Still Counting Down! 40's!!

The anticipation reminds me of the old Mervyn's commercial with the lady standing outside the Mervyn's store, saying "Open, Open, Open".

Question about RT 2012

Hi-

First time RT...I have a question...1 of Cathe's video's is a GREAT, and exhausting, workout for me. I'm nervous about doing more than 1 workout a day. And, I often do a pre-mix, full video, and then a pre-mix over a 3 day period. Will I survive?

(Oh, and I typically use 1 weight lower than whatever Cathe says to use on the new LI series like Athletic Training).

I am very excited (and nervous!).

-Rachel

Hi Rachel! Don't worry just do what you can. No one will judge you there are all fitness levels. You don't even have to do all the workouts if you don't want to. Just have fun!! With all the energy Cathe brings (and all the Road trippers) It's amazing how much more you will be able to do without realizing it :)
Hope to meet you
Tracy

Hi-

First time RT...I have a question...1 of Cathe's video's is a GREAT, and exhausting, workout for me. I'm nervous about doing more than 1 workout a day. And, I often do a pre-mix, full video, and then a pre-mix over a 3 day period. Will I survive?

(Oh, and I typically use 1 weight lower than whatever Cathe says to use on the new LI series like Athletic Training).

I am very excited (and nervous!).

-Rachel

Hi Rachel,
You will absolutely survive! And if Cathe knocks you on your butt you'll have 100 cathletes there to help you back up! lol! No, in all honesty, there is no pressure to do any more than what you're capable of. By the end of the RT we are all running on borrowed adrenaline, but your heart will be so grateful for everything that you've experienced that the aches and pains earned will be a welcomed take home gift ;)

Cant wait to meet ya!

Thank you

Thank you for the speedy response. I look forward to meeting you all there as well. Any other tips would be appreciated. I read the packing list and online tips too.

I'm very excited too Rachel!!! I usually only do 1 workout too but lately I've added a 2nd just to prepare myself. This will be my first RT and can't wait to meet other cathletes too that I've "met" on FB :) I've been anticipating more RT info sent out like the Chicago RT app. I'm also curious as to what everyone is packing besides whats on the list like food (for us that eat every 2-3 hrs), what they're packing for dinner...

I hope to meet up with some at the airport when I get there! I'll have my game face on and my cathlete shirt on :)

I'm also curious as to what everyone is packing besides whats on the list like food (for us that eat every 2-3 hrs), what they're packing for dinner...
QUOTE]

Oh don't even get me started on my food list! :p I say just bring along whatever you like. There are little fridges in the hotel rooms. We get breakfast at the hotels, but I'm a celiac so I have to bring my own stuff. I usually pack grapefruits, hardboiled eggs, nuts and nut butters, greek yogurt. I throw in some protein shakes or powder.

My suggestion is to bring along some portable snacks for your gym bag like nuts, bars, etc. In the morning at the hotel breakfast grab extra fruit-bananas, apples, etc. They'll come in handy :)

(and if ever there was a weekend to sneak in a sweet treat this would be it! A little palm full of m&ms goes a long way when your running out of steam... but you didnt hear that from me! lol)

Cant wait to see you!

Thanks! I was thinking the same thing about grabbing some food from the hotel. I wasnt sure if a snack would be provided at the gym or if bringing our snack was best. I'll be sure to pack extra too :)

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!! :eek: Rachel, I agree with everyone's replies! You just do what YOU can do. It IS true that the adrenaline makes you work harder then ever but it is a very friendly environment...just be YOU! Can't wait to meet you!

Rachel,

I too am nervous because I usually only do 1 w/o per day, plus I currently have a knee problem:( I'll be standing in the BACK so you are more than welcome to join me and we can crash together!! LOL

Try not to be nervous. Just do what you can. Stop, catch you breath, get a drink, take a photo. You are there to have fun.

Jean

Im So excited!!!!! My 1st RT too!!!!! I'm working out hard on cardio using 8" on step so I'll be in good shape to keep up. Look forward to meeting everyone there!!!!! :)

cgishops.com

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.