Skipping in OnDemand Fit Split Push only premix

Gibbee

Cathlete
In FS Push only premix the OnDemand skips the second set of bench press and flys... please watch it. I’m just now trying to do the workout and it is frustrating. I thought maybe there was some new program option to FF but no, it completely skips those exercises... looks like it will play but jumps past them... haven’t seen the other exercises yet. Wanted someone to know ASAP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In FS Push only premix the OnDemand skips the second set of bench press and flys... please watch it. I’m just now trying to do the workout and it is frustrating. I thought maybe there was some new program option to FF but no, it completely skips those exercises... looks like it will play but jumps past them... haven’t seen the other exercises yet. Wanted someone to know ASAP.

No other exercises are skipped but between each exercise there is a pause / brief flash of black screen. I noticed this on the pull only premix as well. Not as smooth of transitions as in the past. I wonder if folks who get migraines from flashing will find this challenging.

Hi Gibbee,

I just checked the Shred Cardio Timesaver #2 Push only Premix and I'm seeing both the 2nd set of the Bench Press and the 2nd set of Chest Flys (i'm testing on a computer). We did have a problem with these exercises causing the player to crash yesterday due to a database typo, but this was fixed yesterday. If you tried to play this file before we corrected it you may have the older cached file on your computer. Clearing the cache should solve your issue.

No other exercises are skipped but between each exercise there is a pause / brief flash of black screen. I noticed this on the pull only premix as well. Not as smooth of transitions as in the past. I wonder if folks who get migraines from flashing will find this challenging.

Hi Gibbee,

There will always be a "brief pause and flash of a black screen" after every chapter in the Workout Blender as WB Premixes are not edited video. Instead every premix chapter in a workout in the WB is encoded as a separate video and then joined together as a playlist. Hence your player has to load every premix chapter video just before it is time to play it and this causes a very brief black screen to show as the next video is trying to load. If the workout has a a natural transition at the end of a chapter, i.e. end of the cardio cool down going into the stretch,you probably will not notice anything unusual as this will seem like a natural transition. However, in a workout like "Push Day" we have chapter breaks after every exercise set where there is no natural transitions, hence it will look a little unusual. To make premixes look almost seamless we would have to stick to just selecting chapter end points where there is a natural fade to black transition. We feel the trade off being able to make more diverse Premixes is worth this minor issue. This is also how the WB has always worked, it's just probably more noticeable in a video like Push Day as there are a ton of very short chapters without any transitions.

I don't mind the brief black screen, small price to pay for tons of glorious chapters (said the blender-holic :) )

I restarted my iPad and it is playing those two chapters now, thanks.

It just seems like the chapter changes on these premixes are just a bit more jerky than other series. But the workouts are great!!!!

Thanks!

Hi Gibbee,

Glad to hear the Timesaver #2 Premix is now working for you. The reason the premixes may seem more "jerky" is they have very short chapters and that means they load quicker and hence the "fake black transition" you see between chapters is shorter than normal. This is why it appears perhaps as a flash to you. Also, because most of the chapters don't have transitions between them and because there are so many of these very short chapters the lack of a transition will be more noticeable. Normally a premix only has a few chapters that don't end with an edited transition, but many of the Fit Split premixes have over 50 chapters that don't end in an edited transition and this makes the Premix less smooth.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.