Still having dizzy spells...

gettingfitmom

Cathlete
had blood work done and everything is fine on that end. Have an appointment with an ENT next week. For those of you with vertigo, how do you work out? I can ride a stationary bike at a steady state. Using weights is tricky...anything lieing down i.e. chest work, I have to wait for the head spinning to stop...ugh! Any advice? Thanks, Kay

I'm sorry you're having vertigo. Ask your ENT to explain the Epley maneuver. If you are experiencing bouts of benign positional vertigo, this technique will really help. I cannot do any inverted poses, like in yoga or over an exercise ball. Until these bouts resolve, you may need to take it easy. I sure hope you find the cause and will feel better fast. Good luck.

I agree - hopefully the ENT can do the Epley manuver for you or at least teach you how to do it. Or look up online how to do it and try it out before your appointment - the worst that could happen is that you won't get rid of your vertigo. The biggest key to doing it is lying down as FAST as you can. I'm a physical therapist who specializes in vesibular rehab and it only takes ONE session to fix if your vertigo is due to BPPV (which it sounds like it is). You do not need to continue living like this when it's such an easy fix!:)

Hi there...I had dizzy spells off and on for two years. For the first couple of years it wasn't bad...then it got really bad...couldn't lay down like you mentioned. My head would spin if I rolled over in bed...some mornings I threw up it was so bad. Well...I went and saw my chiropractor 3 months ago and I have not had one dizzy spell. If you haven't tried that I recommend that.

When I had dizzy spells for a few weeks, I would omit any of the exercises that required bending over.

As soon as I discovered the dizziness was diet related & changed my eating habits the dizziness went away.

I have an appointment next week with an ENT, I am thinking sinus related...have tried the Epley thing(no results). Diet wise, I have really not changed anything. Hopefully this will get figured out sooner than later! Thanks for your input everyone!

When I had dizzy spells for a few weeks, I would omit any of the exercises that required bending over.

As soon as I discovered the dizziness was diet related & changed my eating habits the dizziness went away.

If I may ask, what did you change in your diet?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.