store brand baby formula or name brand

lulu68

Cathlete
Hello,

Does anyone do store brand baby formula...if so wish is your favorite brand, target, kirkland, walmart and so on? Thank you!

Lourdes

Lourdes,
I used to stick to Enfamil too (that's what the ped. recommended). Then, I did some research and found that ALL formula companies need to follow very strict guidelines. I've tried the Costco brand since they sell in bulk. I compared the ingredients, and it was identical to the name brands. We never had a problem with it. I think I first read of using generic formula in a book called Baby Bargains.
-Jen

I've used Target's brand with both of my kids. My son was just fine on it, although I switched to it (got wise, I should say) when he was about 6mos old.

I tried it with my daughter, and she was not pooping very well on it. So we've switched formulas a few times. I'll try it again when she's a little older and her digestive system is little more developed. She's 11 weeks now.

But definitety give one a try. They're all the same ingredient wise. I find that it's the texture that seems to effect kids a little differently.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.