STS Body Rockers - Week of August 7th

Zbridget

Cathlete
Going out on a limb and starting the thread for the new week...

WW question- again, I haven't done WW in a year, and the pointsplus is different than WW before. I have 29 points to use a day, and have difficulty meeting it. With most vegetables and fruits not carrying points, I find that the only points I am eating are lean meats- which aren't much- and whole grains- which are more, but not enough to really jack up my points to 29.

In 4 days I have used 7 of my weekly allowance on WW snack bars, and haven't touched my 13 activity points, and feel fine. I feel satisfied, yet have a big margin to eat if I want to. Is that right?

I suppose only the scale will tell- I weigh in again on Wednesday.

Its a rainy day today, and I am going to make the WW soup. It is 1 point online, and 0 points in my starter guide- whatever, it is all good!

Thanks again for your support!

Bridget

Hi everyone!

I did Intensity Step and Hiit (lo) premix this a.m. I also did a Stretch Max routine. I got my exercise all planned out through the end of Meso 3 - that feels good - I used the Cardio rotation for STS but added a little to it too.

I needed a new pair of exercise shoes and just got them yesterday (I'd ordered them from Amazon), I got the Ryka Synergy, I love them! (Super cute too - got the black ones :))

Bridget - I realized I'd missed answering a question from you about recovery week plans - I did some higher impact yesterday and today but I am keeping it low impact cardio the rest of the week, I also am more flexible in what I do - if I really don't feel like doing a workout one day this week, I'll skip it and not feel guilty:) I've got quite a bit of stretching and abs in this weeks plan too. As far as the WW question - I know what you mean, with fruit and veggies all being freebies, it was hard for me at first too. I would try to eat smaller meals more frequently through the day.

Wendy - woohoo on the weigh in this a.m. - that's awesome! Thanks for the pass on the gloves for Cardio Kicks :) - it was tough without them!

Hi Katie and Kiki:)

Hope you all have a great day!

Kris

Bridget and Kris...It's HARD for you ladies to meet the 29 DP requirement? OMG, I must just eat all damn day long then! LOL I eat tons of fruit and some veggies but trust me, 99% of the time I use all of my DP's too!

Bridget, how are you using weekly points on bars if you have yet to eat 29 DP's in a day? The program shouldn't allow you to use WP's (or AP's depending on how you have it set up) until your DP's for the day are all utilized.

Lol Wendy - it "was" hard at first - key word being "was" - didn't take long and it was not a problem :eek: I should have stated that better:)

Hi Wendy- they have me using the weekly allowance for snacks- even before my daily allowance is up- now I am new, so I will go back to double check that on Wednesday.

Today, I went to a picnic and used up a fair ## of my weekly allowance- still have 21 of them left, haven't touched my activity points.

The WW soup came out pretty good! I partitioned a few small bowls for work this week- with a small 6 pt sandwich and some fruit and red pepper on the side, is 6pt for lunch.

I'm still having a hard time swallowing that the fruit is 0 points.

The scale will tell the story on Wednesday...

Bridget:: The free fruit apparently does not work for everyone but for me it is a God send!!! I eat fruit atleast 3-4 x per day in addition to all of my DP's and I am fine! I don't understand how you are using WPs before all of your DP's are used up but perhaps it's in the way you have it set up. Whatever you prefer!!!:)

Hi there,

This morning I did Athletic Step. I planned on also adding core work but my stomach is still recovering from this past weekend's festivities and I thought it might be best to give it another day's rest. :confused:

For all your WW gals, has anyone ever seen the cooking show called Hungry Girl? I caught an episode on Friday afternoon (it was a repeat) and I really enjoyed the show. It's dedicated to healthy cooking. I was checking out a few recipes on the HG website and I noticed she includes PP values for all the recipes. Here's a link to the website if you are interested: Hungry Girl Airs Sundays at 10am/9c on Food Network

Bridget: Thanks for getting the thread started for us! What was in your WW soup? If it is zero points it must be filled with lots of yumo veggies!

Kris: Oh Intensity - just the thought of that one makes me sweat. ;) Great job girlie!! Have you tried out your new w/o shoes yet? I love getting new shoes!! Are the Ryka Synergy the same one Cathe is using in the new series? I saw you use a HR monitor for your workouts. Does it also show calories burned? If so, do you ever compare your HR calories to the workout manager? I'm curious about the accuracy of the workout manager.

Wendy: *happy scale dance* You are conquering that scale!! woohoo! Yes i'm definitely planning on getting more sleep this week! It's a must!!! I "borrowed" my mom's Kindle a few weeks ago and this past week I kept finding new books that I just couldn't stop reading which kept causing me to go to bed way to late. I gave the Kindle to my sister this weekend! ;) :p Problem solved (I hope)!

Hi Kiki and Autumn!

Have a great Monday!
Katie

Hey gang

I did STS yoga abs yesterday- my butt was so sore from legs the day before, that I struggled a bit with the rocking moves in the beginning- didn't do it well, but I did it.

Spinning this morning, I visualized that my hot muscles were burning off the lactic acid searing into my legs from the leg workout on Saturday- those leg Doms are persistent, thank goodness for Aleve.

Wendy- I am not sure what I am doing wrong not getting to all my points for the day, but if you are at goal, then you are doing something right! Thanks for all your assistance!

Katie- my soup has cabbage, zucchini, spinach, carrots, garlic, 2 cans of diced tomatoes, 2 cans veggie broth. It is pretty good, I would like it better with egg noodles in it, but the sacrifices I need to make for WW! I could turn it into a chicken soup with some chicken, maybe some barley- next batch.

Kris- I love Ryka's- I've been wearing them for years. I have a pair of Ryka studios, 2 pair of Assists, and the new Synergy's look so cool! Do the black ones have lime green soles? Thanks for the insight on recovery week- I may just do my spinning, some stretching and some ab work that week.

Who was it here that does Terminator when they finish STS? That may be fun!

Bridget

Hi everyone,

I did a Ab Circuits - the No equipment one today:)

Katie - Yeah, I use the HRM for almost all workouts - it is often very close to the Workout manager calorie burn listed (occasionally very different, but most often right there - maybe I'm not working hard enough those days it's off:eek:) I have several of the Hungry Girl cookbooks - some of my ongoing favorites:) Most are really simple and good:) I tried the new shoes :) I love them! Great job on Athletic Step - I only did that one once... oh boy, it wasn't pretty:eek:

Bridget - you made me laugh when you wrote the other day about Yoga abs that you thought it sounded so nice (and asked that no one tell you otherwise... lol) Great job on the spinning - I know about those low body doms too! I imagine the WW plan is different with the activity and weekly points depending on the leaders where you go:) I noticed on the online program that you can choose to have activity points used before the weeklies too. The soup sounds good! The black Rykas do have the lime green soles, and some stitching on them is lime green too, very cute:)

Wendy - I love the free fruit too:) Theres something in my head that just loves that I could eat something and still be on plan even though I'm out of points - just knowing I can keeps me from craving so much:)

Hi Kiki!

Hope you all have a great night!

Kris

Good Morning.

Today's work out was the July 4th BR called Transform your Booty. Very simple but killer just the same. 18 intervals of 10 s rest/ 30 s work alternating high knees jump rope with a heavy weighted squat. I used a 30# DB and actually used a real jump rope too! Prior to it I did GS Biceps which I kicked azz at and followed BR with my own cardio interval set up the same way but did the first 9 intervals of jump rope and the last 9 of jumping jacks. I was wiped when I was done and can already feel it in my legs! :eek:

Kris:: I can't tell you how many times since being on WW that fruit has saved me from going over my points limit when I get hungry after dinner!

Bridget:: Too bad you couldn't go on one of the road trips and audition for the spin video!!!!

Katie:: TY for the link! All I had to hear was that she inclulded PP values and i was all over it! LOL

Hello!

This morning I did High Step Challenge. It was great fun! I haven't done that one since before STS and i'm glad I broke it out this morning. :) I was impressed with some of my STS improvements. For example, pre-STS, I was using 20 pounds total for all the bicep work (Cathe uses 35 pounds total and then drops to 25 pounds total). Today, post-STS, I was able to use 30 pounds total and then dropped to 24 pounds total. Woohoo! I'm still not able to match Cathe, but i'm slowly inching closer and that's all that matters!

Bridget: Wow that soup sounds really good!! I may have to give that a try when it cools off outside. I LOVE soup in the winter and make it at least twice a week. Sadly some of my most delicious soups are off-the-charts unhealthy. :eek: Yep, Kris is right. I'm the crazy chick who enjoyed the Terminator workouts at the end of each Mesocycle. It just made me feel like I was ending each Mesocycle with a bang.

Kris: I'm glad to hear you liked Ryka Synergy shoes!! I'll have to put them on my "future workout shoe" list. I just got new workout shoes earlier this year but since i've upped my workouts to 6 days per week i'm wearing them out fast! Ohhh I may have to check out the Hungry Girl cookbook! I'm planning a library trip this weekend so i'll see if I can find one there. I love trying new recipes!

Wendy: Let me know if you try any of those HG recipes and, if so, what you think. Eeek that BR workout sounds vicious! Now I'm dying to put together a Gym Style rotation too! I've only done those w/os a few times (I got them a month or so before I started STS) but they rocked!!! I'm committed to finishing the July 2010 rotation i'm on but after that, it's Gym Styles mania (plus the new LIS of course).

I hope we didn't lose Kiki as part of our check-in group. I noticed in another forum (maybe Open Discussion) she said she was going to start checking in with a injury recovery group. Completely understandable of course; I just miss hearing from her!

Week 3, Meso 2 chest, shoulders & triceps. Feeling strong and plugging along...Spinning tomorrow, WW in the evening, we'll see how the scale reacts, my home scale is not working.

Wendy- It would be a comical site to see me in a Spinning video, and it wouldn't be pretty.

Kris- I was supposed to do abs today, I had the day off and found time for everything but. Next time...

Katie- I have owned Terminator for about 10 years- it came with the series- and never did it- I think it would be great to finish strong with Terminator after STS- which workout do you do? Don't tell me you do all 3.

Good night all, gotta get up early tomorrow

Bridget

Hi there everyone:)

I did Low Impact Circuit Cardio PM this a.m. - this was a odd day for me with the workout - I just couldn't get into it for some reason - but I did it - I really liked that one the last few times I did it, but today I found myself looking at the clock to see when it would be done :(

Hungry Girl has several cookbooks - all have got some good recipes, the 300 under 300 is good :) Also, she has a email newsletter you can sign up for through her site too. The newsletter includes a few recipes - tells you the points too. I had wrote the points for the earlier cookbooks in the books, but since they changed the points system, I need to update them:)

Wendy - sounds like you had the oomph I lacked today :eek: - great job, sounds like you really rocked it! :)

Katie - Great job on High Step Challenge! I'll have to try that one again post STS too:) Your strength gain is awesome! woo woo! :eek:

Bridget - Great job on your Spinning and week 3, M2 workout! I can be tempted to skip the abs too, I've been trying to be better though :eek:

Hope we didn't lose Kiki too - maybe she'll be back full time when she gets all healed:)

Have a great night!

Kris

Good morning! Today I did HiiT 40/20 + CM (segment 1) + SM (1/2 of segment 1). I thought the core max segment was never going to end!

Bridget: Aww man you definitely should have tried out for Cycle Max. You're a spinning queen. :p As for the Terminator workouts, "Viper" is my favorite, "Gauntlet" is tough tough tough, and "Imax Extreme" is cardio fever. For me, Gauntlet is by far the hardest. It just absolutely wears me out! I would recommend Viper because, well, like I said it is my fav. :D
All the workouts are long, though, so be prepared!

Kris: Thanks for all the information on the HG cookbooks! That's awesome! I like how she uses real, easy to find food. Sometimes I get so annoyed with "healthy" cookbooks because the ingredients are just weird, hard to find, and expensive. Today must have been an "off" day for you workout wise. It happens to me too...frequently. :D :rolleyes:

Waves to Wendy, Autumn, and Kiki.

FYI: My DH's grandfather passed away this morning so i'm probably going to be MIA for a few days. I didn't want you all to think I had abandoned you. :)

A disappointing weigh in at WW- I gained 0.8lbs- how? I didn't use any activity points, have WP still left over. I'm thinking I need more protein- all the fruits and veggies aren't protein- that is my goal for next week.

I spun (spinned?) this morning, and followed with chin ups & pull ups on the assist machine in the gym- a reasonable alternative to the rubber tubing- which I am not feeling.

Wendy- has this happened to you on WW? Any insights you can share?

Katie- keeping your grandfather-in-law in my prayers. I am putting the Viper on my calendar next month after I finish STS- on a Saturday morning.

Kris- it is so tempting to blow off a workout when you aren't feeling it, you should be proud!

Hi Kiki & Autumn

Good night all!

Bridget

Hi everyone -

I did AC - Pilates this a.m. Feeling like I'm ready for Saturday when I start Meso 3:)

Hi Bridget - Great job spinning - sorry about the weigh in - the protein may be part of it - but they really do want you to eat the daily points and most say you should eat the weekly points (even if not the activity points). Not sure how much fruit you ate, but some people have said that they ate too much with the free fruit option. :( that's disappointing for your weigh in - that's frustrating I know. I swear my weight can go up and down 3 or 4 lb in a day - with just a little too much salt, too little water, etc... I 'll pop up a crazy amount :confused:

Hi Katie - I agree - I'm all about "normal" ingredients - nothing loses me more quickly than a recipe full of things I'll have to hunt to find (and probably have to take a loan out to buy - lol) Glad to hear that I'm not the only one with an off day. Great workout for you today - 40/20, CM and SM - great job! So sorry about your DH grandfather:(

Hey Wendy - hope you had a great workout today:) (Or a great rest day if that's the case)

Hi Kiki Hope all is good.

Have a great night everyone:)

Kris

Morning.

Y'day was my rest day but today I'm back in business! Doing a BR work out called "Fierce Friday" (7/1). It's comprised of 4 exercises (about 20 reps per) and do this circuit style repeating it 4x for time. No weights needed. Appears to be a high cardio factor in this one. Can't wait! I also have CTX back work on tap. Today I will add abs if there is time. :) Br has an ab move in it but I want more! ;)

Bridget:: ITA that you should push to consume all of your DP's but I do not agree that you should eat all of the extra points each week. If anything? Set it up so it pulls from AP's first before WP's (that's how I have it) and eat them if anything since you EARNED them through exercise. The WP's are for treats/special ocassions/etc. It says so right on the website. I think they claim weight loss is still possible even if you eat every single point every week but I was not about to try it! It would likely have me eating MORE then I was to begin with and that's not very helpful! :confused: As for why the gain this week? Who knows. Tons of factors could have played in to it. I had my share of weeks where I would gain a bit or stay the same but if you weigh more then just on your weigh day, you will better be able to see the patterns in your losses and gains and won't get as discouraged so quickly IMO. As for the free foods-they work wonderfully for me but apparently not for all so you have to play around and make that determination for yourself.

Kris:: Thanks re my work out. I am very motivated these days b/c I am LOVING the rotation I am doing! Not only is it full of variety, tough and fun, but it also seems to be working for me too cause the scale and I are getting along FABULOUSLY since I started and it keeps getting better! :D

Katie:: Sorry to hear about your DH's grandfather. :( My deepest sympathies to you, DH and the family.

You worded that well Wendy:) Yeah Bridget, I didn't mean to say you should eat all daily points, weekly points and activity points too - sorry if it sounded that way - what I meant was that "they" (ww) says to eat all the daily points and then the others could be used at your discretion. I use the weekly points for my indulgences first, but don't touch the activity ones at all. But it makes sense to use the activity ones first instead since like Wendy said you earned them. The program definitely works - just have to play with it a little perhaps to make it work for you:)

I did MMA Boxing this a.m. - time flew:)

Katie - if you're checking in - I'm thinking of you.

Wendy - sounds like a great workout! You are on fire for sure! :eek:

Bridget - I'm considering getting a spin bike at some point now - you're tempting me :) Any advice?

Hope you all have a great rest of the day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.