Sick father in law- wwyd?

This is long. Sorry.

A little over a year ago my stepdad passed away from brain cancer. Just about a month prior to his diagnosis, my husbands 20 year old cousin was diagnosed with the same type of brain tumor. Thankfully, he is currently cancer free. I had never had any one close to me diagnosed with cancer. Watching what this disease does rocked me to my core. It's changed everything. I'm convinced environmental factors cause this disease in most cases. So now I use essential oils instead of medications and household chemicals when I can. I clean with Norwex products. I make my own deodorant. I try to eat healthy and organic and non gmo. I've discovered Robyn obrien (watch her TEDx talk on you tube, it will change your life). And Fran dreschers detox your home amongst other things.

Nobody gets it, not even my husband. Everyone thinks I've turned into a crazy hippie, and maybe I have. Right now, we are living with my in laws until our house is built. I love my in laws, but they are completely opposite of me. I don't think they have ever tried a green veggie. Maybe once a month they eat an ear of corn or a banana. They eat pizza and burgers several days a week. It's awful. My farther in law is chronically ill. He is applying for long term disability. He has about 5 autoimmune issues, pulmonary fibrosis, and he is slowly recovering from a broken femur. He has digestive issues. He can't walk from room to room without getting out of breath and he is so frustrated that he can't do anything . It breaks my heart. He loves my son(who is 2) so much and my son looks up to his papa big time. I'm just so worried because I'm afraid if he continues down this path he isn't going to be around to see my son grow up.

I know his body is a ball of inflammation because of all the crap be eats. I don't know how to tell him that he would likely feel a lot better if he ate better. It's like they don't make that correlation. I don't want to over step my bounds and say something to upset them, but I want my son to grow up with a papa. And even if I did say something he or my mil would say the he doesn't like that kind of food. It is so sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.