STS Body Rockers week of 4/29

ricklyk1

Cathlete
Hi ladies!

I finished STS yesterday. WOOHOO! I had a great last workout. :) I'm officially into my active recovery week so today I did Bob Harper's Yoga for the Warrior + the bonus 15 minute ab section. Wow, I really enjoyed this workout! There was only 1 move that I could not get (it was a wrap around the body move, thing, something) but, overall, two thumbs up!

Wendy: Hope you're having (had?) a fabulous weekend! Did you win any big money?? My boss went to Vegas this past week. I gave him a quarter to play in the slot machines. We'll see tomorrow how much money he brought me back. :D ;) :p

Kris: WELCOME BACK! Of course we'll take you back silly! We've missed you around here. We are here to motivate you! ;) Pick you're favorite Cathe workout, and plan to do it at least once this week. Baby steps right? :) How's that shoulder feeling?

Hi Bridget! Hi Wiggie!

Katie

Is it me or did this month fly by??

I have a 5K on Saturday, May 5th coming up, so I ran on the treadmill today for 5 miles in 1 hour. At this rate, it will take me over 2 1/2 hours to complete the HM in September, but that is September, I am counting on improving my times with training & patience. I hurt in new places- (hips anyone?) from the run, just another area to work on.

Kris- Welcome back!!! Of course we recognize life and the issues associated with it. Come on back and find your groove again!

Katie- Hooray for finishing STS, and double hooray for the rest week!!

Wendy- Yay for new sneaks- I'm thinking you did an interval workout on the treadmill? I've been following Jeff Galloway's run-walk method, and trying to find my rhythm to maintain. Hoping to have a rhythm for the race on Saturday. Boo for the scale.

Wiggie- very sorry to hear about your uncle passing. Prayers to you and your family

Bridget

Hello!

Today I did Bob Harper's Totally Ripped Core + a little extra stretching. Not my favorite Bob workout, but still not bad. :)

Bridget: This month definitely flew by! Good luck at your 5K on Saturday. You're going to do great! Do you have a foam roller? Maybe that would help your hips. I've never used one, but have heard it does wonders for knees, hips, etc. It's on my ever-growing "need to buy ASAP" list. ;)

Hi Ladies.

My weekend was fun, exhausting and fattening!:p

Getting back on track today with WW in order to ensure the weight gain stops before it gets any higher AND to REVERSE it! Wish me luck! :eek:

I did Bob's Kettlebell Sculpted Body this morning for the first time. I enjoyed it! Great work out! Not one of his toughest and that's absolutely fine with me b/c I have TM run planned at the gym later on this afternoon!:)

Katie:: YAY for finishing your STS rotation! So happy you enjoyed Bob's yoga! How did it feel to NOT relax during yoga? ;) Yeah, that wrap up move is hard. I can barely get my finger tips to touch and even that only happened recently and there is no way I am standing up! :eek: So what makes Totally Ripped Core not one of your faves? Too easy?? ;) I did it once and really enjoyed it! Did you see that he posted a downloadable 30 day work out rotation on his FB page? You can thank me later!;):D

Bridget:: Good luck on the 5k! You'll do fantastic!:)

Last edited:
This morning started out amazing! I got up early, had some peanut butter toast and went to spin class, followed by 30 minutes on the treadmill- I felt powerful & invincible! I'm hanging with the tri crowd at the Y- woo hoo!

However, at work by 4 o:clock today, I felt a little tickle in my throat, by 5 it was a sore throat- by 6 it moved into my left ear, and now my whole body hurts, and I am going to bed. I planned on going for a run tomorrow morning, but I'm thinking a forced rest day is coming.

Katie- There is a foam roller in the weight room at the gym, we call it the pain stick! I'll have to seek it out and roll my hips on it when I return.

Wendy- back in the saddle again, you know how to take the weight off when you need too- you'll do it!

Going to bed all

Bridget

Good morning All!!

Thank you guys for all the prayers & thoughtful words, they do help. His children live in several different states & all came home for the funeral of course. I haven’t seen some of them in years, always good to see them, circumstances suck. We spent the weekend in Walterboro, SC, which is an hour from where I live.

Friday’s workout was Kettlebell Sculpted Body by BH. I liked it, like Wendy said not as hard as others, but I liked all the instruction since I’m new to kettlebell workouts. Saturday morning I did my own thing alternating between my spin bike & pushups. Sunday I did a Mama Wants variation that am & my own thing that night alternating between leg presses & pushups & dips. Monday I did KSB again that am, LICLIS that afternoon & Mama Wants her Booty Back a little later. This morning(Tue) I rode my bike for 10 minutes.

Katie, congrats on finishing STS!! I like BH yoga, I haven’t been doing yoga long enough to even try that move, maybe someday!! :p

Wendy, glad you had a great trip!! When I know I haven’t eaten well I don’t even weigh until I’m back on track & I go back to counting points the next day. I feel like if I weigh right away the scale will give me a “false high” since I don’t always eat like that. By then the scale is kinder!! What kind of shoes did you buy? I need some that are good for running. I’ve heard it can do wonders for your thighs.

Wow Bridget 5 miles? That’s phenomenal!! :D I don’t have access to a treadmill, but just staying on that long is an accomplishment!! A HM is 13 miles, am I correct? If so 2 1/2 miles doesn’t sound bad to me(non runner talking). Hope you’re feeling better!!

Kris, welcome back, we missed you!! That weight loss is spaced out over some years, but thank you! Hope your shoulder is on the mend!!

Have a great day All!! ;)

Last edited:
Hi there,

Thanks so much for the welcome back:) Sunday I did CCC, with some modifications for some of the moves, yesterday I did HIS, or tried to, I like that one, but forgot about some of the steps befuddling me, so did some "alternate" step moves throughout. Some days my shoulder seems like it's better and some days, I wake up with it aching and it gets worse through the day. I will make a doctor's appt if it continues, probably should have done so already - kept thinking it would begin to consistently improve, maybe some PT would help.

Katie - Woohoo on finishing STS again! Enjoy your active recovery week:) Love your new avatar:)

Bridget - hope you're feeling better:( Sounds like your day really started out great, love that powerful feeling!

Wiggie - Sounds like you got some great workouts in this weekend, good for you, hard to do when so much is going on, but that exercise really helps doesn't it?

Wendy - I'm just back to WW tracking too, that really helps me (and now with the Ipod touch I got, I can track when I'm not home too, so I have no excuses:)

Hope you all have a great day, you really are a motivating group, thanks again for the welcome back:)

Kris

Hola Chicas. :)

I went food shopping first thing this morning after dropping DS off at school and then did my work out. I started with about 25 minutes of KPC (w/u plus first two kicking and punching combos wearing weighted gloves) and followed that up with the first 55 minutes of Yoga X! :D

My first day back on the WW bandwagon went well y'day.:) Let's hope that the rest of the week follows suit!!!

Kris:: Looks like both of us are plagued with shoulder issues. My right shoulder gets cranky these days but I have yet to go to the doctor myself! These things are usually only temporary for me so I'm waiting it out a bit longer...

Wiggie:: I admit I've been remiss at reading so I am unsure of what's going on with you. I'm sorry. :( I must go back and catch up!!!:eek: Glad you enjoy working with kettlebells! They are a great option. I was totally hooked on them at one time to the point where they were the only "weight work out" I did for about a year!!!!:D

Bridget:: Thanks for the vote of confidence regarding WW. :) Sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope tmrw finds you feeling better!!!

Katie:: Come out come out where ever you are! :p

Good morning All!!

Tuesday's workout was Legs & Glutes Leg Press Mania. I haven't done L & G in a long time, this was one of my favorites, & still is. First time doing a premix, I used to always do the workout as is. I have a new obsession with leg presses, we'll see if it makes a difference in my lower body. :p

Well that's all for now, have a great day Everyone!! ;)

Good morning!

No workout for me today. I decided since it is my last active recovery week for awhile that I would take an extra day off this week. :) Yesterday I was able to sneak in Yoga Max (the whole thing, for once, lol) before dinner.

Wendy: I think I didn't love Totally Ripped Core because I felt rushed on some of the moves. And my left shoulder was hurting me. It (my shoulder) got a little over-used between the last chest/back workout and Bob's yoga workout last weekend. I'm definitely going to give it another shot when i'm feeling 100%. How did day 2 of WW go yesterday?

Wiggie: Obsession with leg presses? Are we going to have to send you to the Cathe mental rehab clinic? :p Excellent workouts last week. You had some goodies in there. ;)

Kris: Wow, CCC is definitely a "welcome back to Cathe" kind of workout! :p Yeah, i'm thinking a trip to either the doctor or a PT is a good idea. Better to be safe than sorry!

Bridget: How are you feeling??? Any better? Hopefully you rested and recovered yesterday. :) The pain stick? EEK! Maybe I don't want to get one. :p ;)

Hey Ladies.:)

Totally Ripped Core and X-Train Stretch is done. :D There was originally an Itread 20 min run on tap as well but I think I may just skip that one for today. I'm feeling pretty sore and tired. :( Who knew a rotation with lots of yoga could be such an azz kicker!? :eek: That being said, I think I feel a recovery of some sort coming on next week!!!

Katie:: Yeah, there are some moves in TRC that I think should be done slower so sometimes I just do them at my own pace not worrying if I keep up with Bob's rep count or not. If staying with his # of reps is important for you though you can always pause the dvd while you finish them up. :) I hear you on the cranky shoulder! Hope it's better soon!!! Y'day was another successful one on the WW front! TY for asking! :D

Wiggie:: Legs n Glutes is an oldie but a goody as they say! Have fun with those leg presses!!! :)

Good morning!!

Wednesday’s workout was Insanity Max Interval Circuit. It wore me out while doing it, but afterward I felt energized. A guy at work mentioned he was doing Insanity, that’s what made me think of doing it.

Katie, I just might have to go to “rehab”. Back in the day when I used to do The Firm, I always liked leg presses, but after I “met” Cathe I didn’t do the firm much & eventually quit altogether. Did you enjoy your rest day? How’s your shoulder?

Bridget, hope you’re feeling better!!

Kris, you picked CCC as your reintroduction to Cathe?! You’re my hero!! I consider that to be very hard because for the life of me I can not roll back & get up on my feet!! Maybe one day, but not today!! :p Hope your shoulder is better!!

Wendy, I follow WW most of the time, of course during vacation, family gatherings, etc. I don’t. I’m sure you won’t have much trouble following it for a little while. :) What weight kettlebells do you have? I wouldn’t mind having some of the contoured kind, but they are pricey!! :(

Have a great day All!!

Hi Ladies.

This morning I did Itread 20 mins #4, BL Yoga for Weight Loss (20 min) and STS Ext Stretch..:)

So I am happy to report a loss, albeit small, since being back on the WW wagon! I've been keeping track of my weight even though I've been failing to count WW points for the last few weeks. That being said, since last Thursday (my WW weigh in day), I lost .6#. Like I said, not a lot but considering I only started tracking on Monday I'd say that's getting off to a decent start! :)

Wiggie:: WHOA-a month 2 Insanity work out!!! Nice job!!!!:eek::D I have one 10#, two 15#, one 20# and one 30# bell and I use them all depending on the work out! :D 10# doesn't seem like a lot but trust me, I have some work outs where I definitely need it! :eek: I tracked on WW from April 15, 2011 all the way through until shortly after I got laid off in mid March of this year. The only difference was once I had reached my goal, I stopped tracking on weekends. I fell off the wagon so to speak I think because my entire routine got thrown off and WW just got "lost" some where....I'm back on it now tho!;)

Guess that's all for now! BBL!:cool:

Wendy, if I ever reach goal(yet to be determined), I will probably do like you & only track during the week. It seems to work well for you. It is normal for weight to flucuate a little bit. That being said, good job on a loss so quickly. WW works!!

I have 3 lb, 5lb & 10lb kettlebells. I don't use the 3lb(too light) at all ,in came in the set.

Hi gals!

Today I did Intensity. Yikes! I'm working on my cardio capacity a bit and this one kick my arse. :eek: :D My husband is graduating from Engineering School this wekeend (thank the heavens) so I might be MIA for a few days.

Wendy: I'm definitely going to check out Bob's rotation! It sounds crazy intense. Yay for a scale victory! Every little bit counts. Now that i'm actively trying to lose weight again i'm hoping for a scale victory too. :) I guess I should get a scale that actually works, lol!

Wiggie: How does Insanity compare to Cathe? I've always wanted to try Insanity, but i'm skeered. My shoulder is better but it still feels a little...off. Thanks for asking though. :)

Hi Bridget! Hi Kris!

Hi there everyone - Wow, sounds like you all are getting in some great workouts! I did S&G cardio PM Monday and LBB (no floor work) PM this am. I will guess my lower body will be stinging tomorrow :). I'll be back for personals:). Have a great night!

Good morning All!!

Thursday's workout was All Step(just cardio) from CTX & CTX Upper Body Split. Good workout, I will probably do CTX LL or Legs & Glutes tonight.

Katie, Insanity is hard because you don't really get much rest between exercises. It's very different from Cathe, the warm up isn't really a warm up, you kinda just go right into the workout. It will increase your cardio capacity, not as much fun as Cathe. I prefer the music to match the moves, Shaun T doesn't do that. I do like to mix it up & do something different, but I could never do a whole rotation of just him. Remember I suffer from rotation A.D.D!! :p

Hello Ladies. :)

I was doubtful that it would actually happen for a little while there but I completed a work out FINALLY after a ridiculous amount of wishy washy indecisiveness. :rolleyes:

I ended up doing BH Kettlebell Cardio Shred. I was SUPPOSED to do heavy f/b weights but I just wasn't in the mood. Oh well...life goes on! :p

Wiggie:: IDK how much more weight you have to lose but slow and steady wins the race! You can do it! :) I did a full although slightly modified Insanity rotation in 2009. It was killer! I lost 5# without trying! Loved it! ;) That said though, it's a hard one on the body and I can't seem to convince myself to do a full rotation again these days...but I also can't convince myself to do another P90X rotation, another STS rotation, another Chalene Extreme rotation so maybe you shouldn't even listen to me anymore coz I'm pretty useless! :p:D

Katie:: Oh yeah sure! Just blame it on the innocent scale why don't you!?! ;):p:D I am also considering a modified version of Bob's rotation for sometime in the near future. Great minds think alike!:) Great job with Intensity! That work out kicks azz!!!!:eek:

Kris:: I love S&G cardio!!!!:D

That's all for now!:cool:

Hi ladies!

The Kentucky Derby runs this afternoon so it's nutty around here. This evening I'm going to a joint Derby/Graduation party for DH. Good times! I got up early and did GS: Chest/Triceps plus Core Max 1. Cathe kicked my arse! ;)

BBL for personals!

Forgive my absence this week, I have been feeling sorry for myself with my stupid head cold.

I ran my first 5K today!

This morning I got up, used my sinus rinse (see NeilMed Pharmaceuticals, Makers of Sinus Rinse, NasaFlo Netipot, Nasal Irrigation for the nasty yet effective details!) took decongestants and afrin and went to the hospital where the race was being held- it was fun, like a picnic atmosphere- cloudy but not raining, temps in the 50's.

I finished 266th place- for a total time of 38.22- just under 11 minutes per mile! I was excited to get under 11 min- have been averaging 11:30 in my practice runs- need to get faster than that before the half marathon in September. Everyone passed me, kids, old people, people with strollers...but this is a good start for me.

Tomorrow may be a yoga kind of day, feeling this in my hip flexors like never before. Aleve!

Katie- We'll be watching the derby with you- dd always picks a horse- will let you know who she picks!

Wendy- I'm liking your BH rotation- I did watch the season finale of Biggest Loser- loved the at home winner, he looked fabulous. These were the least likable contestants I have seen since I have been watching- in a way I'm glad its over. Great job on the wt loss!

Kris- LBB- ouch! won't be sitting for a while there.

Wiggie- love hearing about your insanity workouts. Not sure if they're for me, I'd rather live through you for now :p

You guys are the best, thanks for inspiring me!

Bridget

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.