squat rack???

N

Nancy C

Hi everyone,
I am at my limit of safety/strength for lifting the barbell over my head for squats
sad.gif
HOWEVER
happy.gif
my legs could handle more.

Joni, I know you are dealing with the same problem. Did you find a squat rack or some thing to help? Anyone have any ideas for squat racks in a limited space? I really don't want to do mega reps to make up for the lower weight and would love some suggestions.

Thanks,
nancy
happy.gif

squat rack

When I worked out in a university weight room, they had some portable squat racks: two separate stands that could be adjusted for height and placed far enough apart to hold a barbell. When they were stored, they took up about 1 foot x 1 foot of space. I don't know where you'd find them, but do a web search with Yahoo! or Lycos, etc. and look up "squat rack" (I found several chinning bars by searching that way! I'm in the same predicament you are, so I do heavy squats either with dumbbells, or using my Rockit.

squat rack alternative

I don't know what a squat rack is, or how much they are, but you might look into a Soloflex Rockit. We have one & LOVE it! It's a bit pricy -- we paid $700 for mine 4 years ago, but what a fabulous piece of equipment!

The Rockit is an unusual praying mantis looking contraption that safely simulates squats. You can use the Soloflex bands for resistance or you can add plates.

Go to Soloflex.com to check it out.

Haven't Found One Yet

Nancy, I've only looked in one store for a used squat rack and they didn't have any. I'm going to keep looking. I just did SLA this morning again and I REALLY need the rack - I use the same weight for squats and for front and rear lunges. I can still clean and press my barbell, but not for long (if I keep making progress anyway)! See you soon. (P.S. The soonest I can get in is 4:53 PM - first flight from Mpls. That puts me at the hotel about 6 PM. See you in the hot tub!)

York site

<center><font size="1" color="#ff0000">LAST EDITED ON Aug-27-99 AT 07:44AM (EST)</font></center>

Hi Joni,
If you can't find a used set, there was a good link posted on my thread at VF for the York stands that look like mine...sorta.
Added benefit...I can place them on either side of step for chest press. Which my back is thankful for, it was getting tough to lift the barbell up and off floor between bench press sets.
nancy
happy.gif

Can't Find the Thread

Nancy, would you please re-post the link or tell me the name of the VF thread? I can't find it and would like to see the York website. Thanks.

oops...

I forgot to thank Karen P who posted the info!
Thanks Karen, if you're out there
happy.gif

nancy
happy.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.