STS Body Rockers - Week of July 8th

Zbridget

Cathlete
Good Morning BR-ers!

Yesterday, I increased my milage to 6.4 miles in 69 minutes in my run! I am taking a much needed rest day today- legs a bit achy, and chaffing from my iPhone holder. Need to update my music for runs...

I'm a bit nervous about RT- feeling guilty about going when I have so much going on at home and work, but the plane reservations are booked, the hotel reserved- and I'm going.

Wiggie, Wendy & Kris- I have the new workouts, they're still in the plastic. Spinning and running have been keeping my moving- perhaps when winter comes around I will take a crack at them.

Erin- you rock my friend!! So proud of you!
Katie- I may be joining you next year on my first sprint as well! My spinning friends are going to take tri-swimming lessons in the fall.

Sorry I have been hiding- this week will be worse- we're going on vacation to the Adirondack Mts in NY next week- one of my favorite places in the world

Bridget

Good Sunday morning ladies!

Yesterday I did a whole bunch of yard work, once I got done, I was pretty well spent and didn't do any official workout. I have done a little more yard work this morning, but intend to be done now and so will get some official exercise done (probably... :eek::rolleyes: )

Hi Bridget - I didn't realize you were going on the RT, that's awesome, can't wait to hear about it when you're back! I hope you have a fabulous vacation this week, I've heard it's beautiful there! Great job on your run!! Sounds like you're really getting some great workouts in.

Hi Wendy, Katie, Wiggie and Erin!

Hope you all have a great day.

Kris

Hi ladies!

Yesterday's workout was Pyramid Upper Body and today's workout was Jillian Michael's 6 week six-pack (30 mins) + 1/2 of Bob's YFTW. My chest and biceps are soooo sore from PUB! BUT, the good news is I survived all those crazy biceps curls using the same weight as Cathe (I think I saw stars when using 15#s, lol). Jillian's workout was fun and, of course, i'm in love with YFTW. :)

Bridget: I completely forgot you are going to the RT. I'm so jealous! I wanted to go this year something awful but with DH just finishing school and the adoption I decided not to spare the extra funds. I bet you are going to have a blast! I know Kiki is going to be there, so you should keep an eye out for her. :) Have a wonderful vacation!!!!

Kris: Oh yard work. Any chance I can talk you into coming to Kentucky and doing my yard work? :D :p ;) I hate yard work with a passion, but it does give you a nice workout!

Hello All!!

My workout Saturday was Pump Revolution(55 min) & today(Sun) was Fire 45. I have to go back to work tomorrow. :( Time really flies when you're not at work!! :D

Bridget, great job on your runs!! Have a great vacation, be safe!! & enjoy the road trip, I'll have to look that up, I don't remember when that happens. :eek:

Katie, WTG on keeping up with Cathe, that's no easy feat!! :p

Kris, good job on yardmax!! ;)

Goodnight All!!

Morning!

I had a little fun this morning with Cathe and Low Impact Challenge. I hadn't done LIC in awhile and i'd forgotten how much I enjoy that workout (once I got the footing down again, lol). :)

Wiggie: Boo for going back to work! :( I agree that time flies soooo fast when you have time off. Nice workouts this weekend!!

Hi Girls.

Fly-by for me right now...taking DS bowling and to the park in a bit...

My work out this morning was TTM-warm up, solid step + step tabata then onto Yoga For The Warrior. I did 50m out of the hour. I skipped the last 2 yoga poses and the ab work but did everything else. Good stuff. :)

Y'day I did Cathe's original Boot Camp from the Intensity series. I went heavy and holy cow! :eek:

BBL or ITAM!:cool:

Hi Girls. I'm back for personals while I defrost chicken for dinner. :)

So what are your reactions to the new program Cathe is going to make? Credit cards ready? :D

I've picked my "poison" for tmrw's ZWOW/BR work out already so if anyone cares to join me, here it is!:D

BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv

Katie:: So you are in love with YFTW huh? That's awesome! You can thank me any time! ;):p LOL I read your post this morning and it inspired me to choose YFTW as my yoga work out for today. Felt great. Thank you. :) So which level of 6 wk 6 pack do you do? Level 2 is a tough 30 minute work out for sure! :eek:

Wiggie:: So are you enjoying the Body Pump work outs? I have a friend who has been doing that rotation for a while now and she loves it! Phooey on your vacation ending! :(

Kris:: I'd say some good yard work is equal to a work out any day!:)

Bridget:: I forgot that the NJ RT is fast approaching! Enjoy! I went on it in 2008. It was exhausting but fun!

Guess that's all for now! BBITAM!:cool:

Good morning body rockers
We leave for vacation on Saturday morning- the following weekend is RT- not too busy!
Spinning yesterday
Fun Run tonight at the cafe- running for beer. Feeling like a bum typing this, not having worked out yet by 6:30a!

Wendy- I'm liking what I hear about the new workouts- a remake of CTX? It is long overdue!

Kris- I never did completely get the footing down on low impact challenge- but it is fun!

Wiggie- good workouts this weekend, hopefully the week isn't that bad...

Katie- I have never been able to keep up with Cathe's weights in any workout- I don't think- def not PUB!

Welcome Jam!

Bridget

Good morning All!!

Yesterday’s(Mon) workout was Pump & Shred(45 min). I was going to jump rope afterward but my legs wouldn’t cooperate. :p

Wendy: yes, I am really enjoying the pump workouts!! I’ve decided to do total body high rep workouts for the next 3 months & see what happens. I will be doing Cathe’s HR & throw Power Hour in there sometimes also. Today I plan to do YFTW & some type of low impact cardio.

Bridget, good luck on your fun run, I hope you beat your last time!!

Katie, Yay on having fun with low Impact Challenge!! I haven’t done that one in a while myself!!

Hi Kris!! :)

Have a great day All!! ;)

Hello Ladies...or should I say Good Afternoon? :D

This morning I did the BR as planned and after a refreshing orange break I did the All in One Mini Work Out 40 min premix from my Body Electric Kundalini Yoga DVD. :)

I am showered now and have eaten lunch. Just finishing up a cup of java before heading off to the food store. I have to make sure I am back in time for a 2:30 "pampering" appointment (mani/pedi time!). :)

Not much else going on on this tuesday. Just happy that the sweltering heat has left my area for the week atleast. :eek:

Bridget:: Another beer run? What a great motivation to run! LOL ;) I like the sounds of the new series but the question is do I really need it? Will I make enough use of it to warrant the price? IDK what the price even is yet! :eek: I know the presale starts next week. Maybe the presale pricing is in the newsletter but I haven't checked my email in a couple of days...:rolleyes:

Wiggie:: Great rotation you are doing! So how was YFTW today? Yoga and some cardio sounds like my kind of work out!;)

Good afternoon!

I worked from home today (hardly worked maybe? ;)) and time got away from me. It's nice working from home but i'm always so distracted with house stuff, errands, etc. Anyway, I did finally get my workout in - High Step Challenge - and it felt great!!

Wendy: Nice workout this morning! You've been rocking lately. Yep i'm officially in love with YFTW. I give you all the credit! :) I was surprised how much I enjoyed Jillian's six week 6 pack. I only did the "hard" level (most of her level 1 workouts are to easy) and still have nice DOMS in my abs. I'm jealous of your mani/pedi appointment. I haven't had one all summer. I need to remedy that problem ASAP! :eek:

Wiggie: Jello legs after a workout is always an excellent sign! :p ;) I felt like that after both TTM and CF. Did you do YFTW today? We are some YFTW lovin-ladies!! :eek::eek:

Bridget: I'm so jealous of your vacation + RT double feature. Can I come along in your suitcase? :D ;) Have fun at the beer run tonight and drink a beer for me! :p

Hi Kris!!!

Hi there ladies

I've been lazy after the weekend - I've actually had a headache (probably sinus) and just haven't been motivated to get any good exercise done :( I am thinking that I am just going to switch up my rotation and take my recovery week this week and just move on with it later this week...

Hi Katie - great job getting in HSC! :) Glad you got that one done, I know you like that one too:)

Hi Wendy - great workouts! Hope you enjoyed your mani/pedi:) Glad you heat has moved on!

Hi Wiggie - great job on Pump and Shred! I hear you about legs not cooperating with the plan!

Hi Bridget - enjoy your vacation!!!

Hope you all have a great night!

Kris

Good Morning Ladies.

Today's work out plan is compound lower body and core with upper body focus from TTM plus gym cardio and yoga.

As for other plans for the day, we don't have any accept for a long over due trip to Costco with DH when he gets home later so the rest of the day we will play by ear...

Katie:: So didja make that mani/pedi appointment yet? ;) I hear you on getting distracted when you work from home. That's been happening to me alot over the past few months! :p Great job with High Step Challenge! I considered doing that on Sunday too but ended up choosing BC instead.

Kris:: Sorry about the headache. I hate headaches and know how even a small one can ruin your day. :( Hope you feel better soon!

BBL!:cool:

Good morning!!

Tuesday’s workout was a 20 minute Tabata bike with Mindy Mylrea. I was going to do YFTW but a storm came up & lasted until 11pm.

Kris, I hope you’re feeling better today!

Wendy, right now I’m thinking I won’t preorder, I just have so many dvds!!

Katie, working from home sounds good, I don’t have that option. :(

Hello Bridget!!

Make it a great one!! :)

Morning!

Today's workout was an oldie but a goodie: Kick, Punch, & Crunch! Love that one. :) It always sneaks up on me. I'm thinking, "wow, this isn't so bad" and then by the time I get to that last punching/kicking combo i'm absolutley spent!

Wiggie: Yikes on the storm! I hope you didn't endure any damage from it. Great job getting in the tabata workout! Very tough i'm sure. :) I don't usually get to work from home either. The Judge I work for used to let his attorneys work from home every day, but then he was stuck in the office by himself and he'd get bored/lonely. :rolleyes: Now he only let's us work from home on occasion. :mad: :p

Wendy: Wow, sounds like you've got a tough workout planned for today. Enjoy! ;) :) No mani/pedi appointment yet, but i'm taking off the afternoon of July 30th for a doctor's appointment so I might wait and schedule it then.

Kris: Sorry to hear about your headache. :( I get really bad sinus headaches too so I totally understand how you feel; they always put me out of commission too. I think you idea to designate this week you "rest week" is a good one. Rest, relax, and recover and then get back it next week! :)

I found our thread on the second page!!!:eek:

LOL

Good Morning Ladies!

Today's work out will be from another free work out site similar to BR and ZWOW that I discovered a while ago but have never actually used. :rolleyes: Well I am going to start using it TODAY with this lower body focused routine::

Circuit Training - Tightest Booty Workout : @LovingFit

After that, depending on how much time I have, I may add a short cardio and last but certainly not least I'll be doing yoga.:)

Wiggie:: I am with you on strongly considering NOT pre-ordering. I too have soooo many DVDs-many of them I do not even use (anymore or some at all-not even once!:eek:). I really need to get my butt on ebay/amazon and start selling some of this stuff! :rolleyes:

Katie:: Why wait so long for your pampering session? Make an appointment for this weekend girl! ;)

BBL!:cool:

Good morning!!

Wednesday’s workout was YFTW, & Wendy you are right, it’s enough all by itself!! :p I also want you to know I ordered Bliss Hips from amazon. I also ordered Core Strength Vinyasa Yoga : Total Body Transformation & Weight Loss by Sadie Nardini. Wow!! Long title. I’ve been checking her out for a while, I like her style. She has a show called Rock Your Yoga on Dish network.

Katie, I don’t blame your boss, I wouldn’t want to be at the office all day by myself either!! :D We didn’t have any damage from the storm in our area, thank God!!

Have a great day All!!

Howdy gals!!

Today's workout was PUB/PLB: Bonus Pyramid. Tough stuff! I still matched Cathe on all the upper and lower body work, but holy crap it was a struggle (particularly the upper body). I must have had a "strong" lifting day when I did PUB on Saturday. :eek:

Wendy: LOL! You're right, I should make an appointment this weekend. DH has been working lots of overtime, so should spend the money "wisely" - on a mani/pedi of course! :eek: :eek: :eek: I'm liking the look of the LoveFit lower body workout! Let me know what you think. I'm perused the LoveFit website a bit this morning, very interesting! I found an "improve your pushup" week long challenge I may do in the near future. Just something different to change up my routine. :)

Wiggie: Was this your first time doing YFTW? It was awesome wasn't it?! :) Bob should pay Wendy a commission for getting us all hooked. ;) :p Wow, you ordered lots of awesome-sounding workout DVDs! If you find any hidden "gems" let me know. ;) I've never heard of Sadie Nardini, but now i'm off to look her up! :)

Hi Kris! Hi Bridget!

Ok my work out is done and OMG I soooo did NOT need to do cardio after that lower body work out I did! WOW! :eek:

My yoga of choice was a 45 min session of Kundalini Warrior Work Out. Felt good. Wish I could have done it in full but I don't have that kind of time today..

Wiggie:: Glad you liked YFTW! It's no joke! That's why I love it too! :) So funny that you mention Nadine b/c I found her by accident on youtube a few weeks ago and liked the looks of her stuff as well so I've saved her website for a future purchase! You'll have to let know what you think! So you ordered Bliss Hips? You will have to let me know how you like it-Kundalini yoga is very different from vinyasa yoga!

Katie:: I haven't done the Pyramids in a while. Nice job! Tough work outs! Yay for a weekend pampering appoinment! :) So since you are liking the looks of the Loving Fit work outs perhaps you and I will have to do one together soon! ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.