Step is the best!!!

CurlyQtee

Cathlete
Before I was pregnant I was very fit and tiny. I became pregnant with my beautiful Hannah (9 months now) and GAINED 45 POUNDS!! That's a lot to gain when prego!! I started Cathe's step aerobics about 2.5 months after I gave birth. I have to say, it all just melted off quickly AND I was smaller than before pregnancy. Thanks Cathe!! My sister came into town when Hannah was 7 months and she was like wow your butt is smaller than ever! Different than doing cycle and the same old machines at the gym. Your entire body benefits from Cathe workouts. I'm now addicted and LOVE them and am so happy to have all these fun aerobic videos in my life. My lil one loves to watch me jump around to them:D
So any of you out there wondering if you can lose POUNDS....you bet!!

Now I"m prego with #2 and so far am able to continue the Classics, so when #2 is here, I will be purchasing more dvd's to melt the pounds off again.
:*

Major congrats to you! This is both for getting the weight off and for your new one on the way.

Your post will keep us motivated. Keep us informed with updates!

Good for you - too many women use pregnancy as an excuse to remain overweight, thinking that they need trainers, nannies, etc. to lose weight. I get tired about reading the whining letters in People magazine after they feature a story about a famous mom who got her "body back" after having a baby from moms who think they need expensive help to accomplish the same thing.
Just Do It! :)

Wonderful story. I also love Cathe, can you tell me what kind of diet you did in conjunction with the videos? And which videos did you do?

Peace!!! and Exercise!!!

I love all your supportive replies!! Thank you. The main thing is to MOVE! I've always been a true believer of exercise and not too too much on diet. I never eat fast food, so try to stay away from that, that's the worst anyone can do! I indulged by cravings my 1st pregnancy and I think that's why I gained so much (besides the choc. chip milkshakes all the time:eek: ) This time around I'll be more careful and maybe allow a milkshake towards the end. hee hee.
But I did the Classics Vol. 1 5 days a week, switching off which workout and sometimes combining them to change it up. No matter how tired I would be, I would do it.
As far as diet, light lunches and dinners were mainly something on the bbq and a vegetable. But I didn't "diet". I happen to really like candy (the chewy stuff) and didn't give it up. I didn't eat big breakfasts, started out with coffee of course and then fruit or yogurt. Lunches would be salads,sushi. My favs. I stayed clear away from CHOCOLATE after having Hannah. When I was preg with her I had at least one piece of chocolate a day, my husband used to laugh and say that's your glass of wine.. hee hee. I was so bad when I was preg. no wonder I gained so much. It's not that I ate a ton or more, it was a lot of junk added.
I know I just rambled, but I hope I answered your question okay.
I just ordered Lo Max and I'm psyched to try it. It seems lots of people enjoy it. Have you tried it and liked it? I think I have to order Imax as well, I'm reading that they're challenging and I love a challenge.
Should be interesting to see how far long I can keep up with the step workouts.

Happy Day!!:D

I have several cathe videos, Interval max,Basic Step/Body fusion, Cardio hits. I love them all. Only did Interval max once(working my way up:)
I am doing WW in conjunction with these workouts. I think I will order the classics video, sounds sort of like the cardio hits.
Thanks
Peace!!! and Exercise!!!

I just got Lo Max last week and I've been doing it everyday, it's really fun. But the blasts kick your butt!!! Hard! But fun;-)

Wonderful!!! I wish I knew about Cathe when I was pregnant with #2. It sure took me a while.

But now I am feeling better than ever and am even slimmer and more toner than before my pregnancy.

Congratulations CurlyQtee!

First, on having your second child!

second, on losing all your baby weight!

I agree,cathe is sooooo addictive(Healthy addiction;-))!

Take care,and keep us posted!

i've been gone from the forum for so long but not from Cathe!!

Second SUCCESS!! Molly is now 11 months old and i am back to a size 2, tight tummy and skinny but skulpted legs!

Stick with Cathe everyone. my body is back and better from her workouts after 2 kids.
i use strictly her workouts 4-5 times a week. i mix them up or sometimes do one of them for a while and rotate, depending on my mood;-)
they are: Lo Max, Rhythmic Step, IMAX and IMAX 2 (holy cow), the Classics Vol.1 and Kick,Jump and Crunch.

i owe it all to her! i'm so happy ;)

wishing you all a happy and healthy summer!:*

Well, Ms. CurlyQtee, where in the world have you been??? I couldn't find your email address anymore, I almost drove by your house to knock on your door, to make sure you are still alive or if you had moved to yet another house again :+ }(

That is soooo great how you bounced back and come back even better than before Molly! Great to see you back.

Carola

Carola!! so funny. i've thought of you. been to pleasant every weekend since May ;-) we actually camped at Lake Roosevelt last weekend. was soooo fun! we took Hannah but not Molly. the stars were unbelievable. the lake is huge and gorgeous too if you haven't been out there. how are all your 4 legged friends?:*

Hi Curly,

That sounds like a lot of fun. I haven't been waterskiing this year yet. DH and the kids went to Bartlett Lake last weekend and my 11-year-old son got up on an air-chair for the first time. Can't believe I missed out!! But someone's gotta work :)

My four 4-legged friends have turned into 11 dogs right now, Pepper just had 7 puppies on Sunday. I am hoping to be able to keep one of them, will see if DH shuts me down :)

Carola

Wow!!!!

omigosh! i'm just back on this forum. been way to long!!!!
2 yrs since i've been on this site and I'M STILL DOING CATHE WORKOUTS!!! Love em. They still kick my butt and still keep me in great shape. Don't ever stop doing Cathe ya'll !!!

I love the Classics. I originally found that I had a similar result with them. Doing mostly step can help your body to narrow down if you're small. At least that was my experience initially.

totally agree!! If you have LoMax, go into the menu and hit premixes, then pick the blasts (23 minutes), try doing it twice in a row!!! Holy $@#(#&*!! You do not stop sweating for a while after that. Killer workout ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.