Step cardio comparable to Cathe

momsenergy

Cathlete
Does any one know of Step dvd's that are comparable to Cathe's Step. I like to do only "All Step" dvd's like: Low Max, Rythmic Step, Power Max, Step Blast, IMAX 2. I am wanting to buy a different disc from another instructor just for variety (still a die hard Catheite). Does anyone have any suggestions? Again all step only and comparable to cathe in intensity. Thanks in advance!

Yolanda in Southern Ohio

check out amy bento advance step challenge & advance step challenge 2. you can google her name and go directly to amy bento's website where you can see a lengthy clip from her videos.

also check out seasun zeigler - she makes really good advanced step dvds.

You might also try Cristi Taylor-- she's got a couple of good ones, like Solid Gold Step, which are a lot of fun with great music. The moves are complicated, and there's not as much intensity, but it is still a great workout.

:)

From my experience....Cathy and Amy are the most intense. Sometimes I think Amy is a bit crazier than Cathe...intensity wise.

However, I do enjoy some other step instructors. I mostly favor Seasun Zieger. I love Seasun's Straight Up Step and Rock Steady Step and both give me a pretty decent workout. Rebecca Small (only available at www.FitnessOrganica.com)....REbecca is from the UK and is one of my most favorite instructors. She's not very intense....but she teaches more complex step in layering and makes it easier to learn and she's got the best personality. Step 2 Success is loads of fun and you can view a clip over at that website. I usually enjoy doing Rebecca's step on my recovery days or for an easier cardio day, although I can push my HR up higher by putting more into it and make it moderately intense.

I also recently just purchased Petra Kolber's Step Moves New Grooves and it is moderate complexity, but lower impact.....good for a recovery day...but it was fun. Enough coreography to keep you interested...but not so much that you throw your hands up...........which is what Amy's step makes me do! I usually end of having to do my own version of Amy Bentto's step cuz she does not breakdown and I just can't get her moves, yet I still end up getting a decent workout.

Also - have you tried Tracey Staehle yet? I like her recent step DVD. It's complex enough to keep me interested...but not so difficult that I can't get it....but it's not as intense as Cathe either, but I find it moderately fun.

Hope this helps in your quest for variety.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.