Spinners out there? Ideas for workouts?

I did some more checking and it looks like the new Spinervals workouts have tension cues on the screen so it would be easily adjustable to Troy's instructions. I think I'll order some of the new ones and then get older ones if I need them once I'm comfortable with the tension adjustment.

I've done gym spinning classes and Spinervals (I ended up buying the Schwinn spin bike for home. Too many people I work with at the lunch time spin class and too much sweat flying all over the place :eek: ) I only use Spinervals now and haven't found it difficult at all to figure out what tension I need to be on. (I definitely think taking a live class has helped with this, however.) That's the beauty of spinning: You can be where you want/need to be, whether that's at a higher or lower tension than the instructor.

Trevor: You might try Spinerval 7.0 Uphill Grind, if you like that sort of thing. (Coach Troy is in the Baltimore area I believe. Aren't you down there?) And the above poster was correct: In the newer vids he posts tension for a specific sort of spin bike. Doesn't help me at all with the Schwinn, but you can figure it out by looking at the class. Here's Coach Troy's website: www.coachtroy.com There are clips you can watch... I think he sells the trainer to convert your road bike (or at least recommends one). His videos are more about trainnig triathletes, etc. and competetive bikers, but they adapt fine for spinning, IMO. I find all the other spinning videos out there not as challenging. (Not that they aren't good... just not for me.)

You might also want to go over to www.videofitness.com and do some searches on "Spinervals." There are a million threads on them and that's where I found out about them.

Gretzky

Margie

You'd just have to see what works for you. I'd never be able to push myself on my own. I need that video going. Some people love making up a CD of music and going for it though.

Andrea

Thanks Gretzky. You were the all-time greatest hockey player by the way!! LOL!!
I am in Annapolis. Never confuse an Annapolitan with a Baltimoron!!! LOL!! Kidding of course!
Trevor :)

He was, wasn't he! Ha ha... I had a dog named Greta and it was her nickname... everyone thinks I'm a big hockey fan, but baseball's my game :)

Sorry about the Baltimore mix-up! Yikes! At least I got the state right. That's the scary thing about these forums. You end up knowing all these bits and pieces about each other...:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.