STS Body Rockers - September 2012 :)

itsup2me

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

Just getting us started on a new month:) Yesterday was a rest day for me, planning to get some workout in today, still deciding. I'll be back afterward to let you know what I pick.

Have a great day!

Kris

Checking in post workout - I decided to do The Viper (ala Katie - I know she does those Terminator workouts but I'd never had the guts) :eek: Good sweaty 80 minute workout, ahhh now to relax :) I'm going to a friend's house in a bit for a pool party, should be fun.

Hope you all have a great day and are having a really nice weekend!

Kris

Last edited:
Morning girls!

Did you all hear that loud "thump" this past weekend? That was me, falling off the clean eating wagon. If it is an unhealthy food, I was stuffing it in my face this weekend. :eek::rolleyes: Honesty I feel like crap, but i'm hoping to get my act back together today (ignoring the extremely unhealthy breakfast I just had at Cracker Barrel, lol).

I rested on Friday but did work out on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday I did Drill Max and Sunday I did Turbo Barre (Lower Body Premix + abs). Today i'm debating between HiiT 40/20 and a new kickboxing workout I just bought. I'll BBL to report which one I did!

Kris: Thanks for getting us started for the month! Oooohhh Viper, nice! Ya know I love me a little Viper action. ;) I haven't done those workouts in awhile and now i'm itching for an intense arse kicking. :D Hope you had a wonderful time at the pool party! All our Labor Day outdoor fun got cancelled due to rain, but i'm not complaining because we really needed the rain.

Back post-workout (finally). :) I decided to give my new kickboxing workout a shot - Tracey Staehle's Cardio Kickbox Challenge. It is an excellent steady-state cardio workout. I would consider it a high-intermediate workout, not quite advanced. It's very different than most other kickboxing DVDs (in my opinion). Nothing fancy, dancy, or intricate, short kicking/punching segments, straight hard work. Tracey doesn't use high impact to add intensity (for the most part, there are 2-3 high impact segments) but uses your own body strength - punch harder, kick higher, etc. What I like about the workout is that I can make it hard or easy depending on my mood. :D

I hope you all are having a lovely Labor Day! :)

Hi there ladies,

Today I did Step Works, one of Cathe's older step workouts. It was ok, I'm just not a big fan of steady step workouts I guess :( It's mostly because I have a hard time with the choreo :eek:, but I guess it's easier to handle when there are intervals or something mixed in (instead of 10 to 15 minutes of the step routine, then move to another of the same length), but wanted to try it because I wasn't sure if I had tried it before or not... oh well, I still sweated and got my heart rate up for about an hour, so all is good :) The pool party yesterday was alot of fun, today my parents came out to our house and we had burgers :) Otherwise pretty quiet here, my hubby is still in Texas.

Hi Katie - the Kickbox workout sounds like a goodie! Great job too this weekend with Drill max and Turbo barre! I need to do Turbo barre again sometime soon. I hear you about falling off the clean eating wagon, I've been struggling with that again too :( We can do it, just move forward with a clean slate :)

Hi Wiggie, Wendy and Bridget - hope you all had a great Labor Day weekend.

Kris

Good Morning Ladies. :)

Well we had a fun weekend (ofcourse!) but now it's back to reality. :( I didn't come home a winner but I never expect to either! LOL

No work outs Saturday or Sunday at the hotel but I did work out after we got home yesterday. I did the SB & SJP 61 minute weights and step circuit premix. Great work out despite the fact that I screwed up the step challenge beyond recognition. :eek:

Not sure yet what's on tap work out wise for today...

Last night over dinner (pizza-last hurrah before it's back to healthy!), we watched a movie called "The Game" starring Michael Douglas. OMG what a strange movie but it was good. I really enjoyed it! Anyone else ever see it??

Kris:: Great job on the Viper! I *think* I have the Terminator dvd and I have been on a Cathe kick so now I'll need to find it! Thanks for the idea! Step Works...I probably used to own it at some point but not anymore. Sorry it didn't click with you.

Katie:: I joined you OFF the wagon this weekend. I NEVER eat well in AC! I used to have that K/B dvd by Tracy but I didn't care for it so I sold it. Glad you enjoyed it though!:) I keep thinking about doing TurboBarre but have yet to act on that thought. I think it's b/c of the pain! :p

Hi Wiggie!

Where's Bridget been hiding?

BBL~:cool:

Hi girls!

I'm off work today so I just now finished my workout - Athletic Training. Always a sweatfest! :) Now i'm off to shower and then get a thirty minute massage. :D

BBL for personals!

Hello Again...

MIC Hi/Lo and 30 mins of YFTW are done! :D

Now it's time to take my MIL home and then get to housework/food shopping. Ugh. :rolleyes::p

Katie:: Enjoy your day off! A massage sounds WONDERFUL!!!!:)

BBIAB!:cool:

Back! :D

The massage was wonderful. I tried a new massage therapist my sister likes. She was very sweet (and cheap :D). My only complaint is that she didn't use enough pressure; next time i'll tell her to amp it up! :p

Wendy: So glad to hear you had a wonderful time (despite not bringing home the big winnings ;)). I'm glad I wasn't the only looking up at the "clean eating wagon" this past weekend trying to remember what it was like to be on that ride. :D:p Excellent workout this morning!! I've never heard of "The Game" but now i'm going to have to see if it is on Netflix. Enjoy the rest of your day, i'll be food shopping right along with you. :)

Kris: Awww, I hate when I just can't "get" into a workout. I completely understand your frustration. Like you said, at least you got your heartrate up! You gave it your best, and that's all that matters. :) I'm jealous of your pool party fun! ;):p I love your attitude about our clean eating (or lack thereof). :p I just made out my "menu" for the rest of the week and am off to the grocery store so hopefully we can all get back on track together!

Katie:: "The Game" is on Netflix (instant streaming or whatever that's called) coz that's where we rented from so enjoy! ;)

Good morning All!!

Today is my first day back at work :(, I took an extra day, which makes me want another extra day, you know how it is!!:p

I worked a high school football game Friday & actually had to work!! We transported 2 patients!! So I actually felt like I got a workout in.

Saturday's workout was Speed & Agility(45 min), Sunday's was Pump Revolution(55 min), Monday's was 30 minutes of CF & 30 minutes of Yoga X & Tuesday's was a 1 mile runn(outside), chased by Pump Extreme & later that evening Bliss Hips.

Wendy, glad you had a great time in AC!! I love SB, not crazy about SJP, I have MIC but I don't think I've ever done it. I don't usually care for "regular" floor aerobics.

Katie, that massage sounds wonderful!! We need to pamper ourselves every now & then, we deserve it!! :)

Kris, Step Works is another dvd I don't have, you must have all of Cathe's dvds!!

Have a great day All!! :D

Morning!

Today's workout was HiiT 40/20 + AC: Stability Balls Abs. Dang those one-leg pikes!!! :mad:

Wiggie: I hear ya on wanting another day off. I took an extra day too and hated getting up this morning for work. :eek::D Oh wow I hope your two patients from Friday night are doing okay! Scary!! Excellent workouts this past weekend. You got some good ones in there. ;)

Good Morning. :D

Already completed a 70 min Kundalini yoga work out this morning called Warrior Workout. Later today I will go for a run at the gym with DH. :)

The job search continues...applied for more jobs since getting home from the weekend away. Have yet to get a single response from one I've applied to. Keeping my fingers crossed though and trying to stay positive!!! APPLY APPLY APPLY is my motto!:p

Katie:: I admit to never making it food shopping y'day. :eek: Did you? Nice work out this morning! Look up "The Game" on Netflixx yet? When's your next massage? ;)

Wiggie:: Sorry you are back to work. :( Even though I am currently unemployed it has not been long enough for me to NOT remember how that feels! :p

Ok, time to hit the showers. BBL!:cool:

Hi ladies -

Yesterday I did 4DS Kickbox cardio premix (I used weighted gloves ala Wendy:) - really got a good sweat) I'm still planning my workout today, now I'm waiting for a phone call, figure I'll get into it and they will call, if I sit around waiting, they probably won't call til tomorrow, but I'll give it a little bit.

Hi Katie - Great job with 40/20 and AC and with AT yesterday! That AC stability ball one is tough! Way to go too on food shopping to get back on track! :) The massage sounds wonderful!

Hi Wendy - Welcome back - glad you had fun in AC! I'm sending positive thoughts for your job search - love the motto! Great Kundalini workout and MIC hi/lo and YFTW! Also great job with the SB/SJP premix! I think I did see that movie "The Game" before - it was a strange but good one, I remember pieces of it.

Hi Wiggie - wow, the football game must have been rough! You got some great workouts in this weekend (even without the transports!) Way to go! I own all of Cathe's workouts :eek: except CycleMax (oh and I gave my sister the beginner step and stretch ones hoping she'd get into them too :) Problem is, some i don't think I've done yet... or if I did them once that was it - lately I've been going back to some of those to make sure I have given them a shot before the new series comes... lol:)

I'll check back in a little later with my workout info today :)

Kris

Back after doing Turbo Barre - Lower Body Express premix - inspired by Katie! My legs are still shaking, lol, forgot how I feel TB.

Thanks to all you ladies for being such great ongoing inspiration!

Hope you all have a great evening,

Kris

Good Morning. :)

I banged out 3.25 miles doing an ITread y'day afternoon at the gym once DH got home.

Today's plan (so far) is a Terminator work out. Just not sure which one yet. Probably which ever one has the most weight work in it though...

So my DS starts 2nd grade today! I can't believe it!!! He's excited. He may not admit it but I mom can tell! ;)

Kris:: Yay for the weighted gloves with kickboxing. I LOVE doing that! Nice job with TB! That's another one I need to add to my "to do" list! Bring on the pain! :p So did you ever get your phone call? The phone inevitably rings while I am working out. I will check who is calling but the only one I will usually pick up for is DH. Everyone else can wait! :p

That's all for now. Be back after my work out!:cool:

Good morning All!!

Wednesday is my rest day so I didn't do a darn thing!!:p

Katie, I have never been able to do one leg pikes, I can barely do the two leg!!:D

Wendy, 3.25!! That's great!! I need to get up to five for the mud run & I also need to work on upper body strength. I know I can do 2.5 on the treadmill, but running outside seems harder. I only did one the other day. I am also working on my pull ups, well I should say chin ups. I can do several but not back to back. I stop after each one. Wow, 2nd grade!! Time does fly!!

Kris, I thought you must have Cathe's whole collection. I haven't done Turbo Barre in a while, I need pull it out soon.

Have a great day Everyone!! :)

Last edited:
Hello. :D

The Viper is done and OMG I forgot how hard it is!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:
I did it slightly out of order. It's set up like this: C&W cardio, Imax cardio, weights but I did it like this: C&W cardio, weights, Imax cardio, weights....just to be different! :p

Wiggie:: Thanks re: my run! Those obstacle course races have always intrigued me but up to now I've been too big of a chicken to give one a shot. Can't wait to hear what you think of it! I'm sure you'll do great!:)

Hi girls!

Today's workout was Afterburn. :eek::eek::eek: I'm resting tomorrow and then doing a whole week of nothing but yoga, stretching, and maybe abs here and there. I'm looking forward to the break!

Wendy: Viper, YIKES! That workout is so dang tough. Great idea to change up the order. Nice run too! You're rocking it lady! Awww, I hope your son has a wonderful first day school! Did you take pictures? :) I feel like I need another massage already! ;)

Wiggie: Now we're talking. Rest day = lazy day. :p;) That's me every rest day, lol! :D I'm so impressed that you can do chinups! I tried to do one once, epic failure. :eek::rolleyes: I can hang on a pullup bar for a few seconds, but that's about it.

Kris: Aw man another Cathlete doing KB workouts with weighted gloves. I need to quit being such a wimp and do that too. :eek::D Turbo Barre is soooo hard. Beforehand I always think "it's not that bad" and then about 15 minutes into the workout i'm dying. ;):p Keep up the excellent work!! You've really been on a roll lately, impressive!

Katie:: I am considering taking the yoga/stretching/recovery week with you next week. Would you like the company? We can motivate eachother to NOT cheat!;):p:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.