STS Body Rockers - October 2012 :)

Hi Ladies,

Today was SJP, that leg work... ouch, on my poor already ouchy legs, enough said :eek::confused: Tomorrow is 40/20 and Ab Circuits - no equipment.... we'll see how that goes - lol!

Hi Katie - Great job with the HIS/LIS cardio and abs! Great job mixing it up too! :) Yeah, Leaner Legs is tough, but you'll bust it out, no doubt :)

Hi Wendy - great workouts - that Kettlebell one sounds like a doozie :eek: Great job getting in the Kundalini too!

Hi Wiggie - great workouts this week! Happy belated anniversary too! And way to go on being right at lifetime in WW! That's awesome!

Hope you all have a great evening, talk to you tomorrow!

Kris

Morning!

Today's workout was 4DS: All Upper Body. Yowza!! No matching Cathe's weight on this one, lol! :p;) I was so worn out by the end I was struggling to finish, but I did it. :D

Wendy: Excellent workout mix yesterday. It sounds very tough. I love it when i'm gross at the end of a workout. :D It's just evidence of hard work. ;) A PB&J sandwich sounds delicious! I haven't had one in forever.

Kris: Geez lady you've been done some loooong workouts lately. SJP, BM2, etc. :p;) I don't think i've ever done SJP in its entirety. Hmm.... HiiT 40/20 is rough on the legs. Good luck with it today!! You're going to do great of course. :)

Insanity-Max Interval Sport Training is DONE!:D

Eating my orange trying to decide if I have any energy left for a short yoga or extra stretching routine...:eek:

Katie:: 4DS ub premix is looong and you talk about Kris' long work outs!? :p Isn't that premix atleast like 80 mins?? :eek: Great job pushing thru and getting it done girl!!! OMG I love peanutbutter so a pb n j sandwich and I are not strangers by any means but I use natural pb and a lower sugar variety of jelly and I measure out just one TB of each. :)

Kris:: Great job with SJP. I am not a fan of the hi/lo in that work out so I tend to not reach for it but in the recent past I did a premix of it that did not include the hi/lo and really enjoyed it! How'd today's work out go? Were your legs screamin'? ;)

Wiggie:: I expect to hear that you did some yoga soon, young lady!;)

Ok my orange is eaten and I am passing on the extra yoga/stretching crap today!:p LOL

Time for a shower! BBIAB!:cool:

Good morning All!!

My workout Tuesday was Turbo Jam Cardio Party III. I haven't done that one in years, it used to be a favorite. It's still alot of fun.

I went to my weigh in this morning & I lost 1.2lbs!! I am now officially on maintainance. We also have a Thanksgiving challenge going on, we pledged to lose 1/2 pound every week until Thanksgiving. Just about everyone signed up.

Katie & Wendy, I'll be glad to clean your houses, but let me warn you, I'm expensive & I don't do dishes or windows!! :p

Kris, I've never done all of SJP, I don't really care for hi-lo so I always skip those parts!!

Have a great day Ladies!! :)

Hi there!

Today I did 40/20 and AC - No equipment abs as planned. That said, I modified 40/20 quite a bit due to my poor screaming legs... :eek:

Hi Wendy - Insanity Max Interval Sport Training huh? Sounds killer! :eek:

Hi Katie - 4DS All Upper body sounds tough tough - I haven't done that one - I think I'm scared to :eek: You definitely get some long workouts in regularly, I usually do the short ones :eek::rolleyes:

Hi Wiggie - WOOOOHOOOO on the weight loss! Way to go lady - that's great, officially on maintenance! You're doing awesome, great workout too!!

Hope you all have a great evening,

Kris

Good morning!!

Wednesday's workout was Pump Extreme & Namaste Yoga(I kept my promise Wendy). I have a game tonight so I won't get to workout today.

Kris, thank you for the anniversary well wishes, I've been married 4 years, I think all of you have been married much longer? I'm excited to be on maintenance, I think I'm going to go a little lower to make it easier to stay within my 2 pounds. 40/20 is killer, even with modifications!!

Katie, I've done 4DS all upper before, great workout but sooo long, I've only done it once. Way to go!!

Wendy, great job on Insanity, all of those workouts are hard!! I've done them all but not as a rotation, remember my rotatation A.D.D? It hasn't improved at all!! :eek:

Have a great day Ladies!! ;)

Good Morning. :)

My legs are telling me to skip the bells today and I think I want to do more then yoga alone so I plan to head to the gym for a run in a bit...

Wiggie:: Congrats on the weight loss and great job on the yoga! That's my girl!;) I did the Insanity rotation (with a few of my own minor tweaks) when I first bought the set a few years ago. It kicked my azz and I lost 5# so I was happy!:p It got me down to a new low weight at the time which thrilled me ofcourse! :D IDK if I could do another true rotation of it but I still think they are excellent work outs if you want your azz kicked w/o having to use equipment or worry about fancy choreography!:) LOL-I completely understand your A.D.D. woes girl. I'm right there with ya most of the time!:eek:

Kris:: Nice job on your work out. So when your legs were screaming at you, what exactly were they saying? ;):p LOL

That's all for now but BBL!:cool:

Howdy!!

Today's workout was.......Leaner Legs. :eek: I blame Kris for subjecting me to that torture session. Okay, not really. :p;) I know this sounds crazy, but I felt like my hands/arms were giving out trying to hold the weight before my legs. I don't have a barbell (still) so maybe it was just trying to hold heavy(ier) dumbbells with tired arms from yesterday's upper body workout. I dunno. :confused:

Wiggie: YAY on the weight loss!!! That's fantastic. I'm so happy for you. :) I haven't lost a pound in MONTHS! :(:confused: But hearing about your weight loss is motivating me to try harder. :) Ahhhh, Namaste Yoga. That sounds absolutely wonderful. I love those yoga workouts. Have I told you that before? :p;) Only like a gazillion times. :D

Kris: I was starting to think your legs were made of steel (PLB, LL, and then 40/20 = crazy talk). :p;) I must admit I love working my lower body. DH commented the other day that my legs have never looked better (I took that as a compliment as opposed to "wow, your legs really got fat there for awhile", LOL).

Wendy: Tehehe, yeah 4DS Upper Body premix is kinda long (70 minutes I think). You called me out on that one, lol! ;) I love peanut butter too! Have you ever tried Trader Joe's cookie butter? It's amazingly delicious. Enjoy your run/yoga combo!

Hello. :)

Okay it took a while but I finally finished my work out...a 2 mile steady state run and CLX:: Recharge (20 mins) are finally done! :rolleyes:

Well, I finally got in touch with the agency about that collections supervisor position they called me about. Not a good fit but she will keep me in mind if anything should turn up that suits me better in the future. At this point I really can't rule anything out even if it means I end up having to start PT'ing part time while I work f/t else where. I'd rather not do it that way but may not have a choice...Time will tell....

Katie:: Sounds like my sore legs are in good company these days! First w/Kris and now you who undoubtedly be singing the praises (and the pains!) of DOMS tmrw! LOL Great job!:D Thankfully I do not live a Trader Joe's so thankfully I have never tried the pb that you speak of! Sounds evil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Ok, gotta skeedaddle to p/u the kiddo soon so off I must go for now!

Ciao!:cool:

Hi there ladies!

Busy, busy here, but Thursday I did get S&G done. Yesterday was a rest day - though I spent the afternoon cleaning my kitchen - we have these pot shelves that desperately needed attention - have to get a ladder to get at them - so after that was all done, I kind of felt like I'd worked out :eek::rolleyes:. Haven't done a workout yet today - it's 5:40 a.m. :) , but I'll get something done in a bit. I've deviated from the rotation I'd started, I was having a tough time getting those long workouts in on workdays... Not sure if I'll jump back in to it (maybe subbing some premixes in for the full workouts the rotation calls for) or something else, I am with Wiggie on the rotation ADD. :eek:

Hi Wendy - Great job with your run, Recharge and Insane abs! Sorry the job wasn't a good fit, but great way to look at things and keep your options open. When does the class start? Today I'm thinking? How exciting, can't wait to hear about it!

Hi Katie - Great job with LL! Thanks for joining me in the leg agony:) I think that's a great compliment from your hubby! Yum - cookie butter sounds yummy - hmmmm... I do have a Trader Joe's here... I better stay away, I'd probably eat the whole jar, I really have to get back on track with my eating, I'm really struggling (again) with that :(

Hi Wiggie - Great job with Pump Extreme and Yoga! How was the game? I've been married 13 years, it's hard to believe, time goes fast! I'm so impressed by your dedication to your workouts and eating - you're an inspiration for me!

Hope you all have a great day - it's close to daylight so headed out shortly with DD (dear dog) for a hike and that see what workout I'll get done :) Donating some more stuff (how did I get so much stuff?) today and then my BIL birthday dinner tonight at my SIL's house.

Kris

I am on lunch break but I guess no one is around. :( Class is good! Lecture portion is over for today. Moving onto practical after the break! :)

Good Morning Ladies!:)

Well, class was very good. I took lots of notes and I even stayed awake for the whole thing! :p During the practical portion we practiced using body fat calipers on each other and the tape measure. Those calipers are going to take some practice I tell you! :confused:

I didn't work out. It was my rest day.

After I got home from class (he let us out early at just after 3 coz he was done with that day's information) DH, DS and I went out bike shopping. DS has one but DH and I want to buy so we can all ride together on a trail by our house. Well we went to several stores but only found bikes we liked at one. Well that one store had awful customer service. DH couldn't find an employee on the floor to help us so we left. :( We did see other nice bikes but they were in stores like Sports Authority and completely over-priced. :rolleyes:

We were supposed to eat dinner at home but were out so long bike shopping that we were all starving so we ended up stopping at a diner for dinner. So much for eating right. :rolleyes: I had a veggie burger and sweet potatoe fries. Very good and I guess not the worst thing on the menu but I wouldn't have eaten nearly as much if I made the same meal at home! :eek:

Not sure what today's work out will be. The schedule calls for bells though so I guess that's what I should do and hopefully some yoga. Got 2 new yoga dvds in the mail y'day! ;) One is Kundalini and one is traditional. Can't wait to try them! :)

Kris:: Sorry I made it seem like you didn't count when I said no one was around y'day. :eek::p I forgot you had posted. I was logged in from my phone and it's just not the same! :rolleyes: Anyway, good job on S&G! Did you ever get a work out in y'day? I actually mildly enjoy cleaning my kitchen. For some reason it gives me the biggest sense of accomplishment. My bathroom does too but it's just not the same-I hate cleaning bathrooms! :confused:

Ok, that's all for now...BBL if anyone is around!:cool:

Last edited:
Hello All!

It took me all weekend to finally get on the internet!! I tried yesterday & after a while I just gave up!!

Friday's workout was Intensity, I don't remember enjoying it so much! I've always liked it but it just seemed I smiled the whole time. The music is sooo good. I wish Cathe would give the option of pumping up the music, I've suggested it several times, but I guess that's something that doesn't appeal to her. That is my only complaint concerning that dvd, music is not loud enough!! :)

Wendy, so glad you enjoyed your first class. That is a very good sign!! ;) I don't blame you for leaving that store, you shouldn't have to beg people to help you when you come to spend money! :p Veggie burger & sweet potatoe fries, that does sound yummy!! I say you've earned the occassional splurge, don't you agree? I haven't decided on a workout for today yet either, I'm leaning toward Cycle Max, we'll see.

Kris, great job with Kitchen Max!! ;) Congrats on 13 years!! The soccer game was good, no injuries. :p I often make up a generic rotation based on Cathe's, I just can't do it any other way! Thanks re the weight loss & eating, I can't say it's always easy, but buying smaller clothes motivates me a lot. I went to Sears this weekend(was actually working at their Safety Event) & they had a clearance sale. I bought 9 dresses, yes 9! After markdowns they were 6.50 each. They were size 6, I have NEVER worn a size 6 as an adult. So needless to say I'm very happy :)

Katie, thanks re the weight loss. You guys motivate me more than you'll ever know. As for you not losing weight, in my opinion a size 4 doesn't need to lose weight! ;) I know you say you're not tiny, but you'll never convince me of that. :p I've never heard of cookie butter, but it sounds delish!!

Enjoy what's left of your weekend Ladies!!

Saturday's workout was Fire 30 & Sunday's workout was Low Impact Circuit, hadn't done that one in a while. It has a music loud option!! :p

Last edited:
Hi ladies.

Sorry i've been MIA this past weekend. No workout on Friday or Saturday. Friday was my rest day. Saturday I just felt bad. I think I was starting to get a stomach bug, but my body fought it off. But nonetheless I just felt weak on Saturday and my stomach was queasy. So I spent most of Saturday on the couch. Yesterday I felt much better so I did Patrick's Lean Hot Body. Excellent workout!! My bum is feeling it this morning! ;) It's so hard because he never gives breaks. I added on 4-5 10/30 second breaks just to get a drink of water and catch my breath.

Today I think i'm going to do Step Blast. Fun stuff! :) I've got the day off work so this afternoon my parents and I are going to visit Bourbon Distilleries in the area. I live in bourbon country but have never been to a distillery. :eek:

Wendy: Glad to hear your class went well!!!! Staying awake is always a good thing. :p;) How many weeks is your class? 7-8? I can't believe that bike store! What jerks. Smart move to walk out. I would have too fo sho. :) I'm thinking of buying a pair of body calipers. Have you checked online to see if any of the bikes you like are available?? You might be able to find a good deal.

Wiggie: Boo on internet problems. That's got to be extremely frustrating. I love Intensity too! It's one of my all time favs. It's hard, but each individual segment isn't too long, so the workouts goes by fast. I've gained a little of the weight back so i'm more a 4/6. The worst is the belly flab. There's so much of it. :eek::( You got some awesome steals at Sears!! I love a good deal. :)

Kris: I did a little Kitchen Max myself yesterday. :p;) I struggle to do long workouts on weekdays too. Usually 65 minutes is my max. I just can't get up any earlier. :rolleyes: How did your hike go? I LOVE hiking! I'm hoping to go hiking in Red River Gorge soon. I look forward to it every fall.

Hello Ladies. :)

It's lunch time! Bon Apetite! Although it's not like I'm eating anything fancy...the usual boring turkey on a wrap for me! :p

This morning's work out was Aim True Yoga's 25 min Beginner Flow plus work out #2 from Kettlebell Dynamics (20m) and then I went food shopping. When DH gets home from work though, I will run while he does his weight work out at the gym! :)

Wiggie:: Insanity is tough! Congrats to you for being able to smile through it! :eek: Oh yes, ofcourse an occassional splurge is fine but the diner meal wasn't my ONLY splurge this past weekend. :eek: Oh man, internet issues are sooooooo annoying as are just plain old slow computer issues! I feel your pain! :mad:

Katie:: Aw man sorry about feeling gross over the weekend. What a bummer. :( Great job on Lean Hot Body! I bought one of Patrick's step work outs and failed miserably at it. I also bought one or two of his stability ball work outs but didn't really have sufficient room to do them correctly. His circuit style stuff looks good but having had 2 fails with him already I'm a bit gun shy. :eek: Maybe I will check out Netflixx to see if any of his stuff is on there! :) As for my PT course, there are 5 actual classes and then the 6th class is the exam. We actually looked online to try and get the bikes we liked but they send them in the box. No option to have them put together even if you are willing to pick them up at the store and DH wasn't wanting to do it himself. Can't say I blame him! :eek: Ended up scoring our bikes y'day afternoon between 2 different stores and we both rode with DS for about 20 minutes a piece by my mom's house before dinner so DS got a 40m ride out of it. He was happy! :) I used to have calipers that I had gotten as part of a BeachBody program I ordered. Never knew the right way to use them though so eventually they got filed under "G"! :p So where are you and DH in the adoption process? Haven't seen any updates in a while...

Ok, I gotta hustle...making dinner ahead of time today so that when we get back from the gym later on we have a good meal to eat that won't have to be cooked! Just heat n serve!

BBL or ITAM!:cool:

Stoping back by to report that Step Blast is done!! The "step" portion wasn't that hard for me, but the blast section about took me out, lol! :)

Well, my bourbon distillery trip got cancelled. My mom wasn't feeling up to it, and I didn't want to go if she wasn't feeling 100%. I'd rather go when she can actually enjoy herself.

Wendy: Nice workout! Yoga sounds sooo relaxing right now. Since I have nothing else to do today now I might do a short yoga practice this afternoon. YAY on the bikes!! I'm so glad you were able to get and enjoy them yesterday. I did a Patrick step routine on fittv once and loved it...but it wasn't that hard (cardio wise, not step wise). I also did one of his stability ball workouts and didn't particularly care for it. I bought Lean Hot Body on a whim (I think someone on the Boards recommended it) and it is TOUGH. The first time I did it I had to take several 2-3 minute breaks. This time was still tough but doable. Patrick uses 1 set of "heavy dumbbells" and 1 set of "medium dumbbells" but he doesn't tell you what weight he is using (Cathe has completely spoiled me in this regard). I used three different dumbbell sets - 15#, 12# and 8#. I went as heavy as I could without sacrificing my form. Anyway, if you can find this workout on Netflix or for cheap, I highly recommend it! No adoption updates. :( We are just still waiting to be matched. I must admit i'm starting to lose hope a little bit. :confused: Our homestudy expires in December so we have to update all our documents, have another home visit, etc. Plus pay more money. It's frustrating.

BBT! :)

Hello Ladies. :)

Yesterday afternoon I ran 3.6 miles to a portion of ITread 60mins #2 while DH did his weight work out at the gym.

This morning I did a 30 min segment from my new Kundalini dvd first because I was tight from not stretching properly after the bells and the run I did y'day! :eek: The dvd is called Total Tune Up. The segment is called Warm up and Open up. I followed that up with a 40m kettlebell work out - The Kettlebell Way Volume 2 The Empire State and used Muscle Max for the final stretch. Later on I will do some bike riding with DS if it's not freezing outside and he wants to go...:)

Katie:: So did you get some yoga in y'day afternoon? Glad you enjoyed Step Blast. That's a good one for me coz the choreography is my speed. Too bad you didn't get to the distillery but you are right - wait until mom feels better! How is she today? Have you spoken to her? Hope she's up to snuff soon!!! Sorry you are still waiting on the adoption front :( and then you may have to pay more fees on top of it!?!? OY! :eek::rolleyes: I am definitely going to check out the work outs on Netflix. I don't remember that they offer exercise dvds and when I do if I don't check it out right away then I forget again! :rolleyes::p

BBL!:cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.