Snack Bar (Snack Bar-O-Matic)

Jenniferlove

Cathlete
Hi, this came from Beachbody; I loved it so much I thought I'd post it.
I hear it's similar to the Lara bar.

3 or 4 Ingredients:
1) 1 cup pitted whole dates or prunes for the base (I used prunes)

2) 1 cup *dried fruit (I used dried apricots)

3) 1 cup **nuts and seeds (I just used flax seeds - next time I'll grind them because they really got stuck in my teeth:rolleyes:)

4) 2 scoops Shakeology (optional) *** (I don't know the measurement of the Shakeology scoops so I just used 2 scoops of vanilla whey isolate powder)

Options:
*could use: dried figs, raisins, dried cranberries, dried blueberries and/or dried cherries.

**could use: flaxseeds, chia seeds, pepitas, sunflower seeds, almonds, walnuts, peanuts, cashews, sesame seeds, coconut

***optional flair: 1/2 tsp. rum extract, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1 Tbsp. honey, 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract, 1-2oz dark chocolate chips, 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger.

Prep:
combine equal parts of ingredients into a food processor. process for 1-2 minutes. scrape sides and check to make sure all ingredients are breaking down into smaller pieces. process 2-3 minutes more until ingredients form tiny crumbs that come together in a loose ball.

Turn out the mixture onto a square cellophane (or an 8"x8" baking dish). Press into a flat disc. (I'm thinking of using a cookie scoop and making scoop-size individual the servings, placing them in cupcake liners)

Cover tightly and refrigerate for 1 hour.

Cut into 12 bars; enjoy! Store them in the refrigerator.

Just thought I'd follow up since I mentioned I was going to modify the recipe...
This time grinded the flax seeds. Naturally it made the mixure less sticky so I added about another cup of the base mix. They definitely needed to be refrigerated for a full hour before cutting.
They still are still really good after being refrigerated for a few hours but they aren't as sweet as the first batch. Also, I don't have enough space in my refrigerator for non-stackable muffin cups so I had to use the pie plate again, which I lined with parchment paper (FYI).

Hi,
Thank you for the recipe. Just like @ellenj73, I prefer making my own snack bar too rather than buying. Its advantage is that we can make it more palatable as we desired.
-Rosetta

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.