STILL bleeding!!!

noriduffee

Cathlete
I posted awhile back that I was still bleeding after my 6 week checkup. Now, my DD is 12 weeks old and I am STILL bleeding. Arrrghh. I am not cramping or anything, but it is just anooying. The blood is bright red, like it was right after delivery. Some days it's more than others.

Went to my OB last week, and he said everything looks normal, but did some bloodwork and I am going back for an ultrasound next week. He said sometimes this just happens with breastfeeding mothers, and that nothing is necessarily wrong.

I had a super easy pregnancy, my delivery was a breeze, so I am wondering if this is God's way of getting back at me? :)

Anyone else have anything similar?

This happend to me--what a pain! My doctor diagnosed me with fibroids--it was awhile ago (OCtober 2000), but if I remember correctly, he just diagnosed it off the top of his head--I do not think I had an ultrasound or anything. I had to go into the hospital for a D & C--it was a same day outpatient surgery thing. I had this done almost exactly two months after my son's birth. I think I still bled for about a week or so more (from the D & C) and then it was finally over. Good luck and hang in there! And congratulations on your new baby!

I JUST WANTED TO TELL YOU THAT IT HAPPENED TO ME ALSO. I THINK I BLED FOR 14 WEEKS. MY DOCTOR SAID THAT HAPPENS A LOT WHEN BREASTFEEDING. I KNOW IT IS ANNOYING BUT IT WILL STOP.

I bled and bled and bled, I never kept track how long because my doctor wasn't concerned. I breast fed all three, but with my first, only 8 weeks. I was done bleeding and a week after that I got my period. It never fails. I'm sure you'll be fine! Congrats on your new little one!

Sally

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.