STS Body Rockers - October 2012 :)

ricklyk1

Cathlete
Hi girls!

Getting us started for October (even though it's a day early). :)

Today's workout will (hopefully) consist of abs + a 3 mile run/jog. I'll probably spend a little quality time with my foam roller this afternoon too. After that it's lunch and grocery shopping. I'm hoping this afternoon to try my hand at making homemade apple cider (my favorite fall drink). I'll let you know how it goes!

Wendy: Nice run yesterday! I need to check out ITread for when it's to cold to run outside. How did your dinner turn out last night? I love fish tacos!

Hi ladies,

Yesterday I did 1/2 of Step Fit, midway my DH came in and was talking to me so I quit and then couldn't really get back into it. That was one I'm not sure I've done before, so I'll have to finish it up or do the whole thing another time - I had given myself permission to slack this weekend, so glad I got a couple of workouts in anyway - I also did jog/walk each day. I just got back from dropping DH off at the airport to go back to Texas :( So quiet here again with him gone. Not sure what I'm going to do for a rotation next - I still have a couple of workouts to make sure I've tried - Body Max (original) and the Hardcore Extreme workouts (there are 3 of them). I may just try to get those done this next week or 2 and insert some others in there. Or I may do either September or the upcoming October rotation, we'll see :) (Or maybe something totally different - I'm wishy washy right now:eek::p)

Hi Katie - can't wait to hear about the apple cider! Hope it goes well! How did your workout go? Great job on your running too!

Hi Wendy - yum - fish tacos are delicious, hope dinner went well! Great job with the run for you too! Love the plan to use the dixie cups when you're creating workouts! Who knew those little things could create such DOMS!

Hi Wiggie - hope you had a great weekend!

Have a great evening everyone,

Kris

Hi Wendy - saw you posted at the same time as me on the September thread :) Great job with the Amy Bento kettlebell workout! Hope dinner with DS and DH was nice!

Kris

Good Morning Ladies. :)

Today's work out plan is something ala' Insanity and yoga.

Katie:: Dinner was delicious on Saturday night! How'd the cider turn out??

Kris:: Great job squeezing in whatever work outs you could while DH was home. LOL re being wishy washy about a work out plan. I know what that's like! :p

Wiggie:: Not sure when you are returning from your trip but I hope you had or are still having a good time!:D

BBL!:cool:

Ab section from Kettlebell Dynamics (10m)
2/3's of Insanity:: Max Interval Plyo (45m)
Kundalini Bliss Hips:: Heart Center Set (37m)

DONE!:D

Hi gals!

Today's workout was Muscle Max. I matched Cathe's weight and reps except for one arm rows (I don't have a 25# dumbbell), shoulder work with the band, and abs. I got a new band a few weeks ago and I haven't had a chance to use it until today. WOW! It's soooo much harder than my old stretched out band. I was missing reps all over the place, lol. I also hate the MM ab section. There isn't a single easy ab exercise in the segment. :mad::eek: In reality I should probably do the MM ab segment more often. :D:rolleyes:

Kris: Awwww I hate that DH had to go back to Texas so soon! :( It seems like he just got home. I've never even heard of Step Fit, lol! How does it compare to Cathe's other step workouts? Yesterday's run went great! Probably my best one yet, even though I still find it very challenging. My left knee is bothering me though, so i'm thinking about getting a knee brace. I just put together a new rotation consisting of full body/circuit workouts and running with a few cross-training cardio workouts sprinkled in here and there. Care to join me? ;)

Wendy: Yikes, today's workout mix looks killer. You still breathing over there? :p;) Well, the cider was a bust. I don't have an apple press, so had to use a different method. The cider is just okay. I like strong cider, and it tastes kind of watery; not enough apple taste. Oh well! Live and learn right? :p Last night I made the butternut squash soup you made the other night. Delicious!!! Of course DH didn't care for it, but he never likes anything even halfway healthy. :rolleyes:

Hi Wiggie!

Hello Ladies. :)

Dinner is made (sausage n peppers made with turkey sausage) but my boys went to the store so I am just awaiting their return so we can eat!!!!

Tomorrow's work out will be a kettlebell work out I think...or maybe a run...IDK...whichever I'm in the mood for when the time comes!:p I will also ofcourse, do some yoga or a good stretch! Wednesday is either yoga only or a rest day for sure!

Katie:: The Insanity work out was killer for sure! I wasn't a big fan of the ab work in KB Dynamics. It had three moves in it and I only truly felt the final one in my core. The yoga was a mixture of work and relaxation...So overall it was a good mix of really hard, moderately hard, not so hard an ez. LOL :) Sorry your attempt at apple cider didn't work out well. You know this just means that you must go out and get an apple press now! ;) Glad you liked the soup! I can't believe your DH wasn't a fan! Shame on him :p , but that means more for you! ;) Nice job on MM! So now you want to do only EZ abs!?! You should be ashamed of yourself, woman!:eek: LOL :p;) Ever do the abs in High Reps? Now that's some tough ab work! So is PUB abs...especially if you wait until AFTER the upper body work to do it!:eek:

BBITAM!:cool:

Hi there ladies,

After much hemming and hawing I decided to start Cathe's October rotation - so today was Turbo Barre - man my support leg feels that one... wow :eek: My hamstrings were still a bit tender from TBT LB on Friday :eek:, so it was extra ouchy.

Hi Katie - Great job on MM, and matching Cathe's weights! Wow! I don't come close usually! Dang I set up my rotation calendar before I saw your post, I'd love to see that rotation though! Did you post it out on Workout Manager? Sorry the apple cider didn't work out - next time I bet it's great! My DH doesn't usually go for anything healthy either :( Hope the knee brace helps you, hate to have something like knee pain make workouts uncomfortable :(

Hi Wendy - great mix of workouts for you again today! Your dinner plan sounds yummy too!

Hi Wiggie!

Hope you all have a great night!

Kris

Hi Katie - realized I didn't answer your question about Step Fit :eek: It's one of the 3 workouts on Cardio Hits - it is probably easier choreography than some of the newer ones, still tough for me, but probably easier for those folks like you who are coordinated:) It's about 70 minutes long. Also, great job on your run - love that it was your best yet!

Have a great evening ladies,

Kris

Good Morning. :)

I am now the proud owner of a severely overpriced 600+ page text book entitled "Fitness Professional's Handbook". I went to the college to pick up it y'day afternoon. I could have ordered it but then that already severley overpriced book would be $10 MORE for shipping!:confused: Thanks but no thanks!:rolleyes: I also could have purchased and E-book for half the price but I don't have an e-reader and I can barely get through a magazine article on the pc let alone reading chapters of a book! Only other option would be to print out the pages before reading them and I'm not doing that either!:eek:
Anyway, it's the required textbook for my certification course. It's suggested that you read 4 chapters before the first class so I started reading y'day before dinner...

Not sure what today's work out will be...it's a toss up between a run and kettlebells. Might do both if I can't decide...;)

Kris:: Great job with TB! That sure is a burner! I have a love/hate relationship with that work out!:p What is it with all the men who won't eat healthy meals?? :eek: Left on his own my DH would surely opt for the "crap" too but if I'm cooking then he has no choice!;) He has liked almost everything I've made and on the rare occassion he isn't crazy about it then I'm usually not either so it's ok. :) How about not telling hubby that it's healthy!!?? Ignorance is bliss!;) LOL

My work out is done!

I decided on Insanity's Cardio Abs (17m) + the full body premix from The Kettlebell Goddess Work Out w/some extra bi and tri work added on the end for good measure! :)

I will do a full length yoga work out and run tmrw!

BBL~:cool:

Jeez...It's awful lonely in here today...:(

I am doing my "homework" for my pt certification class-reading the suggested chapters before the class even starts. I want to get as much use out of this costly textbook as I can!!!!:eek: If I finish reading the chapters before the first class next Saturday then I will start reading them again!:p

Hope everyone is doing well and someone stops by to say hi soon!

AHHHHH!!! I typed out my whole post and it disappeared, AGAIN! I hate my DH's laptop. It always does this crap. GRRRRR!

Okay, temper-trantum is over. Today's workout was LIC: Cardio Blast Premix + Abs + stretching with my foam roller. Overall, a solid workout.

Wendy: Textbooks are so freaking (and ridiculously) expensive! I'm impressed you are reading your chapters ahead of time. Starting on the right foot with the right frame of mind. You are so going to rock that class!! Excellent workout today! And look at you adding on that extra tri and bi work you little over-achiever! :p;)

Kris: Thanks so much for your detailed thoughts on Step Fit! Hmmm, I think i'm going to hold off on that one for awhile. I have so many step workouts (and I love every. single. one). :) TB is soooo dang tough! But you did it! I didn't realize Cathe had posted an October rotation. Now i've got to go check it out! My running/full body/circuit rotation is in the workout manager but not as an official rotation (if that makes sense, lol). I'll post it here in case you want to check it out later.

Sat - PUB
Sun - 3 mile run + Abs
Mon - Muscle Max
Tue - LIC Cardio Blast Premix + Abs
Wed - High Step Challenge
Thurs - 2 mile run + Abs + Stretching
Fri - Rest

Sat - Terminator:Viper
Sun - 3 mile run + Abs
Mon - SuperSets
Tue - 4DS: Double Cardio (either both step wos or KB/BC) + Abs
Wed - 4DS: All Upper Body Premix
Fri - Rest

Sat - Muscle Endurance
Sun - 3 mile run + Abs
Mon - Drill Max
Tue - Step Blast + Abs
Wed - Bob's Workout 1&2
Fri - Rest

Sat - Patrick's Lean Hot Body
Sun - 3 mile run + Abs
Mon - Push/Pull
Tue - 2 mile run + Abs + Stretching
Wed - CTX: All Upper Body Premix
Thurs - Rest
Fri - 5K Race

Good Morning Girls. :)

I am going shopping and to lunch with my mom today so I have to be out of this house by 10am at the latest. This means that I can't put off a work out forever like I've been doing lately. :rolleyes: Today's plan is a.m. yoga and a p.m. run.

Katie:: OMG I hate when long posts disappear!!!! I feel your pain and feel it is totally tantrum-worthy!;) LMAO at your remarks regarding my reading up for class ahead of time and the bell work out I did y'day. You are too funny! :D You have a nice rotation created! I am trying to decide if I think you will dump it once you check out Cathe's Oct rotation though!:p Enjoy whatever you decide on!

Hi All. :)

This morning's yoga was Kundalini Warrior Workout in full-about 75 mins. Felt great!:D

Back from shopping, lunch and picking up DS from school. Gym is next stop around 4pm with DH.

Shopping was fun. I got about $20 worth of stuff for $5 because my mom had coupons for the store we went to! :D I picked up this really pretty inexpensive wide bangle bracelet. Outer edge is rimmed in silver (not real I am sure) and the inside is an animal pattern colored in black, purple and silver. It's super sharp looking! I also bought a pair of silly fuzzy white sleep shorts with hello kitty on them just because I thought they were adorable and thought they looked cozy. Lastly, I bought an inexpensive piece of work out equipment. It's a small round rotating balanace board (they call it a twist board) with resistance tubing attached to it. I normally don't buy seemily "cheesey" fitness items like this but it looked kinda cool n fun and it was certainly cheap enough! :p Also don't forget that I am the one who first decided to buy a hula hoop!LOL Which I've been meaning to start using again! It's been too long!:(

Ok, that's all for now...BBL or ITAM!:cool:

Hello All!!

Well we had a wonderful tme in Atlanta!! The wedding was beautiful, & so was the reception. They tried to talk us into staying a couple of days longer since we don't see each other very often, but we came home Sunday. My sister in law is a breast cancer survivor, so she wore a beautiful pink wedding gown.

I've been working out the whole time, this is what I've done: Thursday I didn't work out, Friday /Fire 55EZ, Saturday/Fire 60, Sunday/Pump & Burn, Body Rev #6 & #7, Monday/Fire 45 EZ & Fire 45 & Tuesday/Cycle Max Extreme & Fire 30. When I'm off I usually workout twice.

Wendy, very smart of you to start on your reading, I know you are going to do well!! Sounds like your shopping spree was a success!!

Katie, your rotaton sounds tough!!

Kris, sorry your Hubby had to leave, so good of you to share him with family & friends!!

I have yet to finish reading the Sept thread, but looks like you Ladies have been busy! I missed "talking to you! :)

Good Morning!:)

Back to report a 3.70 mile run at the gym y'day afternoon!

Today's plan is a kbell work out and stretching/yoga.

Wiggie....Aaaaah, your sister's wedding! Sorry-I couldn't recall why you were headed to Atlanta but glad to hear it was a wonderful reason!!! That's such an awesome idea to wear a pink dress as a breast cancer survivor. Good for her! Great work outs!

Morning girls!!

Yesterday's workout was High Step Challenge and today's workout was a 2 mile run + a session with my foam roller. I feel a wee bit guilty not doing more this morning. :eek:

Wiggie: Welcome back! Glad to hear you had a great time in Atlanta. I LOVE that your sister wore a pink wedding dress. That's just awesome. Are your "Fire" workouts part of TurboFire? TurboFire is a kickboxing-type workout regime correct? You would think I would know all this by now, lol! :eek::p;)

Wendy: Okay, now you're just making me look bad. 75 minutes of yoga + a 3.7 mile run??? You're putting my measly 2 mile run to shame! :p;) Excellent shopping finds! I'm a sucker for a good deal. Plus i'm kind of cheap, so anytime I can get cool jewelry, clothes, or shoes for a good price i'm tickled pink. :D I checked out Cathe's October rotation but decided to stick with mine for now. I've got my first "official" 5K race on October 27th so I want to make sure i'm running 1-2 a week until then.

Hi Kris!!!!

Hi there ladies,

Sorry I've been absent here lately, but I have been exercising:) Tuesday was BM2 (tough to get a 90 minute workout done on a workday, but I did it) and yesterday was Hiit 30/30 and Ab Circuits - W&P (holy moly those plate moves are hard :eek: )

Hi Katie - I love the rotation you put together, I'll check that one out down the road - when you say Bob's workouts 1&2, which ones are those? Great workouts you've gotten in lately!

Hi Wendy - great job with getting that reading done early - wow $600 for a textbook, crazy! I hear you though about e books, I can't read that way either. Great job with your workouts too! Congratulations too on the shopping finds!

Hi Wiggie - welcome back! Wow, I'm impressed with the workouts you got done while you were away! Love that your sister in law wore a pink wedding gown!

Hope you all have a great day!

Kris

Hello!

Hmmm...I seem to be avoiding my work out like the plague! I am doing EVERYTHING but! What's up with that!?!? :eek::rolleyes::confused::eek:

Katie:: LOL. Sorry I made ya feel like a slacker. Truth be told I was really only supposed to do yoga y'day but I decided to go to the gym to make sure DH went. He's been on the downslide with his gym visits the past few weeks and I'd hate to see him completely fall apart. It was my wifely duty to sacrafice for the sake of his well being. ;):p That being said, along with the fact that I obviously am not in a work out kinda mood today, I may make today a yoga only day and to heck with the bells for now! Nothing wrong with a 2 mile run! I've only recently started running 3+ miles but for a while there 2 miles was my max and with the exception of yoga it often times was my only work out! It's not just how long you work out that matters you know, but the quality/intensity of what you do! I demand that you stop feeling guilty this instant, young lady!:mad::D

Kris:: Wierd to "see" you in the morning. You are usually the late night type. ;) LOL Nice job with your work outs! I've rarely done BM2 in full and W&P ab circuits I have yet to do in full! I've done each part by itself and can't imagine how I will get through the whole work out!!!:eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.