something to consider if you buy a treadmill

MSJ

Cathlete
We just bought a treadmill.

The box was the size of a coffin and about as heavy. It was a small nightmare to get the hurking 300 lb thing from our garage where the delivery guy left it to the basement where we wanted it. I'm surprised that we are both in one piece. It was huge, heavy and unwieldy and we had to put it at all sorts of awkward angles to get it downstairs. I think I'm pretty strong, but I felt like a total wimp trying to handle this thing. (Shrieking,"I'm going to drop it. I'm going to drop it. Oh OH Oh it's going to squish my fingers. I can't dooo this." I'm sure most of you Cathe women would have been far more dignified)

I just never really thought about the logistics of the purchase when I ordered it.

That being said, I'm totally stoked. I've wanted a treadmill for years and we finally have one. DH is assembling now...He's my man!!

Maggie:7

I just got my elliptical trainer today, too! It, also was left in the garage by the delivery guy.....even after the delivery company told DH that they would bring it in the house!!!

Anyway, I unpacked it, carried in the house piece by piece and assembled it in the living room (where it's going to live) and it took me 3 hrs!!! I did it all by myself and if you don't think that I am going to count that in my workout, you've got another thing coming! I did this all after doing Boot Camp, too!:7

Yikes Maggie! Treadmills are heavy, heavy!

I've had my treadmill for about 10 years now, and in that time frame it has been moved upstairs and downstairs, back and forth several times. Thank goodness I've got a strong DH and teenage son... they were in charge of the moving. One thing though, we bought mine from Sear's completely assembled, so except for the stairs, we were able to roll it when we wanted to move it.

Enjoy your new treadmill!

We just purchased a treadmill a few weeks ago. It weighs a little over 500lbs!! There was no option offered but to have the company deliver and assemble it . . . for that I am thankful!:eek:

I really like having a treadmill, especially now that it has finally decided to act like winter outside. Have fun with yours!:)

Well, this is timely. I just bought a treadmill and it's due to be delivered probably this Saturday. I'll have to make sure I have lots of strong young men around. Maybe they can even help with the treadmill!}(

When we got our treadmill about a year ago, my DH was out of town, so I ended up assembling it MYSeLF! I was so excited that I couldn't wait till DH came home. I was really proud that I was able to do it!:D

Hi everyone- I've been wanting a treadmill too but the idea of carrying it down the basement steps... for all you treadmill owners and soon to be owners (shelley) what kind did you get?- I'm thinking about a nordic track (not sure on the exact model)--deb

I got a Horizon T73. It just won some Consumer Reports award. Nordic Track went bankrupt in Canada, so that wasn't even an option.

I got an Ironman Legacy from Costco.com. It was a really good deal, now I hope it's a good treadmill. My husband did get it up and running and I used it yesterday. I am so happy to have this added to my rotations.

Maggie:)

DH and I bought a Sole S77. We got a great deal on it through a Sole authorized dealer on ebay (bikes4deal). You get free shipping, warranty, newest model, etc. all for $200 less than any place else.
We love it!

Mattea:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.