So my curiousity has been piqued - What is it that you do?

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Okay, many people make allusions to their jobs in their posts, but I'm not sure what many of you do and I'm interested to find out.

I work for a very small, family run property development company. We buy land, develop it and build luxury high rise condominiums. There are only two support people in my office. The other woman does all the accounting (payables, receivables, etc.) and I do pretty much everything else. I really love it, it's varied and interesting, at times frustrating, and the people I work for are very flexible and understanding of my family commitments. They also pay me well:)

Your turn;)

Good question.

I work full time as a Human Resources Manager and have recently been handed the hat of Safety Manager. I work for a company that makes polyurethane foam products...stuff like pillows, bed toppers, mattress pads, mattresses, kids' bean bag chairs that you see in WalMart. We also make the Body Wedge (a workout incline wedge made of foam), which some of you may know about.

Gayle

I am a Finance analyst for a large Aerospace company. We design, develop and fabricate WMD for US defense.

Hey Candi, what's a fabricated WMD? Does that mean it's fake? ;-)

I'm the assistant administrator for a municipal government. Very rewarding job when I'm not listening to residents complain about potholes, their trash not being picked up, their driveways being plowed in, their neighbors encroaching on their yards, or their water & tax bills being too high.:+

RE: So my curiousity has been piqued - What is it that ...

I work full-time at home as a medical transcriptionist.

I have a skin care studio. Lucky me, I can take my dog to work with me!

I don't think maternity leave benefits in the US are quite the same as ours here in Canada. We get a paid year off when we have a baby (paid by the Government, not our employers - you don't, obviously, receive your full salary, but a portion thereof, like Unemployment benefits). We're really very lucky.

I'm now a stay at home mom but a clinical social worker by profession. I recently worked with young teen girls at a therapeutic group home. I did group, family, individual therapy, case mangement, court hearings, etc. Now it's just me, the baby, and my new task master...Cathe...lol.

Debbie
mommy to Aiden Mackenzie 4/8/04

I work at a high school as a Para Educator. I work with learning disabled and behavior disabled kids. I love my job as it keeps me around young people all the time. Plus, love having a couple of weeks off at Xmas, spring break and summers off! I started doing this when my boys were in grade school as the schedule coincided with them. Now they've moved on..20 and 22 yrs old,but I still enjoy the job....AND the time off.

Sharron

I work as an accounting mgr and QA administrator for a Steel service center. Great job, great company, great people. I am truly blessed.

I am a marketing director for a financial planning/investment firm. We work with CPA and attorney offices to offer financial services to their high net worth clients. My typical day involves event planning, organizing client seminars and lots of material design work (and when I need a break from the day I log onto the cathe website forum!!!) :) Love seeing what the rest of you do !!! Very diverse and interesting group of people.

Former software project manager, after that 6 years as a stay at home mom, now studying for the Personal Trainer Exam.
Lois

"Don't forget to breathe!"

I'm in a newer job due to being downsized out of a company twice in the last several years. I work in the Nursing Education/Employee Education Department of a large hospital. I don't really like the department, but at least I got my foot in the door and I can move around if positions come open. I need to do something to support my Cathe addiction.

Great question. Great to find out how others with full time lives are making exercise work.

I am corporate attorney for a large pharma company.(Okay Okay enough with the booing) We have a full gym in the basement where they have classes and they let use the aerobics room early in the morning or late at night to do my Cathe tapes. It Rocks.

I used to be a semiconductor manufacturing technician for Intel. Now I'm looking for work in the technical and professional writing field so my Bachelor's degree won't be a waste of time!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.