Socializing & Cathe Time

Cathe Friedrich said:
Hi Everyone! I look forward to lot's of quality time with you. I am open to any spontaneous gathering at anytime that we have free time outside of the scheduled events. For instance, at the Texas RT a large group of us gathered on the floor in the corner of the lobby and had a fun informal Q & A. We can figure out things like that to do again. Sometimes its easier to figure that out once we arrive so that we can see the grounds and area space to know what/where we can do these kinds of things.

See you soon :D

A bunch of us are planning to do a zip lining tour on Friday morning: it would be great if you could join us! :)

UNLVCrjChick

HI! DH and I were planning to do a zipline tour. Which tour company are you looking at? I saw 2 of them.

Thanks!

Pedmom

Me, either, but DH and I have been looking at the Lake Geneva travel guide and had planned to try it. If there's a group going, it would probably be even more fun!

Does anyone here have any details they would be willing to share?

The resort has a very large/open area right past the check in. It's a bar at night and has a large wall of windows looking out on the pool. I think this is the most logical place to hang out. The coffee shop/snack cafe is right there, you can get drinks at the bar, and snacks, etc. Or you can bring in a sandwich or something and just grab a seat.

I looked on the website and didn't find any pictures. But I poked around in the videos. About 30 seconds in to the "Lodge At Grand Geneva" video you can see an overhead shot of the open/bar area I am describing. They call it the lobby lounge.

The fitness center is a separate building across the drop-off area to the hotel. It doesn't have a lot of open seating. If I recall correctly, it has a few seats in a small water/tea area as you walk past the spa entrance. Then you either go one direction down a hall to the locker rooms/pool area, or you turn the other direction to the gym/exercise area. It would be very difficult for a large group to socialize in that space.

ETA: Something else I thought of. If it's not too muddy (hard to predict in April), there is a walking trail on the grounds that is very nice. And there is horseback riding offered too. I did that with my children last time we were there and it was really nice.

Last edited:
Gibbee said:
UNLVCrjChick

HI! DH and I were planning to do a zipline tour. Which tour company are you looking at? I saw 2 of them.

Thanks!

Hello,

I just saw this post, sorry. I will try to get you the info on the zip lining tour. However, I just found out I am going to Hawaii in a couple weeks so I am canceling the Chicago Road Trip, as I just can't do Hawaii, Chicago, and Glassboro. It makes me sad but that's what happens when you don't have a rich husband. lol

Oh Sherry! I'd love to jump in your suitcase too! But, thankfully, I will see you in Glassboro! Have a GREAT time in Hawaii!

Oh Sherry! I'd love to jump in your suitcase too! But, thankfully, I will see you in Glassboro! Have a GREAT time in Hawaii!

Thanks, Debbie! I had a great time! Now I'm trying to see if there is SOME way for me to do the Chicago RT. I could possibly if I could find a roommate...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.