Stick Mobility Workouts

fitdeb

Cathlete
My new favorite mobility workouts - stickmobility.com.

There are a ton of free workouts on youtube.

I got my sticks a couple of weeks ago and have been adding the workouts into my regular rotations. You can do a full mobility workout or just specific targeted stretches. The QL stretch is outstanding.

I am a personal trainer, but over the past year I have not worked with any clients in person and I have been sitting WAY too much. I was looking for something new in the way of mobility to add to my own program, but I am not much of a yoga person. I have found that using the sticks allows me much greater range-of-motion than what I could get "prop-free."

If you are looking for something new to add mobility, joint work and strength, I would highly recommend checking this out.

I got my sticks a couple of weeks ago
fitdeb, thanks for your post! :) This looks really interesting. Did you purchase the bundle (3 sticks) or purchase an individual stick? With shipping, duty and exchange the bundle is quite expensive for me here in Canada so wondered if I could get by with just one stick. Also, wondering if the sticks would be suitable for my height - I am only 5'1". I see there is only one size option for all those under 5'10". Or, is there another company also making these mobility devices?

fitdeb, thanks for your post! :) This looks really interesting. Did you purchase the bundle (3 sticks) or purchase an individual stick? With shipping, duty and exchange the bundle is quite expensive for me here in Canada so wondered if I could get by with just one stick. Also, wondering if the sticks would be suitable for my height - I am only 5'1". I see there is only one size option for all those under 5'10". Or, is there another company also making these mobility devices?
Hi Jane
I purchased the 3 stick bundle. You really do need 2 of the longer sticks for many of the exercises. I ordered the 6' and 4' bundle. I am 5'10" so I was right on that borderline. I wish I would have gone with the longer sticks, but once I start seeing clients again, I am anxious to incorporate the sticks into their programs. I think that the 6'/4' bundle would work for you, they are very light weight and have very sturdy rubber handles and floor grips.

I suppose for some of the exercises you could use wooden dowels or even PVC piping, but many of the exercises require that the sticks have some degree of flexibility.

I am loving the heck out of these. The workouts utilize a complete range-of-motion taking you through all planes.

Not sure if there are any other companies who make mobility sticks.

Deb

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.