Signs of overtraining!!Interesting

>Thanks for the article.
>
>A request: Please indicate the source (otherwise, it looks
>like you're claiming to be the author, which is plagiarism!)

I was confused when I first saw the first post, because the poster did not reference the source and it looked like they had written it. I don't think Katherine's post is at all rude. She thanked the poster, and asked with a please, to reference the author. I would have liked to have known the source as well.

Overtraining is a good thing to be reminded of. I think there are many of us who could fall into this trap because of our zeal for fitness.

Thanks for posting the article. Personally, I like to see a web link so I can see articles and things for myself, but that's just me.

LOL, Charlotte :+

Since I've been posting less and lurking more these days, I've learned so much. As a student of Psychology, you'd think it wouldn't surprise me...but it does.

We are so diverse with so many different personalities! What really annoys some people, helps others. I am not a stickler for form, physical, literal or dietary (well, to a degree) but Kathryn is very rigid with it. Evidentely, others on this site are the same way because they are thanking Kathryn for her help as I am usually rolling my eyes.

Some diversity I really find hard to embrace but I'm trying :)

I enjoyed the article, knew it was taken from somewhere and was fine with that awareness without knowing exactly where it came from. So, thank you, Anne :)

Kathryn did have a point that the legal ramifications could be widespread, possibly affecting Cathe. I would never have thought of that!

Thanks so much for posting that. I had no idea that eyelid twitches could be caused from overtraining. Mine started twitching a few weeks ago and I never would have put the two together.

Thanks for the article. I have been getting a lot of colds and could not figure it out. I eat right , sleep enough and take airborne. Any way maybe I need to back off a little.
Thanks and I also understood that you didn't write the article. Let's all be more polite.
LD

Back to the original subject first posted - I work out 6 days per week for an average of 1.5 hours.

I feel fine, but I do note that when I take a week or even two off, I am stronger when I return to working out.

Am I working out too much if I continue to work out 6 days per week for an average of 1.5 hours? I almost always include a minimum of 25 min cardio in my workouts.

I don't manifest any of the symptoms associated with overtraining, but now I am worried.

Am I setting myself up for injury if I continue my regular workouts as they are now?

I was a bit confused about authorship as well. But thanks for posting this--just last night my husband said to me "overtraining--what are they talking about?" while we watched The Biggest Loser.

Gisela

Oh my gosh - up until last week my eye had been twitching for about 2 months almost every day! I chalked it up to work stress. I've been lifting lighter with the new Cathe's so maybe that was the break I needed? I do have some stress at work so it could have been that too. But good to know.

Anne AND Kathryn - I appreciate all that you both offer to these boards. Thanks for all of your contributions.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Amy, If you display zero symptoms and you are seeing fitness gains, I would not worry about it one bit! You're fine. What may be too much for one person may be perfect for another. There really isn't a set amount for every exerciser out there and if you exceed that amount, you start sneezing and the eye starts twitching.

I really enjoyed the article, thanks Anne.

I do like to see the source, only because I know there are a lot out there that are total crap. I know there was a situation were a poster was basing her training on a short 1/2 page article written by someone who didn't know squat about running (the author may not have even been a runner). Anyway, it let me know that it wasn't something I wanted to consider.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.