STS Body Rockers - October 2012 :)

Hi ladies!

The 5K went awesomely on Friday (despite the freezing temps and rain). Thanks for asking everyone. :) I ran the 5K in 32:11 minutes, which is 4 minutes faster than my best practice time. I think I could have shaved off another minute if I hadn't got stuck behind a bunch of walkers at the start. Oh well! :) Saturday I did Butts and Guts (minus the floor work section), I rested (again) on Sunday, and today I did Slide & Glide. S&G isn't my favorite Cathe workout, but I hadn't done it in months so I thought I would give it a shot. Still not a fav. :confused: But that's okay; they don't all have to be perfect. :p;)

Wendy: I hope you are SAFE and out of Sandy's direct path!!! Did you get a mandatory evacuation notice? My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I'm sure this is a trying time. How are you feeling? Any better? Were you able to get in a workout yesterday? Saturday's class sounds fun!! Did you pick up any nutrition tips to share? :p

Kris: Enjoy your time with your hubby while you've got him home. Your workouts will be there when he has to leave again. High five on him being closer to home though. That's fantastic!

Wiggie: Excellent workouts this past weekend. I'm not familiar with Short & Sweet by Mindy Mylrea but I do love me some short and sweet workouts, so i'll have to check that one out. :p;)

Wow Wendy, I overlooked that you are in Sandy's path. I hope you & your family stay safe, prayers & hugs to you & yours!

Good morning!!

Monday's workout was HIIT 30, Abs 10, & Stretch 10, all are a part of the Turbo Fire program.

Katie, I knew you would rock that 5k!!! I guess all your knee needed was rest. I think I've only done S&G once or twice, it's not a fave of mine either. I don't know why but I hate jumping jacks on the disc, I rather do them the old fashioned way. Of course then they couldn't be included in the low Impact Series. :p

Hi Kris!!

Hi Wendy, Hope all is well!!

Have a great day All!!

Morning gals!

Today's workout was HiiT 40/20. Yowza! I was barely breathing at the end. ;) I'm checking in from my phone so ill BBL for personals.

Hi ladies -

Jog/walk 30 minutes today for me with my dog:)

Hi Katie - woohoo on the 5K!! That's awesome! Great job with Hiit 40/20 and S&G, S&G is not my favorite either, not sure why.

Hi Wiggie - Great job on Hiit 30 and the abs and stretch
workouts! You and Katie are getting me thinking about those Hiits again:) Great workouts this weekend too!

Hi Wendy - I'm thinking about you, I hope all is ok. :(

Talk to you later,

Kris

Goog morning All!! :)

Tuesday's workout was Fire 60, no add ons.

Kris, a jog/walk is definitely a good workout, I need to do that more. I have been enjoying my spin bike more & more. I orderd a Spinervals workout, from lurking on the forums I learned that Brenda is on the one I ordered.

Wendy, I know your area got hit hard, I am praying that everything is ok with you.

Hi Katie!!

Have a great day everyone!! ;)

Hi ladies!

Today's workout was a portion of BM2. I did the warmup, blasts (including legs), upper body, abs (well, most of it, hehe), and the cooldown. Overall the workout took approximately 65 minutes. I find BM2 to be extremely tough, and was dripping sweat at the end!

Wendy: Still thinking about you! I sure hope you, your family, and your home are all okay!

Kris: Nice job getting in your walk/job this morning! You should absolutely pull out a HiiT workout soon. ;) Maybe we should have a day dedicated to HiiT and each do a HiiT workout. Sounds like fun to me! :D

Wiggie: We were both on the HiiT train yesterday, lol! :p;) I usually try to add on abs and extra stretching to a HiiT workout, but just wasn't feeling it yesterday. I've had a sore throat for the past 3 days and it is making me weary. ITA re: jumping jacks on the discs. They just feel awkward.

Good morning All!!

Wednesday's workout was Pump & Burn & Jillian Michael Body Rev # 2. Thursday's workout was AB premix 1-5, & Pump & Shred. I have 3 more weeks of maintenance then I will be awarded WW lifetime membership. I decided to just keep losing during this time to make sure I don't mess it up. :D My 6 weeks is up the Wednesday before Thanksgiving & then I won't have to weigh in but once a month. That will give me plenty of time to undo the Thanksgiving damage! :p

Katie, great job on BM2, I have the original & I like it alot. I think scheduling a HIIT day sounds good to me!! How's that sore throat?

Hi Kris!!

Wendy, we hope to hear from you soon, very worried.

Have a great day!!

Last edited:
Hi Girls.

Communication of any sort has been next to impossible until last night when my cell phone started working a bit better. I was able to get on the internet (FB) a little bit from my phone but the house we are staying in (DH's cousin) still has no power/internet/heat. Right now I am at the office my mom works in where they actually have power so I figured I would check in real quick.

My town was devastated by Sandy. My house in particular was spared due to our crawl space. There was major flooding in the area and luckily the water didn't make it into the first floor of our house because of the crawl space. My neighbors were not so lucky. There is a boardwalk/amusement park down the road from me that was destroyed. There is mud, and debris everywhere. You can't even see sidewalk or asphault in a lot of areas because the mud is just caked on everything from the flooding. I almost cried as we drove through town. I am, however, thankful my house was spared. We do have to check for foundation damage though but I'll take it!

Ok, that's all I have time for. We are safe and hoping for power to be restored soon. Not sure when we will return home though.

Take care and I'll be back as soon as I can!

Hi girls.

No workout for me yesterday, and none yet today. I've been skipping workouts like crazy lately. :eek: My plan is to do Cardio Supersets after work today. Fingers crossed it actually happens! :D:rolleyes:

Wiggie: Nice job getting in your workouts. Congrats on the WW lifetime membership!!! That's so exciting. You are definitely going to make your goal. My throat is still sore. I wish it would just go away. :(

Wendy: Whew, so glad to hear from you!! I was really worried about you. I'm so very sorry to hear about your home and town. It's great your home got spared for the most part, but i'm sure the overall destruction is still devastating. If there is anything I can do to help please don't hestitate to ask! My thoughts and prayers are with you girlie.

Happy Saturday!!

I was a good Cathlete and got in my workout (Cardio Supersets) after work yesterday. This morning I did To The Max. Geez, it was tough! :D After I got cleaned up I went to the annual pancake breakfast at my parents' church and this evening I'm attending a surprise birthday party for a friend. Overall a good Saturday.

BBL!

Hello All!!

Friday's workout was JM Body Rev #3 & Saturday's was Athletic Step, loved it!!

Wendy, so sorry about what you're going through, & very grateful that you & yours are ok.

Katie, thanks re WW, & take care of that throat!! Sounds like you're having a fun Saturday!!

Hi Kris!

Enjoy what's left of the weekend!!

Hello Ladies.

At mom's for a while today. She got power back around 1am yesterday morning. Taking DS and a couple other kids to the only poor excuse for Trick or Treating that is available this year thanks to the storm in a few minutes...

Still out of power where we are staying and at home as well. DH's cousin got the generator hooked up to his furnace though so we've actually had decent heat since last night there!

Had to stop at the house for a few things this morning so I picked up a few work out outfits, sneakers and a pair of kettlebells. I'm going to do what I can, washing machine or not! I am going nuts not being able to work out on top of the horrible eating I've been doing!:eek: Damage control is DEFINITELY going to be required when this is all over! :rolleyes: Thank goodness I never cancelled my WW memebership!:eek:

Ok, just wanted to pop in and say hi. Be back when I can!:cool:

Wow Wendy your dedication to fitness is amazing!! With all you are going through you are still trying t get that workout in!! That really proves you are preparing for the right line of work. I hope you get power soon. My Aunt used to live in NJ, & she said the area she lived in was destroyed.

Today's workout ( Sunday) was 30 minutes of Cycle Max before church & HIIT 20 & Abs when I got back.( after eating of course).

Great workouts Katie!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.