STS 3.5 SUMMER LADIES:8/2/09-8/8/09

marnold

Cathlete
Good Monday Morning!

We did back and biceps yesterday and tonight is Cardio. My low back is a tad sore this am but that is to be expected with 50 lb one legged deadlifts! :eek:

I can't believe the strength gains this time around! :)

Hope you had a fabulous weekend, Cathy!

hey sorry i didn't get the check-in started. had a really bad day yesterday, felt like i was hit by a truck. don't know what the deal is. i did manage to squeak out the leg workout (disc 20), for this week this morning. i did it cuz it is the shortest and i just wasnt' sure i was gonna make it thru, but i did. and then i did a 30m. stability ball workout that had alot of stretching and abs in it. so, got my abs done. whew, now i am wore out again. i hate it when i feel like this.

my back has been getting sore too. i have to be careful on deadlifts. the left side of my lower back hurts on some of the workouts. you did 50# one legged????????????? wow. i can't go that heavy w.one leg. i am impressed. how heavy do you go w/2 legs???

well, hopefully i'll feel better tomorrow.
sorry to whine.
cathy

Don't be sorry! It sounds like either overtraining or a flu bug...get better soon, okay?

My lower body is really strong and I usually go 100 for deadlifts and over 100 for squats. The only problem is that my arms are not that strong and lifting dumbells can be a major problem. I had to start using lifting straps last week. :( I was really trying hard to not depend on them, but alas, I had to use them. Bobby says that my forearms are getting "pump". He says that when he road motocross, he used to get it. He bought me some forearm pumper thingies. I have been squeezing them in the evening. Bobby says that I won't get it anymore if I do it once a day. :)
Later chickie!

WOW!!! i went almost that heavy in meso 3.

the flu is what it feels like, but it isn't. i just don't get the overtraining thing. i always take one or two days to rest and i thought that would keep me from overtraining. do y ou suppose doing a cardio after STS is too much? i am old, remember! i think i did a 30m cardio after every sts last week and then cardio on off days. but, i was off friday, actually, outside riding horse and taking care of grandkids, so not sure how off that is. but, no formal workout. then , yesterday, i was dying, so obviously , no workout. actually, i barely got out of bed yesterday.
later, cathy

Hey Cathy...from what you describe, your workouts and your very busy life, if it is not the flu, I would think it could be overtraining. I do believe that doing cardio on the weight days could be exhausting your little body! Are you eating well? I think if it is neither of these things a trip to the doctor should be in your future. Who knows...it could be as simple as not enough iron or something. Take care of yourself!! :)

thanks melissa, i have yearly checkups, and bloodwork, and nothing ever shows up. my dr. says i am very healthy and in good shape. especially for my "age". i hate it when he says that. LOL! just havent' goten used to not having tons of energy as i age. i have always been a very hi energy person, and it is hard to back off and not go,go,go. but, days like yesterday just knock me out, and i can't do anything but rest.

Hey Cathy! Hope you are feeling better. Last week I bit the bullet and bought some new Asics Gel shoes. They seem to be helping considerably. I was a little sad because my Rykas were not that old but didn't seem to be providing the cushioning for the high impact that I needed. My first pair of Rykas were awesome, but my current pair are not the same. :(
Last night we did Step Heat and as usual sweated like pigs for an hour. The fans are just not cuttin' it! Our windows are too small for window A/C units in the basement, and the portable ones at Home Depot are just too pricey. I guess we will just put up with it for another month. :) Our summers usually end around September thank goodness. I can't wait!
I am still floating on cloud 9 after getting two compliments from complete strangers on my legs this weekend. Two different women came up to Bob and I in Walmart and said my legs looked good. I was beaming! :) Thanks to STS, my legs are back to their former glory! WHOOOHOOOO!
Happy Workout! Tonight we have Chest, Tri's and Shoulders...

that is way cool, melissa! i feel great today, thankfully the energy meltdowns don't happen alot and usually on ly last one day. it is so strange.
have a good workout tonite. hope you don't die of heat.

today, i did the firm's cardio core fusion (55m). that is really a good workout. i was dripping sweat everywhere. and then did the firms' piliates. felt good after that tough cardio.
well, got a class to teach tonite. so gotta go get prepared. ttyl,cathy

Good morning, Cathy! Last night was Disc 19 for us and it was a tough one but we made it through. Tonight we have cardio and abs.

Not much new here, just trying to survive this hot month! :) I am SO looking forward to fall. :)

Have a great day today!

WOW!!!!!!!!!! VERY TOUGH!
disc 19 KICKED MY REAR!!!! i don't remember it being so hard, but those double wave loads 'bout killed me. i hit failure several times before i finished my reps. WOW! tough workout.
went and swam w/my grandkids this afternoon, and had dinner w/them. they are so fun. so, i'm kinda tired.
well, i wish we had a fall to look forward to, but we don't . and everything is so dead and brown and crunchy here, it is awful. i just can't wait for the first cool front where it will be less than 90 for a day or two.

cathy

Good morning chickie! Happy Thursday! Well, we are almost done with another week! :) Tonight is Disc 20, Legs and then a day off! This cycle has really taken away my energy! I guess it doesn't help that the uninvited aunt flo came this morning! HA TMI.
It is windy as hell here but it is going to cool down according to the weatherman. Thank goodness! :)
Have fun with the grandbabies and happy workout!

my triceps are not happy this morning. i am so sore from yesterday's workout. are ya'll sore? oh, man send us some of the cool, pllleeeezzzzzzzzzze?
last nite at 8:30 it was 97'. yuck!!!
well, gonna try to get in a cardio today, my farriar is coming in a bit, and i have a class tonite that i have to prepare for. do you suppose that is why i was so exhausted on sunday? doing this cycle?? it has been hard. plus everything else in life. i LOVE my grandbabies, but they do wear me out.:)
ya'll have a good workout tonite. i did 20 on monday and it did not seem as hard as 19. 19 is a killer. hope 21 is not as hard as 19. those double wave loads got me. i actually hit failure in a couple of those sets before i was done w/the set. is that good or bad? i guess it is good to go to failure. no wonder i'm hurtin' today.
what is the OAL?

Yes! You better believe we are BOTH sore! I usually don't get sore but DANG 19 was a killer!
I can't believe the hot summer you have had! WOW! I would have to sleep in an ice chest! :)
Yes, I am sure your busy life and STS is wearing you out! This cycle is definitely the hardest of the three.
The double wave loads were hard for us too and yes, we both hit failure a couple of times. I think the failure early means you are working extra hard. At least I hope so! I really do try to give it my all with good form. I think that eventually that my strength gains in my upper body will plateau.
The OAL is/was a group of Cathe followers who made friends...Order of the Arrow Ladies. When you see the arrow threads, <---, you will see us. :)
Have a great day! :)

Hey Cathy! Well Bobby and I were naughty last night and did not do our scheduled leg workout...we both were too tired. So, today, we will do it! :) We both feel so damn guilty, I knew that we could not skip it! :) Hilarious!
Hope you have a great weekend and I will catch up with you later!

well, i was too tired after my day too, went runnin around w/dil and grandkids this am, then came home and napped w/them, then di d some chores. so, i will do disc 21 tomorrow. though about doing it tonite, but i just don't feel like it. so, hopefully i will be energized tomorrow.
have a great weekend.
cathy
Edit/Delete Message

wow! these double wave loads are killer. did disc 21 today, and i'm glad they're over. then did "tight buns& killer legs" w/kelsie. needed to work my lower body again this week. that is a great little workout and hits all those icky places.
have a great weekend, everyone.
cathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.