South Beach diet Cake or pie recipe HELP!!

wendyjpa

Cathlete
Hello friends!

Anyone familiar or a follower of the South beach diet or any similar glycemic index type diet, i need a recipe for a dear friends 40th b-day party. She has been so faithful to the diet and is in phase two.
I have no SBD book, and i don't want to make her a cake or pie that will sideline her success. However, we want to have an office celebration on monday. Anyone with recipe please share!! I checked out recipes at the web site mizfrogpad that i found in the search, but they are all pudding like recipes and i don't think that's too good for the candles!!!

Help???? Anyone????
tia,

Wendy

ooooooh... phase 2 is rough for deserts.. there aren't really any cakes or pies that are completely legal! i had the ricotta desert (made with choco pudding and natural PB for my b-day when i was in phase 2.. my choice!)

cakes and cookies aren't phase 2 legal cuz they all take flour.. and even whole wheat flour is an avoid in phase 2..

i'm not much help.. sorry :eek:(

if she's as anal as i was.. whe would probably appreciate the pudding/ricotta desert route but make it a bit thicker for candles! rather than the cake route! i know i would NOT have touched a cake at that point in the diet! even now i refuse the treats at work even though i will cheat a bit more on weekends on my own at home! i still eat the SB phase 3 way cuz it's so healthy!!!!

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

Hi there,

I have the regular SB Diet book and the cookbook. There are no cake or pie recipes in them.

How about an angel food cake topped with fresh berries?

If you are going to make it yourself, just replace most of the sugar with Splenda.

Good luck!

I have both of the SouthBeach diet and SouthBeach cookbook. There is a flourless cake but it is phase 3 recipe. It has a little sugar in it. It comes out kind of flat, so I am not sure about candles. It is good.
Diane Sue

that's a good idea! fresh strawberries (w/some splenda if they need sweetening) and LIGHT canned whipped topping (no cool whip!) she can take or leave the topping.. but if it's light.. she can have a small squirt! for that matter... she could just eat the strawberries and leave the cake even.. but at least it's still a cake and candle-able!

(but i have to add.. again.. when i was on phase 2.. i was too strict to eat even this... lol! i swear.. i was totally anal with the what to eat/what not to eat! but i ended up learning good, healthy eating habits!)

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

this pie is one of my favorite treats. its a snap to make, phase 2 and 3 friendly, and soooo delicious. the recipe is not in the SB books, but i found it on a SB online forum. hope this helps. enjoy!

Double Chocolate Pie
(serves 12)

2 c fat free milk divided
1 box sugar free/fat free jello chocolate pudding (4 serving size)
1 box sugar free/fat free jello white chocolate pudding (4 serving size)
1 small tub fat free cool whip divided
1 peanut butter crust (see below)

Pour 1 c milk into med. bowl. Add chocolate flavor pudding. Beat with wire whisk for 1 minute. Gently stir in 1/2 the cool whip. Mix well (an electric mixer is helpful). Spoon into crust. Pour remaining milk (1 c) into med. bowl add white chocolate flavor pudding beat 1 min. Gently stir in remaining cool whip mix well with electric mixer. Spread over pudding layer in crust. Refrigerate 4 hrs or until set. Can garnish with whip cream. Store in refrigerator.

Variations:
- Sub vanilla pudding for the white chocolate
- Add semi-sweet chip all around the edge and a few in the middle.

And here's the recipe for the peanut butter crust:

Peanut Butter Pie Crust (All Phases)
3/4 c. natural peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
3/4 c. bulk Splenda
1 egg

Mix and press into the bottom of a pie plate or springform pan. Bake for 12-15 min. at 350. Let cool. Fill.

You can also use 1 c. peanut butter, 1 c. Splenda and 1 egg.

YUM!!
that double chocolate pie sounds good!!! I might make one tomorrow to trial run here at home, then if it turns out, make the actual one for work.
I appreciate the help, she has been very anal about what she eats.
We even had a Pharmaceutical rep bring lunch the other day with all kinds of goodies }( and she didn't touch them!!

thanks again to you all.:)

>I appreciate the help, she has been very anal about what she
>eats.

sounds like a good little south beacher! lol!

also.. check the label of cool whip.. everything i've ever read.. cool whip is not south beach friendly cuz it has trans fats!

the spray can stuff IS south beach friendly (the light kind!)

-------------

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.