Stretch Marks

Calee

Cathlete
Forgive me if something similar has been posted, I didn't even try to look. I'm wondering about all of you fit mamas experience with stretch marks has been. I just had my first baby a couple of months ago and am already worried about what the next one will do to my body.
I've seen worse, but I did get a considerable amount of purple stripes down my sides and hips. I know they will fade with time, but what happens when I get pregnant again? Will there be more in addition to these? I know a lot of it's genetics, but am wondering if it gets worse with each subsequent pregnancy.
Also, have any of you been able to tighten up the saggy belly skin? Again, I'm sure lots of it will go away with time and exercise, but am just wondering if anyone really has almost the body they started out with before having their precious babies!

I didn't really get stretchmarks the first time around, but the second and third time around I did get some down low. Not too noticeable. I consider them little badges of honor, just like my c-section scar.

As for loosening skin... I still have a very flabby belly and a "shelf" from the csection, but it is possible to lose it all. I did after my second baby (who also was a c-section). I got into GREAT shape after him, and I had gained 55 pounds during that pregnancy (as with all my pregnancies). It IS possible. Eating very clean and lifting heavy three days a week/cardio three days a week is finally working for me this time around, though I still have a long way to go.

Don't get into a hurry. Slow and steady is the best. I've gotten SO impatient in the past, and now I'm just trying to go with the flow. We'll get there!! :)

I got all of my stretchmarks with my first son. I gained alot cause I had preeclampsia and swole up huge! I didn't get any with my second and third boys. NOT ONE! I think my skin had already been stretched out enough from the first one. Mine are really faded cause my oldest is 11.

I can get in great shape but my tummy skin is always a tad loose. The more fit/thin I get the less noticeable I think though. I did get to where I felt pretty good about myself despite stretchmarks and a bit of loose skin. hope to get back into that shape again!

Goodluck!

Thank you both for your input; I need to relax a little about this postpartum phase in my life, but it's so hard to see your body change in ways you can't control! It's encouraging to hear that both of you have returned to a shape you were happy with, it helps me be patient while I get back on track with my old fitness routine.

I got stretchmarks, but they do fade over time. I got the saggy skin also, but overtime it isn't so bad. Think of it like Steph said as a badge of honor from giving birth to your children.

Lisa

I know it's been a week since this was posted but I just had to make a comment about my stretch marks. I look like I've been mulled by a tiger!!!! My Dr. said that I had one of the worst cases she'd even seen. She said I must have zero elasticity in my skin. I gained 55 lbs and I have strech marks from my inner thights to 5-6 inches above my belly button. Now that I'm 6 mo pp, my stomach still looks almost all purple. There is literally no skin in between any of my stretch marks. I doesn't really bother me though cause I never planned on wearing a bikini again anyway!! And the hubby doesn't care either.

I wonder myself, if I'll get stretch marks like this with the 2nd baby (not pregnant yet). Or if the same ones will check re-stretch again?

i dont think that your body will ever be what it was...I know mine isnt! gotta love those children!!

melissa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.