step riser fit

SOmeone gave me a teal "The Step" they had in their garage. I then bought risers from cathe.com(I was told they would fit this step bench). THey came today and I was just wondering how much the step should move on the risers? Should it be a tight fit or will the step move a little? It does move a little but when I stepped up and down it seemed pretty sturdy and the top didn't move. I can move the top back and forth on the risers about 1/2 -1 inch with my hands. Should it move that much?

Hard to explain but I was just wondering how the risers should fit on this bench?

Thanks so much!!

Mary Kate in Ga.:)

I have Reebok's "the step", it's teal also but mine has a black rubber non-slip grid on top. I also purchased a set of risers from Cathe's site and it works fine. I just tested it and my step really does not move at all once placed properly on the risers....

Is your step full size? Atleast 40" in length? If so, it should be a good fit. I don't know why you'd be able to move it like that...?

Maybe others will have more info for you...

>I have Reebok's "the step", it's teal also but mine has a
>black rubber non-slip grid on top.

The Reebok step is black and grey, and not the same the "The Step" Original Club Step (which is either teal or black). Cathe doesn't use the Reebok step (but Reebok step videos do). It doesn't have risers that would fit with the topper. The way the Reebok fits together makes it a bit more stable, with no play (but it is a bit shorter than the Club Step).

As for the step fit: try rotating the risers. Sometimes the little bit of variance between risers makes them fit less snuggly than if you changed their position a bit.

I think the step fits pretty securely, but it's not a solid, firm fit necessarily.

Now, the high step is another situation. The higher it goes, the jigglier it goes, especially if the risers aren't synched right (I find that if I rotate a riser or two, it often fits better).

I also have the teal step. I have the risers that come with it, and they move a bit too. It's not a very tight fit. But don't worry, it's secure when you are jumping around on it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.