Still lifting weights

lilldy75

I just wanted to find out how many of you are still lifting and how much? I am 30 weeks pregnant and am starting to modify all of my workouts. I am still lifting but only up to 20 pounds. I have been using my ball for chest and abs. I'm working out about 60 minutes 4 times a week doing a combination of both cardio and weights. I still feel ok to continue with my current workout schedule and didn't know if I should level off at some point. I guess I'll know when my body can't do it. I've gaind 25 pounds and I really trying not to go over the 35 pounds. Thanks for any/all input :)!

Well my OBGYN told me to cut my weights right away. So my heaviest for lower body is 30lbs, but then again I'm at 15 wks - so it will probably go down eventually. I guess for me I want to stay challenged but not cause any back strain, so that is my meter my back. If the back hurts, time to go down. Injury is never worth it. BTW you're doing great w/your workouts - KEEP IT UP!!!

Hi! I'm 20 weeks and my mid-wife told me that I can continue my pre-pregnancy workouts but not to exceed lifting 40lbs. So I am using a 40lb barbell for deadlifts, rows and squats. I do my chestwork either on a stability ball or incline bench and I don't exceed 30lbs. The maximum that I lift is using 15lb dumbbells and of course that varies depending on which exercises I'm doing. I mostly walk (usually 15-20 miles a week) or use the elliptical for cardio. I try to get in about 3-4 weight workouts a week.

At 30 weeks, you are doing a SUPER job with your workouts. :)

I am lifting the same weights I did prepregnancy, but my body feels okay with that. Go with what your body is telling you. I can't lift as heavy weights as Cathe does, but I would say I do moderately heavy.
http://lilypie.com/days/050710/4/23/1/-7/.png[/img][/url]

Due 7-10-05

I'm at 30 weeks too and still lifting what I lifted before (basically what Cathe lifts). I still do the step workouts (no blasts or intervals), but with an 8 inch step height rather than a 10 inch one. I use a 17 inch tall step (I'm 5'11) for the high step work and a ball or incline bench for chest work. I have noticed lately that I have felt a little bit tired late in the day and sometimes need a nap! Soon, I will be probably going back to the old Firm tapes and I will be purchasing the new WHFN DVDs so that I can take it down a little bit so I am not so tired. This is my third pregnancy and I exercised in this manner before and bounced back quickly. I hope I can workout out up until I deliver!

Boy that's great!!! My OBGYN told me 40 lbs was to much and to to 20-25. I was like - that's to light, so I'm at 30 lbs. So far so good, I should be able to gain that strength back righ? I admire you!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.