SNM or Cathe: Will the new discs work on puzzle mats?

Dela

Cathlete
Hi Cathe/SNM, sorry I missed the official chat, lots of great info, I have one more question, will the new sliding discs work on puzzle mats? I didn't think it would be an issue, but I read on another board people have had problems using sliding discs on puzzle mats.

I can't speak for Cathe's slides, but I have Val Slides and I have to go to a section of my room that has carpet on it to use them. From the photo, Cathe's look almost identical to my Val Slides. I know some people get a carpet remnant/scrap to use on top of their mats. Hope that helps some!
Paula

Slide and Glide Discs and Puzzle Mats

Hi Cathe/SNM, sorry I missed the official chat, lots of great info, I have one more question, will the new sliding discs work on puzzle mats? I didn't think it would be an issue, but I read on another board people have had problems using sliding discs on puzzle mats.

Really don't know about Puzzle mats as we don't have a puzzle mat floor to test on. We do have vinyl floors in our aerobics rooms and the discs work just fine with the black wrap. There have been a lot of threads through the years of people on this forum trying different types of discs and plates on puzzle mat floors. Some have reported success and others only disappointment. As has been mentioned earlier you can always cover your puzzle mat floors with carpet and this will certainly solve your problem.

Thanks for your responses! I suppose using a rug on top for these workouts is doable if they don't work out. I do have a carpeted area in addition to my mats, it just feels weird doing my workout outside of the "official" area :p

Thanks for your responses! I suppose using a rug on top for these workouts is doable if they don't work out. I do have a carpeted area in addition to my mats, it just feels weird doing my workout outside of the "official" area :p

LOL! I feel the same way.:eek:

Cathe's Sliding Discs look a lot like Mindy Mylrea's Gliding Discs, and while those slide somewhat on puzzle mats, IMO, there's too much resistance for it to not be risky for the knees.

I bought a 3' x 5' short-pile carpet remnant to use when I do any Gliding workouts.

I agree with Kathryn. I have the Gliding Discs and, while they do slide on puzzle mats, there is a bit of resistance, especially when compared to how they move on carpet. I go into the next room where there is a rug to use them so as to avoid straining my knees. I imagine the same would be true of Cathe's discs.

Have a great night!

Deborah

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.