So You Think You Can Dance

bigbadbrandini

Cathlete
I'm so surprised that no one has posted a thread about this show yet! To all who have no clue what I'm talking about, this is Fox's dance version of American Idol. I've been a devoted follower since season 2 (go Benji!), and caught bits and pieces of the first season. I get so excited on Wednesdays! ;)

So does anyone else watch the show and what did you think of last night? Who do you think will make the finale? I personally think that Evan and Melissa may be the ones going home tomorrow, but you never know! Oh, the thrill! I can't wait to see who goes onto next week!

I thought last week's special performance from Katie Holmes was okay, she is a good singer, but I think she could have danced it with more heart, especially considering it was an homage to Judy Garland.

I love this show! I'm hoping Evan and Janeen go home. Not that I don't like Evan but I don't think he does as well with the other styles as he does his own. I think Ade and Brandon are more versatile. My pick out of the men is Brandon. I absolutely love him! His solo was awesome last night. And what a physique!

Out of the girls, Melissa has always been my favorite. I love ballet and her Romeo and Juliet was beautiful but I also think she's done a great job with the other styles. Janeen is good but I just don't like her most of the time. Kayla is beautiful and will probably wind up being the top girl. Her lines are beautiful as the judges always say and she always does a great job.

Marcy

I am afraid America is going to vote for Evan even though I don't think he is that great of a dancer even in his own style. I really didn't like the disco last nite and couldn't understand why the judges thought it was that good.

Melissa and Kayla are my favorite of the women and I'm rooting for Brandon of the men that are left. His solo was magnificent!

Janie

I think Brandon and Kayla will be the top two. I think Evan's going home tonight and probably Melissa. LOVE this show. HATED Katie Holmes - what a waste of time. I could have done the "dance" number she did. Not impressed at all - and she was lip-synching poorly, as well.

Forgot to say I was really disappointed to see Janette go. I felt she did everything great. She was probably my favorite.

Marcy

Ade is such a gentle giant. I adore him and Melissa and I hope they both make it to the final week so we can see them dance again. Melissa is the epitome of class and grace. Love this show! Been following since Season 1!

I really need to watch this show - it sounds great. I just don't get around to watching t.v. during the week and have yet to figure out how to record on our VCR (so sad, I know). I'll live vicariously through you :p

Am I the only Evan fan? I like him because he is different than all the contemporary dancers they have over and over and over...a breath of fresh air.

I disliked the disco number, too. I honestly feel the judges "root for their own" and give positive reviews to their favorites regardless.

This is the first year, however, that I feel all the dancers are wonderful and any of them deserve the top spot. Really, any of the top 10 would have been a great choice.

What happened to the street dancers this year? Only Phillip in the top 20 and he wasn't that great outside his own style. In the past they've found more versatile street dancers.

ME! I like Evan. He goes to school nearby, but it is more because I love musical theatre, and he is very good at that. There is videos on the internet that are quite amazing. I wonder if he does better with his brother doing the choreographing, because Tyce's stuff is not good.

I cannot stand Melissa, and actually thing the best dancers are Brandon and Kayla. Still I get bored with contemporary,yawn, and would like to see Evan continue. I have not seen Brandon's solo from last night yet because I am not home at night right now. I hear it was great.

Melissa and Kayla are my favorite of the women and I'm rooting for Brandon of the men that are left. His solo was magnificent!

Janie

Ditto, im voting for Kayla and Brandon to win this year(although i do love Melissa,such a beautiful dancer)

Forgot to say I was really disappointed to see Janette go. I felt she did everything great. She was probably my favorite.

Marcy

I too was shocked to see Janette go...she was by far my favorite of the girls. I LOVED that jazz routine her and i think brandon(?) done with the hats and and gloves...i got goose bumps watching that one!!!

I LOVE this show. I discovered it last year and have been hooked eversince! Im excited to hear that another season starts in sept:eek::eek:

Joshua and Katie were my pics last year, loved them too! That hiphop routine last year took my breath away!

Love this show! I've watched it since Season 1. Brandon and Kayla are my top 2 and I hope Brandon wins. What a bod...It would be great to see him win because Mia Michaels was so against him prior to the judges picking the final 20.

The talent this year is amazing, and it's great to see a lot of them from other seasons going on to other things, like Travis choreographing, and Lacey and Chelsea on Dancing With the Stars as pros.

I'm so excited it'll be back again in September!

Dmitri has also choreographed for Dancing with the Stars. Dmitri, Joshua, Katie, Travis and one other girl (but I can't remember her name) are on the new So You Think You Can Dance DVDs - Cardio Funk & Tone & Groove. I liked the Cha Cha with Dmitri.

Marcy

Dmitri has also choreographed for Dancing with the Stars. Dmitri, Joshua, Katie, Travis and one other girl (but I can't remember her name) are on the new So You Think You Can Dance DVDs - Cardio Funk & Tone & Groove. I liked the Cha Cha with Dmitri.

Marcy

Wow! I didn't even know they had such DVDs! Cool!

Marcy

I didn't know they had dvds out either:eek: Ive got a post right now on OD wanting suggestions on dancing dvds...Thanks for the heads up!:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.