nice to do every once in awhile)
Today - GS: Triceps & Biceps + Shoulder Superset + Dropset Pushups

Kris: Nice job with Disc 25!! Wow, you are a MUCH nicer person than me. I would have been calling in a noise complaint immediately! It must be my red-head temper. :D :eek: I'm so happy things are working out well with your foster dog! How did the birthday celebration go?

Wendy: I was going to suggest you work your legs at the gym. ;) Great minds think alike! :) I have yet to do a KB workout with weighted gloves. I always start with weighted gloves and then take them off after a few minutes. The extra weights messes with the timing of my punches. I'm such a baby, lol!

Katie:: Wow! Great minds really MUST think alike because not only were you going to tell me to work legs at the gym (which I did), but I seriously considered using 1/2 of AB as my cardio afterwards (which YOU did on saturday after working legs with GS!)!!!!! I chickened out :eek: but you go girl! Great job!:D LOL re the weighted gloves. You'll do it some day...I mean if I got you to try (and LIKE) Bob's YFTW then ANYTHING is possible, right!? ;):)

Kris:: OMG I would've been LIVID if my neighbors were so horribly inconsiderate! So sorry that happened to you!!!:( I know we have issues here and there with unacceptable noise levels too late at night. Most are your usual kids in loud cars with even louder stereos parked on our street just blasting the radio late at night but the worst is something our TOWN is responsible for and I can NOT believe they are so stupid as to do this-they put on a fireworks show every week from July 4th on thru the end of August. It's a very nice gesture but it's held weekly on a Monday night and doesn't start until 9-9:30 at night and it's LOUD! My DH and I are usually going to bed around that time during the week and have been kept awake many times by the booming and banging of the fireworks that don't end until10-10:30!!! On a fri or sat night-MAYBE-but even there are folks who have to get up for work the next morning...but on a Monday night!? I think it's ridiculous!!! Ok, rant over. See what you started? :p I hope the dogs do okay together when you have them all. Can you separate them if need be??

Hi there ladies!

I did Disc 26 (Plyo Legs :eek: ) today, why would I have put a note on my notes that it was a tough one? lol - I was dreading it - I think the last time was my first time through STS and I started out trying the down/up jumps with 4 risers under the step and it went downhill from there, I remember after that, Cathe saying that it starts out easy (right after the down/up jumps) and I almost hung it up there... This time it wasn't as bad - I used 2 risers on that one. :eek:

Thanks for the understanding of my noise rant. I think I need to have a plan for when they do it again, this isn't the first time, I'm thinking I need to have some type of noise machine (white noise? not sure how loud I'd need) to drown them out at least a little.

Katie - I love the red-head temper! The birthday celebration was good - I ate too much of course, but it was good:) My mother in law is the sweetest lady. Great, great workouts this weekend! wow, I'm impressed with what you got done - cleaning so much, plus prepping for your yard sale and all the working out! Wow! Can't wait to hear more about the adoption yard sale - hope it goes great, wish I could help you!

Wendy - oh my gosh, those fireworks would make me crazy - you wonder especially why on a Monday night! Great job getting exercise in when you were away - I always have good intentions but they fade when I get there:eek: Great job with STS and your workout today too - 4DS KB is one of my faves (I try to use gloves :eek:) and great jobi on your gym workout too:)

Hi Bridget and Wiggie!

Have a great night! Talk to you all tomorrow:)

Kris

My bike is here, my bike is here!
What a weekend we had!

Saturday I ran a 5K in the morning- 36minutes- 2 min better than my first race
Riding has been fun! I went with my 10yr old daughter to some cool locations in town - we can ride to the beach from our house!

Went for a ride with my spinning instructor Monday morning, which was nice, but yesterday morning went out with some spinning friends from the Y and they wanted to do the hills (ugh!) I nearly killed myself getting up the first time, then they wanted to do it again and again! I had to walk it up the second time.

The icing on the cake was last night's fun run! There is a local bar/restaurant that has a weekly fun run in the summer- we run a 5K, get a popsicle stick with our place (I came in 37th) given out time (33 minutes!!) and with the stick, we get a beer, wine or soft drink.

Spinning class this morning seems almost ordinary- but still fun! Heart's "Crazy on you" will be on my mind all day!

Will check back later for personals!

Have a great day all!
Bridget

Hello All!! :)

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!! We took an extra day so this is my first day back at work.:(

My workouts were as follows;
Friday/HIIT 25
Saturday/Body Rev wk 10 & 11
Sunday/walked 20 min
Monday/Travel Fit
Tuesday/4DS Bootcamp & HIIT 15 that evening

More tomorrow, “see” you later!!

Last edited:
Bridget, congrats on doing so well with your races!! & also on getting your bike!! I would love to live that close to the beach, thats where we normally go on vacation. Glad you enjoyed your very athlete inspired weekend!! :D

Kris, I'm gonna have to agree with Katie & I don't have red hair!! I wouldn't have called until it kept me from sleeping though, as long as I'm up anyway it's ok. Glad you had fun at the party, & good job on your workouts!! I don't always use the amount of risers that Cathe uses.

Katie, I've been slack about checking in also, we will have to do better!! Sorry you missed the memo on AT!! ;) You sure did pack alot of activity into your weekend, way to go!! :D

Wendy, glad you had a great weekend!!

Last edited:
Hi there ladies!

I did Slide and Glide this a.m. - my hamstrings were a little tender from yesterdays Plyo Legs, but overall felt good:)

Welcome back Bridget and Wiggie! You guys have gotten some great workouts in!

I'll be back later for personals!

Kris

Hello Ladies.

Late check in for me...

This morning I did the single intervals 1-10 premix of AfterBurn followed by 50 minutes of Yoga X (30 mins of yoga + 20 mins of stretching). I wanted to run today but my knees being wonky so I opted out until it starts behaving better. I think the yoga may have helped a bit...

Gotta go but I'll have time for personals tmrw!:cool:

Good morning everyone! I finished TRX class this morning, not spinning tomorrow, marathon training has begun, and I must run...

Katie- is the yard sale to get rid of the clutter to make room for the adopted little one, raise $$ for the adoption or both? Kids seem to come with lots of accessories, so making space isn't a bad idea.

Kris- ugh, nice neighbors huh? Sorry they put a damper on your weekend. I know if that were to happen in my neighborhood, the police would be there after 11am. Sounds like the dogs did well over your weekend though!

Wendy- Legs AND abs AND kb WITH gloves! Awesome workout!

Wiggie- love the workout schedule, a little something every day, a nice balance.

Have a great day all!

Bridget

Hello Ladies. :)

The AfterBurn Premix gave me mad azz fire today just as expected :) but heavy legs at the gym the day before gave me squat in the DOMS dept. BOOH! :(

This morning's work out was 30 mins of intervals on the EXT (low resistance with fast speed alternated with high resistance/slower speed/pedaling in reverse) and abs at the gym (knee still wonky so no TM again :() and then home for 40 minutes of Yoga X that I didn't do y'day (all yoga this time)...

BBIAB for personals!:cool:

Hi ladies!

Things have been crazy busy lately! Today's DH's birthday and i've been planning a surprise celebration for him tonight at the local baseball stadium (we have a minor league team in the town where we work). I'm taking him to dinner beforehand and then we are meeting a bunch of his friends for the game. I think he'll be surprised and (hopefully) have fun. I'm also trying to get everything together for Saturday's yesterday. We've had a bunch of stuff donated which is fantastic but it takes soooo much time to pick up the stuff and then sort/clean it all. Hopefully things will slow down a bit soon.

I've been keeping up with my workouts. Yesteray I did BM2: Timesaver Premix + Abs - that workouts kicks my butt every.single.time. Today I did High Step Challenge - LOVE that one!!

Wendy: Nice workouts! There's something about Afterburn that gives me insane LB DOMS too. :cool: Enjoy those DOMS. :D ;) :p All this talk of Yoga X has me wanting to do Bob's YFTW again...I might do that tomorrow! :)

Bridget: Yay for marathon training (right? lol) and the 5K! I'm so excited for you! I ran hill sprints last week at the YMCA and it about killed me (I only did it 6 times, okay 5 times :D). The yard sale is primarily to raise money to help with the adoption costs. We don't expect to make a lot, but if we make even $50 that $50 we didn't have. :)

Wiggie: Going back to work have a long weekend stinks. :mad: :p You got in some awesome workouts after the long holiday. Way to go!!! Okay, from here on out, we'll be better about checking in. Deal? ;)

Kris: Can I tell you a secret? I LOVE love love plyo legs! :D :eek: I know i'm crazy, lol! The workouts do definitely get easier (but never easy) with time. It just shows how far you've come since the first time you did STS, woohoo! I haven't done S&G in forever! I might need to give that one another shot...

Good morning All!!

Wednesday's workout was 15 minutes of LISLIC, wasn't feeling it, so I switched to Fire 45 EZ.

Katie, I didn't workout Thursday because we are having a yard sale Saturday also & I hadn't finished getting my stuff together. It's 4 of us participating, we are having it at my aunt's house. We are just making space in our houses, yours is for a much greater cause. I hope you're verrry successful. How was you DH's party? Wish him a happy birthday for me. & we have a deal on more frequent check ins.

Have a great weekend All!!

Good Morning. :)

I just finished one of my new yoga work outs called YOGA WORKS: BODY SLIM. It's 50 minutes long, different from anything else I have and I LOVED it! :D

Planning on hitting the gym with DH later for some cardio.

STS D2 is on tap for this weekend at some point.

Wiggie:: Oh nothin' worse then tryin' to do a work out that you are just NOT in the mood for huh? Good for you not forcing it and switched up to something you could enjoy!

Katie:: So how'd DH's surprise go? Sounded awesome! I'm sure he loved it!:) So you gonna do YFTW today? ;) Good luck with the yard sale! I hope you sell TONS of stuff and make LOTS of money! :D

Bridget:: Wow, you are such an inspiration! Training for a marathon already! You rock! :D TY re my work outs...I have the time right now so I'm trying to take full advantage yet not OVER-do it! It's definitely a delicate balance... :)

Kris:: I adore Slide n Glide cardio! :) I conquer on Plyo Legs--it's TOUGH!:eek:

BBL!:cool:

Hi there ladies!

Yesterday was Disc 27 (biceps, triceps and shoulders) - I thought I'd have some tri DOMs, but don't guess I do:) Thanks for the support on the issue with the neighbors last weekend, I'm hoping that it's not a repeating thing - we live in a relatively rural area, but a few houses kind of near each other, no nearby police (there isn't even a store or gas station in our little town - only a post office, a school, a church and a fire station). Anyway, hopefully they don't do it again.

Wiggie - I've done that same thing with workouts - kind of 15-20 minutes in, just not feeling it - great job moving to something else! Fire 45 sounds like a goodie:)

Katie - hope your husband's birthday party was fun! Great job on BM2 Premix (I don't think I've done that one - sounds like I should be scared of it :eek: ), great job too on HSC! Good luck on the yard sale, hope it goes great!

Wendy - Great workouts! And yay for azz doms, bummer on the leg doms:)

Bridget - sounds like you had a fantastic weekend! Wow, you did alot! Great job on all of that activity! You're kicking butt!

Hope you all have a great Friday! I'll be back afterwhile, I have LIC on the agenda today (still doing Cathe's transformation rotation with LIS and STS).

Kris

Hi again:). LIC done, each time through I get more of it down at least- maybe by the end of this rotation I'll get it all down! LOL:)

Hi Wendy - think we were posting at the same time this a.m. - Yoga Works - Body Slim sounds great! Way to go, hope the gym was good too!

Have a great evening ladies,

Kris

Last edited:
I was supposed to do a 4mi run this morning, but it was pouring outside. If I was a die hard, I would have run anyway. Instead I did Intensity- I haven't done a Cathe workout in months, and wondered how I would do.
I wish I could tell you all I breezed through it without any modifying, water & towel breaks and without using the pause button. Well.....

It really is a sin that it has been gorgeous outside all week, and it is suckie weather for the weekend.

Wendy- I'm doing a HALF marathon- and even that will be a challenge!

Kris- too bad no tri DOMS, maybe next time!!

Katie- Hill sprints are killer! I'm sure you enjoyed dh's birthday, sounds like fun!

Wiggie- another yard sale? you all are making me rethink my possessions in my home, I'm sure there is stuff we can sell.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Bridget

Happy Saturday morning everyone!

Just got done with CSS, really felt strong today - wish I felt that good every workout :eek:

Hi Bridget - bummer on the rain on the weekend:( No rain here, but supposed to be 110 or so again, so not much outdoor activity here either after about 7 a.m. Great job doing Intensity!

Hi Wiggie, Katie and Wendy!

Hope you all have a great day, talk to you later!

Kris

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.