Slanted Riser

Murphymax

Cathlete
Hi, everyone, I am doing the STS program and I am really wanting the slanted risers for the incline exercises such as the incline bench press. On the DVDs it looks so much more secure having the slanted risers; however, I just received a pair I purchased on amazon and the bottom one does not fit securely. There is a gap between the step and the slanted step. It does not look like it looks in the DVDs. I was told by the company it would fit the original step.

I bought my step from Cathe and I presume it is the original step; as I believe that was what it said in the description; however, I do not see the slanted steps available in Cathe's store. Anyone have a suggestion for where I can purchase these? Thank you!

Found them here on Amazon. The price seems steep, but these are the exact risers (or darn near close) that I bought from Cathe's site ages ago. Can't remember what I paid for them at the time. You might also try Ebay.

Even if you don't get them from Amazon, check out the pictures. In one of them, the model looks like she's trying to do a step aerobics workout on the slanted risers. :confused: Pretty sure that's not a good idea!!!

Good luck.

Lisa

Found them here on Amazon. The price seems steep, but these are the exact risers (or darn near close) that I bought from Cathe's site ages ago. Can't remember what I paid for them at the time. You might also try Ebay.

Even if you don't get them from Amazon, check out the pictures. In one of them, the model looks like she's trying to do a step aerobics workout on the slanted risers. :confused: Pretty sure that's not a good idea!!!

Good luck.

Lisa

Lisa, thank you so much for the post. I saw these when I purchased the other ones; however, the others were less expensive. I think I now know why :(

Murphymax if you're searching for a specific product on Amazon many times they won't show you the lowest priced items in the results. If you click on a search result then follow some of the links from that product, many times you can find the exact same thing for less. There's usually links on the right for offers from other sellers, also the links lower on the page for "people who bought this also bought..." Amazon makes you work for the low price. If you enter the site using smile.amazon.com Amazon will donate a portion of qualifying purchases to a charity you choose from a list of options. HTH!!!

Try this link: http://www.esportsonline.com/the-or...type=&kword=&gclid=CKOU8pGg_8YCFQ-maQodtwwOgw
I think this is about what I paid for mine.

You might also want to check out this new riser design from The STEP company: http://www.thestep.com/Universal-Riser-2-pack-black It is only $35 shipped. It is supposed to fit the original step which includes Cathe's. I think this new design is supposed to be more stable. I don't know if the riser fits well over the old style risers. You might need to call the company. I keep on thinking of ordering this one because it is supposed to lock in place.

Try this link: http://www.esportsonline.com/the-or...type=&kword=&gclid=CKOU8pGg_8YCFQ-maQodtwwOgw
I think this is about what I paid for mine.

You might also want to check out this new riser design from The STEP company: http://www.thestep.com/Universal-Riser-2-pack-black It is only $35 shipped. It is supposed to fit the original step which includes Cathe's. I think this new design is supposed to be more stable. I don't know if the riser fits well over the old style risers. You might need to call the company. I keep on thinking of ordering this one because it is supposed to lock in place.
Thanks, soapmaker, I will definitely check these out. Yeah, the slanted ones I purchased were not flush with the step, there was a gap, and it did not feel secure at all. I am hopeful one of these will work. Thanks again.

Murphymax if you're searching for a specific product on Amazon many times they won't show you the lowest priced items in the results. If you click on a search result then follow some of the links from that product, many times you can find the exact same thing for less. There's usually links on the right for offers from other sellers, also the links lower on the page for "people who bought this also bought..." Amazon makes you work for the low price. If you enter the site using smile.amazon.com Amazon will donate a portion of qualifying purchases to a charity you choose from a list of options. HTH!!!
Thanks, Suethepooh.

Hi, everyone, I am doing the STS program and I am really wanting the slanted risers for the incline exercises such as the incline bench press. On the DVDs it looks so much more secure having the slanted risers; however, I just received a pair I purchased on amazon and the bottom one does not fit securely. There is a gap between the step and the slanted step. It does not look like it looks in the DVDs. I was told by the company it would fit the original step.

I bought my step from Cathe and I presume it is the original step; as I believe that was what it said in the description; however, I do not see the slanted steps available in Cathe's store. Anyone have a suggestion for where I can purchase these? Thank you!

I think I bought these same slanted risers a few years ago. They were really cheap and I was thrilled to get them, but they have never worked right. I used them once and decided they were way more unstable than using the regular risers on a slant. I guess there are fake ones out there and we seem to have gotten them. I hope you didn't pay a lot. I paid very little... I'm remembering about $10 for two risers. (Now I know why....)

I think I bought these same slanted risers a few years ago. They were really cheap and I was thrilled to get them, but they have never worked right. I used them once and decided they were way more unstable than using the regular risers on a slant. I guess there are fake ones out there and we seem to have gotten them. I hope you didn't pay a lot. I paid very little... I'm remembering about $10 for two risers. (Now I know why....)
JeanneMarie, thank you so much for sharing! I really was beginning to think it was just me and I was being too particular about my workout equipment. I felt the exact same way, they felt more unstable than simply using the regular risers on a slant.

I had contacted the company prior to buying them and asked if I had problems would I be able to return them. I received a very prompt reply and was told the risers worked with the original step; however, if I had any problems they would pay for return shipping.

I contacted the company yesterday and had a UPS label within a couple of hours. I was very blessed.

I was debating on even trying the other risers mentioned in this thread because I thought they all might fit this way; however, since you mentioned having the same issue, I now know it wasn't just me and there was definitely something off with the ones I purchased.

I will check with the other companies listed in this thread and verify the return policy.

Thanks again, JeanneMarie!

JeanneMarie, thank you so much for sharing! I really was beginning to think it was just me and I was being too particular about my workout equipment. I felt the exact same way, they felt more unstable than simply using the regular risers on a slant.

I had contacted the company prior to buying them and asked if I had problems would I be able to return them. I received a very prompt reply and was told the risers worked with the original step; however, if I had any problems they would pay for return shipping.

I contacted the company yesterday and had a UPS label within a couple of hours. I was very blessed.

I was debating on even trying the other risers mentioned in this thread because I thought they all might fit this way; however, since you mentioned having the same issue, I now know it wasn't just me and there was definitely something off with the ones I purchased.

I will check with the other companies listed in this thread and verify the return policy.

Yeah, Murphymax, definitely return if you can. Sounds like you and JeanneMarie both unfortunately got low quality knock-offs. I've never had any problems with my slanted risers. They fit perfectly, snug as a bug, with my Step.

Lisa

JeanneMarie, thank you so much for sharing! I really was beginning to think it was just me and I was being too particular about my workout equipment. I felt the exact same way, they felt more unstable than simply using the regular risers on a sla

Oh you are very welcome! Glad I helped! And I'm glad it is easy enough to return them. I don't even remember where I got mine. I decided at the time that I didn't pay enough to worry about it, but I am usually someone that follows up on everything I buy and am dissatisfied with. Good for you that you'll get your money back and then you can buy the right ones! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.