STS Body Rockers week of March 18th

Zbridget

Cathlete
New week body rockers!

I took a rest day today, frankly I was relieved that I was still in motion after BM2 yesterday- just a dull healthy ache in my muscles today. We went to a St. Patrick's day party yesterday, I didn't drink too much- made a CB&C strudel with the leftovers courtesy of WW.

Monday tomorrow, we'll see what's on deck for tomorrow- waiting for my workout capris to dry...

((((Wendy))))- I am so sorry about your job- I remember you posting weeks ago about stressors there, so I am hoping that this is a good thing you are moving on, making room for better things in your future! Did you still go out with dh? Did you have an extra glass of wine??

Wiggie & Katie- enablers!! enablers!!

Check in with you guys tomorrow

Bridget

Good Morning.:)

Y'day I did a mish mosh that went like this:

Squeeze Stronger (what I skipped y'day + w/u): Deadlift warm up, pretzel clam combo, ab medley, back dancing.
High Reps: Band work for upper body, Disc work for lower body, calf raises.
Athletic Training: Warm up + cardio segment on step.
Low Impact Challenge: Blast and stretch.

All in all it took about 90 minutes to complete. Nice variety and touched on everything.:)

Bridget:: Nice job with BM2 the other day as well as the DOMS that you got from it! ;) Glad you had fun at the party and that the streudel was yummy. Who won the contest? Yeup-we still went out to dinner and I didn't have an extra glass of wine. In fact, I didn't drink any wine at all!...I had 3 captain n cokes instead! :p Yes that is exactly the way that we are looking at my job loss-a new beginning. An opportunity for me to find a job I enjoy. I am even going to look into what type of "certificate" programs are out there. I will never go back to college but I think I could hack 9 months to learn a new skill. Just have to do some research and see what's offered and if there is even a call for it in today's market. Wish me luck! :) In the mean time, my house will be spotless, dinner will be able to be cooked every night and I'll have lots of time to exercise! LOL

That's all for now.

BBL!:cool:

Good morning All!!

Friday’s workout was ½ of 10-10-10 & ½ of CTX kickbox, was having one of my “can’t make up my mind days”. Saturday I did 10-10-10 (all of it) that am & Turbo Barre that evening. Sunday after church I visited a former co-worker & friend that has breast CA & isn’t doing well. I also stopped by the hospital & visited an older lady who goes to my church. When I got home I did Fire 55 EZ.

Wendy, sorry to hear about your job, but love your attitude about it!! I know you’ll be successful at whatever you decide to do next. I wish you luck, but I’m sure you won’t need it!! Happy Anniversary!! So how many years have you been married?

Bridget, can you tell I love CTX!! :D You guys got a great deal!! I promise you will be so happy with your purchase!! Rythmic Step!! I need to pull that one out, so fun!! I got the sinus rinse from walmart for 9.99 & I felt a difference after the first usage, thanks for the tip! Hope you had a good time at the party, what is a CB&C strudel!!

Katie, sorry I made you buy CTX, sike!!:p I know you’ll love it as much as I do!

Have a great day All!! :D

Hello again.

My work out this morning was 40 minutes of cardio kicks and 30 minutes of Baron's Long and Lean Yoga.

I've been doing laundry and making appts and attempting to file for my unemployment which ofcourse is a problem :rolleyes: so now I am waiting for a phone call back to fix it. I am also waiting for a call back from my son's aftercare program so that I can tell them that he won't be attending for a while. No need if I will be home. I got up at 6 and have kept fairly busy with short spurts of "down time" here and there but not much. If I can stay disciplined I know I will have more "work" to do around here then I've ever had at my actual job! :confused: Sad, huh? :( Now you know a big part of why I was unhappy there and why I view this job loss as a blessing. :)

Wiggie:: Wow awesome work outs this weekend! So are you enjoying CTX so far? I see you did Turbo Barre!!! I need to work that into my schedule again soon. Now that I have more time I am toying with doing either an STS or a P90X rotation but I really want to see what kind of results I get with the barre-style work outs I am currently doing so I think I will stick with it for a month and then decide what to do. If am still home maybe I will start STS or the X at that point. Sorry to hear about your sick friend. So sad. :( Ty for the anniversary wishes btw! I've been married for 9 years. Not very long in the scheme of things but I consider it an accomplishment! LOL

BBL!

Morning gals!

Today's workout was M2: Back and Biceps (I can't remember the disc number, LOL) and yesterday's workout was GSL: timesaver premix. My poor body is aching! My tris/chest hurt from STS on Saturday, my legs hurt from GSL and my back/biceps are already sore from this morning. I feel like one big DOMS. :rolleyes: :p

Wendy: oh doll i'm so sorry to hear about your job situation but your attitude is absolutely commendable! Maybe it was the universe giving you a nudge to find a job at which you will be happier. :) We spend so much of our lives at work it is not worth it if you are miserable. I'm sending lots of HUGS your way! Wow, I think it is very impressive you've been married 9 years! I've (almost) been married 5 years....some days it feels like forever. :p P.S. Captain n coke is one of my FAV drinks! :D :D :D

Wiggie: Excellent worksouts! Seeing how much you love CTX has me even MORE excited to get my DVDs. Cathe.com ships so quick i'm hoping they arrive today or tomorrow. :eek: I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I'm sending up prayers for her!

Bridget: Sounds like the St. Patty's party was a success. ;) :p I don't celebrate this year which, honestly, was kind of disappointing considering i'm a red-head, LOL! BM2 is soooo tough it always takes me a few days to recover. Have you new DVDs arrived yet?!?!? I'm so excited!

Hey Gang!

I just got back from swimming lessons- the other 2 women in my class didn't show, so it was only me and my instructor- boy did I luck out. I went from panicking in the deep end to doing a whole lap, and by the end of class, I did 2 consecutive laps! Next week I will do even more, I feel like I accomplished something big, I'll sleep like a baby tonight.

Wendy-ah, welcome to the world of "unenjoyment" as DH called it when he was collecting last year. I'm sure you'll make good use of your time off- working out all the time, keeping a pristine house, baking pies every day...

Wiggie- glad the Sinus Rinse worked for you- I should get a kickback from the company for as many of them that I have recommended. The strudel is a WW recipe, only I use leftover potatoes, cabbage & carrots, add 1/4lb of lean corned beef from the deli (DH killed all the corned beef from my pot- had to buy more) and you heat it up and roll it up in phylo dough and bake it. DH loves it! one serving is 7 points plus, and very filling. I have to lay off the corned beef though- it is salty, and I don't need extra salt before my weigh in on Wednesday.

Katie- when CTX arrives, which are you going to do first?

off to bed, good night Cathletes!

Bridget

Morning!

Today I tried out my new Susan Chung RapidFire Results workout. LOVED IT!! It was so much fun. Of course Susan is no Cathe but the workout was worth every single penny. Highly recommend! :)

Bridget: Wow, you progressed so fast with your swimming! That's fantastic!! I'm definitely going to do Kickboxing first, but that's because I love kickboxing so much. I'm so excited to get the set! I've been in a little bit of a rut lately and am hoping a few new DVDs will kick my body into high gear. ;) Which one are you going to do?

BBL! :)

Good Afternoon.

Loving the fact that my days fly by now instead of feeling like I am staring at the clock all day. :rolleyes:

This morning's work out was Sllim Series: Firm It Up + STS Extended Stretch. Good stuff. That particular SS work out was never a fave of mine. I would use the series but put another work out in it's place if I wanted lower body only. Well, IDK why but it kicked my tush this morning! :eek: It was fantastic! I hope it lasts coz now I want to do it again! ;)

Called the unemployment office for help this morning. Over a 3 hour wait for a call back :mad:...Yep...I am still waiting. :rolleyes:

Bridget:: You sure did luck out having the swim instructor all to yourself! Great work! :) You are correct on points 1 and 2 of being unemployed. Number 3...not so much! :p I will cook more but baking? Um, no coz I don't want to eat it! :eek:

Katie:: I have that Susan Chung work out and don't care for it. :eek: I assure you I am the oddball here though. From what I've heard, most people are fans of it. I'm just wierd I guess. :p Nice work outs! You SHOULD be sore!:D

Hello All!!

Monday’s workout was More Cardio Strength by Michelle Dozois, the one I just purchased. So far I like the first one better. Thanks for the prayers for my friend.

Wendy, I think 9 years is quite an accomplishment, I’ve only been married 3.5 years. If you decide to do P90X let me know. I’ll try to do it with you, at least for a little while!! :eek: I’ve heard that dealing with unemployment is no easy task!! :(

Bridget, I agree that you should get a kick back, you’re a great sales person. Wow!! Lucky you getting a private swimming lesson, sounds like you are her or his best student!!

Katie, hows your DOMS? I have a workout by Susan Chung, I know of two & I have the older one.

Talk to you guys tomorrow!! :D

Good Morning.

Today was going to be a rest/yoga/stretch day but I couldn't resist the call of a good sweat so I did HST cardio and upper body premix. I was done with it before 8:30am! Impressed with myself! ;)

I didn't add on an extra stretch because I wanted to be on the horn with the unemployment office the minute it opened to get my issues straightened out so I could file. Even STS Ext. Stretch would have run over the time I had so I opted out of it for today and actually feel a bit guilty for skipping! :eek: Who'd a thunk it!? :p Finally got my claim filed though so I feel better now. Phew!

My shoulder was hurting during certain exercises. I think I need to rest it for a few days or so. I will take out shoulder work and maybe avoid push ups too until it feels better.

In addition to my shoulder, I think working out maybe have been the wrong choice. :( I am used to one rest day per week and I could feel it during this work out. The cardio had me more winded then I think it should have. Lesson learned. :eek: Tmrw is a rest/stretch/yoga day no matter what!!!!!:rolleyes:

Wiggie:: Nice w/o y'day. What's on tap for today? So dod you like the Susan Chung w/o that you have?? Being married AT ALL is pretty much an accomplishment these days! :p LOL

Good morning!! I had some bad news this am, my friend died this morning. I know she has children older than me, but I don't know her exact age. Kinda weird that I never asked.

My workout Tuesday was Athletic training. I might make today a rest day.

Wendy, did you see the article in the blog stressing the importance of taking a rest day? I very seldom take a scheduled rest day, but when I do, I fell an extra surge of energy during the next workout. I need to remember that. I didn't go to my WW meeting today. According to my scale I lost 0.4. I don't do Susan Chung often, but I liked it. It's called Rapidfire kickbox & core.

BBL or tomorrow!

4DS kickboxing only this morning due to time restraints. LOVE 4DS- if CTX doesn't arrive today- may do the weight portion tomorrow morning.

WW- UP 1.2 today- grr. I'm blaming it on salt from the corned beef stuff- not too worried, just keep swimming...

Wiggie- so sorry about your friend, that hits close to home when it is someone your age or close. Keeping them in my prayers.

Wendy- DH would always call the unenjoyment office to file weekly after midnight on Saturday night- it was quicker getting in. I'm thinking you just need to get established first. Rest days are always a good thing-go for it.

Katie- I looked at that Susan Chung workout- of course it is a kickboxing/martial arts one! Going with that martial arts theme!

Check in with you all later

Bridget

Hello again ladies. :)

Just relaxing with a cup of java and wasting a bit of time before starting dinner. It's not going to take very long I don't think so I don't want to start it quite yet. This is what I'm making-sounds fantastic!

Cider-Glazed Chicken with Browned Butter-Pecan Rice Recipe | MyRecipes.com

Wiggie:: I am so sorry to hear about your friend. :( Yes, I know first hand how important rest days are b/c I believe not taking one is what got me sick with my first sinus infection a few years ago. It was awful awful awful! You would think I would have learned :eek: and for the most part I have but the temptation to work out every day is soooo strong now that I do not have a job to go to and know I can do any work out I want and not have to worry about time constraints! I will rest tmrw though for sure!!! Stretching or yoga only. I promise! :) Good job with the weight loss. My scale has been going down little by little too. I find I am not as hungry since I have been home because I am not bored to tears and always thinking about eating like I was at my job! :rolleyes: It's a wonder I was even able to lose weight at all going to that place every day!!! :confused: I will have to try Rapid Fire KB and Core again. I didn't like it initially but who knows...maybe I will like it better now...

Bridget:: 4DS kb is one of my fave Cathe kb work outs! I enjoy the heavy leg work in that one too. Been thinking about that leg routine alot lately but it doesn't exactly fit into a barre style rotation! :rolleyes::p I could, ofcourse, just toss it in to mix things up at some point. Change is good right? Shock the muscles! :D When I called unemployment at exactly 8:30 this morning I got through with no problem. Now that I've finally filed I shouldn't have much of a problem with the follow ups every 2 weeks on the computer. Sorry the scale is up. My weight had been up alot too in the few weeks prior to losing my job but as I said to Wiggie it's going down now that I have been home. I am sure yours is only temporary and will be gone at your next weigh in. :) Stinks to see the # go up at all though regardless, I know.

K, off I go...
BBITAM!:cool:

Last edited:
Good Morning.:)

Bob Harper's Yoga for Warriors is DONE! WOW! First time doing this one and I absolutely loved it!!!:D

Changed my weigh in day from Friday to Thursday for WW. Weighed myself this morning and was pleasantly surprised to finally be back down to my goal weight! :) Over the past couple of weeks my weight has been up a couple pounds more then down and it was upsetting to me. Nothing I did seemed to help lower it for more then a day. :confused: Well now I know what would have helped! LOSING MY JOB! LMAO! Seriously! My weight has gone down steadily since the weekend! YAY! :D

BBL!

Hi ladies!

Yesterday's workout was Low Impact Challenge and today's workout was Disc 20 (legs). :)

Wendy: YAY on the weight loss! Maybe no longer having the stress from the-place-that-shall-not-be-named helped jump start your weight loss again. ;) How did the cider glazed chicken turn out? I checked out the recipe and it sounds delicious!! What was Bob Harper's Yoga workout like? Was it similar to Cathe's yoga (do a move, hold it, stop, do the next move, hold it, stop) or did it flow from one move to the next? Man, i'm just full of questions today, lol!

Wiggie: I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend's family. Nice job with Athletic Training. Such a toughie! DOMS are better. :) Actually, I STILL have DOMS in my calves from Gym Style Legs on SUNDAY! That's crazy! :p

Bridget: 4DS KB is one of my favorite workouts too! I think I might try to squeeze it on this weekend now. How's the swimming going? Ignore that stupid ole' scale. As Kiki keeps telling me, the SCALE IS A LIAR! :p

I have a confession to make to you all. I didn't work out this morning. It is harder for me to motivate getting up to do a workout in my living room than go to a spinning class- I miss my spinning, and am longing for my instructor to return to the country. There is something wrong with me.

However, I am enjoying the dull ache in my obliques from the kickbox workout- will need to do the CTX version soon!

Wendy- we're big Bob Harper fans in my house- have to watch The Biggest Loser- while my dd eats chocolate ice cream on Tuesday nights. Loving the gourmet meals at home, I can smell it from here...

Katie- I have a church function this monday night, may have to miss swimming, but maybe can make it up later. this weekend is going to be insane.

Hi Wiggie!

Bridget

Good Afternoon!

Katie:: The chicken was good but could have been much better if the cider glaze were stronger. It had a nice flavor but DH and I agreed that it was too weak. The rice however was outstanding! :D Bob's yoga was a mix of hold and flow depending on the move. Some moves he started as a hold but turned it into more of a flow as they were repeated. I like both styles. To me the hold is where you build your strength and stamina for yoga. The flowing moves are much easier IMO unless they are moving at a pace that I find hard to keep up with...then it turns from graceful to jerky and from yoga to cardio for me! :p He also put a few true body weight strength moves in like push ups, shoulder stands (I think that's what they are called), ab crunches, and maybe a couple other things I can't recall. The work out took a lot of strength and stamina and I was sweating like a beast! I felt truly worked when it was over. Similarly to YogaX (if you've ever done it), he does more classic stretching at the end to truly relax you before it's over. Did I mention how much I LOVED it!? ;)

Bridget:: I've only ever seen a bit of The Biggest Loser on our bedroom tv with the volume down b/c it's on when my old butt is usually going to sleep. :p I should probably really watch it one day as I am almost certain it would interest me but to date, I have not...:rolleyes: Sorry you are lacking the home work out motivation for cardio. Don't sweat it. It's a temporary situation. How much longer til your instructor comes back? You can always sign up for more swimming if you need to! :D

Good morning All!!

Thanks so much for the thoughts & prayers.

I took a rest day Wednesday & Thursday I did Cardio Strength. I wish I could motivate myself to do some cardio in the am before work. I keep reading that it is good for burning fat, & all you need is 20 minutes.

Katie, I love Athletic Training, my legs have built up endurance & I don't have to fight the urge to skip a couple of reps at the begining. I also felt a little DOMS in my butt & hamstrings, right where I want to feel it!! :p

Wendy, I envy your cooking ability!! I do ok, but not like you!! I have a workout by JM called Yoga Meltdown, I like it alot but for some reason I have a hard time fitting yoga in. I have got to do better!! :D

Bridget, I'll be so glad when your spinning instructor gets back, how dare she take such a long vacation!!! :p

Have a great day All!! :)

Morning girls!

Rest day for me! It felt fantastic to sleep in until almost 7:00 this morning (I usually get up at 5:15). I sure do love my sleep!! :eek:

I'm almost done with Meso 2 (one more week, yay) and i've been worried because my dumbbells aren't heavy enough for Meso 3 (and we have no money to buy more). I talked to DH about it and DH's dad's friend Jack has a home gym in his basement that we are going to hit up once a week. I'm very exicted! Jack probably wouldn't care if we came over more often but I hate to impose. Jack not only has heavy dumbbells and barbells, he also has lots of machines so, just to shock my body even more, I may substitute machines for some of the moves (especially back) in Meso 3.

Wendy: Wow, Bob's yoga DVD sounds..tough! I always think of yoga as relaxing, fun, and calm so whenever I try a yoga DVD that makes me actually work i'm like "ew, i don't like that." LOL! :rolleyes: That's why I like the "flowing" yoga workouts so much, they're easier. I'm such a big baby I know! :eek:

Wiggie: I enjoy cardio in the AM. I took me several weeks to adjust, but now I love working out in the mornings (cardio and weights). Well, except for having to wake up early, lol! :) Enjoy your butt/hammy DOMS. Those are my favorites! :eek:

Bridget: How much longer is your spinning instructor going to be gone?? We need to get her back ASAP! :) What fun, insane plans do you have for this weekend? ;) Have you received CTX yet? I'm still (impatiently) waiting.

Good Morning Girls!

Today's work out was My Beating Heart! Cardio / Conditioning Workout | myomytv.com | Free Fitness Blog -it's a 21 minute interval cardio. Kicked my azz! :eek: Then I did the lower body focused mat work from Tonique Premier -feel the burn (10ish mins), the 15 min ab work out thats on the same dvd as y'day's yoga work out-OUCHEES and 35-40 minutes of Yoga Relax....:)

Katie:: No fair! You are gainfully employed and got up at 7 and I am an unemployed loser who still got up befor 6am!? WTH!? :p LOL Oh see that's where we differ regarding yoga. For the most part I dislike that super flowy light stuff. Most of the instructors who lead that type of yoga are very breathy when they talk (or practically whisper) and it drives me insane! The closest I have ever come to liking it is Cathe's Yoga relax though even that is different because it's not flowy but yet geared towards stretching and relaxing like the yoga you prefer. I do like some flow in yoga but there's a limit. Most of the yoga I like to do mixes it up and the flowing part is done at a faster pace when it DOES occur. I prefer yoga that focuses on strength, endurance with stretching as the built in extra benefit of the pain! ;) LOL To each his own though! Whatever makes us happy right? :) So I guess it's safe to say that you are NOT enabled by my review of y'day's yoga work out huh? :D PS I put a surprise in the mail for you yesterday! ;)

Wiggie:: Nothing to envy about my cooking ability. I am constantly following recipes! There's no ability required outside of following directions! :p LOL TY though. Very sweet of you to say-I do appreciate the compliment. :) I don't have yoga meltdown but have heard it's a good one. Yes, yoga/extra stretching can be very hard to fit in. I just made up my mind that (atleast for a while), I was going to make a point of doing SOMETHING atleast a few times a week. It's sooo good for us in so many ways! If you do a yoga work out like the one I did y'day it's a full body work out in itself! No need to feel guilty for doing just the yoga. It was tough!!!:eek:

Off I go but I'll BBL!:cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.