Shrinking Violets....Tuesday, 8/29

kmkali24

Cathlete
Good Morning Violets! It is a rainy morning here in NEPA today.

Kim- good job on the BC. I believe 5 intervals are enough LOL! I've found I can't do terminators anymore cause of my hip. Hope yours if feeling ok today.

Jean- have a good workout.

Worked last night. It wasn't too bad. Most kids are back to college already so there's just some late comers stopping in for last minute stuff. Didn't get home till midnight, had a water, a piece of celery and went to bed.

Just had some raisin bran and I'm off to do a Cathe cardio, probably RS, SB challenges and S&L. I'm going to go w/ 5's & 8's today. My leg will probably be hurting the next few days so I may be doing upper body the rest of the week. I so do not want to do this. I can't even imagine needles in my leg. Well at least I'll know. Right?
Sorry to rant about this. I'm just a nervous wreck. That's why I have to find out.

Well I'm off. Have a great morning Wendy, SD, Jean, Kim, Violet, Heather and anybody else I may have missed!

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Good morning. Hope everyone is doing well. Finally posted some personals last night in yesterday's thread.

This morning I did shoulder and arm work with Gilad. Man did it hit my shoulders. Probably will have doms tomorrow. After the DVD, I took the dogs for a walk. Only in the 70's this morning. Felt great.

Kali, good luck with your appointment today.

Jean

Good Morning ladies,

kali=good luck with your appt. today.

jean-which gilad workout did you do? it sounds great!

Heather-happy belated bday!

today's workout was 4 miles on the TM. i feel really great and refreshed!

hello and good morning to all those to follow

:)

Shrinking Violets Check-in

Good morning, Violets! I am still flying high this morning after soaring through my friend’s cardio boot camp class last night! I had the benefit of a new pair of Nike Shox and a suspended wood floor. I pushed myself hard, and I did it! I survived cardio boot camp! I stayed for the entire class with very few modifications! I even cranked out a few pushups on my toes! Glory! It took an act of will for me to get through the core work at the end because I did not have much left to give. My face was as red as my t-shirt, and I was drenched in sweat. I did not look pretty when I left, but I am basking in the afterglow of an endorphin high! I am so delighted! :7

I am not sure if anyone here will understand why I am so excited. I realize that it is nothing for most of you to get through a tough workout, but I have never been athletic. I was in a room full of fitness queens, and most of them weigh a good 70-80 pounds less than I do. It was such a satisfying feeling to look around and realize that I was keeping up with the best of them. Thank you, Cathe! It dawned on me last night that I limit myself needlessly by unbelief and all the negative things I believe about myself and say to myself. All things are possible for me when I believe. Yes, I can conquer the rest of this weight, reach my goals, and see the day when dreams become reality. This is my destiny! Glory! Bring on Drill Max! :7

Kali, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers today.

Jean, I read your post before I went to bed last night.

Sunny, great workout.

Wendy, enjoy High Step Training.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Shrinking Violets Check-in

Kali, Sorry to hear about that test u have to go for. :-( Hopefully it won't be as bad as you are imagining. Often times we make things out to be worse then they really are! Let us know what happens.

Jean, Hope you get some good DOMS in your u/b from Gilad!

SD, Nice run! So when are you gonna enter a 5k? }(

Heather, Congrats on the bootcamp class! You did great!:+

Well, today is HSTA for me. Never did that one before. I'm askeered! :eek: LOL I slept in this morning so I can't get it done until nap time. I'll come back and give ya my impression of "leg press hell"! :p

Have a great day!:)

Heather- you are completely awesome!! i wish my class had bootcamp. you go get 'em girl:D

wendy- i did hsta once so far and really liked it!! don't know why i don't add it in a rotation more often. you can do it!! 5k??, girl i am afraid. just don't think i can handle running for that long on the streets. hmmm, maybe one day. oh by the way you made me laugh out of loud when i read your post about "your boney dh"...hehehe

Wendy- good luck with that WO!

Jean- glad the shins are alright!

SD- I love the feeling I get after a good TM run!!!

Heather- I am so happy for you that YOU are SO happy! Isn't it great when you find something that works for your body adn mind, and soul! Keep it up woman!!

Kali- my thoughts are with you today! Good luck!

I will do back and cardio today, maybe TM!! My eating was really good yesterday, and good so far today.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in July 25 2006 and Fitness album!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/151/.png[/img] [/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

I'm thinking of poor Kali while my body shakes after that darned EVIL friggin' work out!!!! LOL :p

I hope it's not as bad as she is imagining!:eek:

kali- you are in my prayers. i know it's all going to be alright.

wendy-so tell us what you really think of that workout,:D :p

You guys were right! It was not that bad! The shocks were kind of cool. The needles were scary, but they were PINPRICKS!

They said my nerves are all good, and there are no blood clots. So I don't know anything more but those are 2 good things to rule out I guess. I'll see what my Doc says and go from there. Maybe it is just overworked.

Thank you all sooo much for being here. I can't believe how nervous I was.

Good workout huh Wendster? LOL!

Heather so happy for you! Glad you're feeling so good!

Glad you enjoyed your run SD! I AM getting DM's TM one of these days!

Jean- I love Gilad! I really like his Total body sculpt show. I used to do it before I really got into Cathe.

Good job on your eating Meggy! Did you workout or relax today then?

I did SB warm up and challenge, and S&L. I thought that tricep track wasn't going to end! OY!

Tomorrow I think will be a walk if it's nice after the little dudes go to school. If not cardio and abs.

Have a good evening Ladies!

Kali

Hey ladies,

How's it going? I just finished CTX kickbox and the abs with it. I still have PUB,PS chest left to do and will get to it after dinner. I was so hot with this weather that when I got home I had no energy. But I told myself that I would not let that stop me! It wasn't so bad after I started.

Ate like freaking crap today!!x( I know I will do better tomorrow!

Kali-that is great news that they ruled out the serious things! Maybe like you said, it is just overworked! Yeah, and just the mention of needles scares me to death. When they numbed my foot for surgery, they actually did from the knee down. I was told they would give me shots behind my knee and I was frantic! But it was not so bad at all. He did a few pricks and it made my leg move,like there was electricity flowing through it! Yuck! Glad everything turned out okay!

Will talk to you violets later on tonight!

kim

SD: I REALLY think HSTA is an AWESOME work out but soooo not for the faint of heart!:p }( I am going to try to keep it in my rotation one time per week for a few weeks now.

Kim: Hope you get that chest work done! I still have abs to do myself.

So tomorrow it's off to the gym for a run. :) When I was there yesterday picking up Joey after my work out I happened to look down and see the schedule for September and my name was on it for the day after Labor Day and onward!:) I wonder when she plans on calling me and telling me this??? LOL

I am excited for this weekend...so much is planned! The race ofcourse on saturday morning, then my DH is taking me out for a wonderful congratulatory pizza lunch (I know...sooo unclean!:p) at my all time favorite pizza place (they don't deliver so we don't get thier pizza often) and that night we plan to go country dancing with a couple of friends. The next day is a Labor Day party at a friend's house. I think on Monday I will do nothing and like it! LOL I WILL have to work out though as my rest day is Sunday. :)

Sounds like a fun weekend Wendy! Do you know any line dances? I used to know a few but haven't done it lately. There is a Honkytonk opening up a few minutes from me one of these days. The sign says "Get Ready NEPA" whatever that means. We don't have too many places like that locally. 2 or 3 at the most I think. Lots of country music fans, but not bars, dance clubs etc.
So excited for you and your run Sat. Will be massaging your shoulders in spirit!

Hey Kim! Just pick up again tomorrow with the eating! Did you get chest work in? It's unbelievable how we can work ourselves up over such tiny things aina? I told DH if there's any more tests to be done, they WILL NOT INVOLVE ME GETTING PICKED WITH ANYTHING! LOL!

Off to get the boys ready for bed. First day of 1st and 3rd grade tomorrow! DH is taking the day off to get his bloodwork checked again. Hopefully it will be good.

Kali

Hey girlys,

Finally I finished my chest work and let me tell you my chest was tight and burning before PUB was done! I even went alittle heavier on the weights with PS than I usually do. I want to kind of push myself alittle now instead of being comfortable at a certain weight!

Tonight I ate baked chicken,rice,peas and some yummy watermelon!:9

Wendy-HSTA is a awesome workout huh? I am sweating like a dog when I finish that one! Those leg presses get me though!

Kali-yeah, tomorrow is another day with my eating and hopefully I will suck under to a chocolate milk shake!:-( I love those things! But I know if I keep screwing up that all my hard work will be for nothing! I'm so crazy!LOL! Hope the kids have a good first day of school!

Hello Heather,Jean,Maeghan,and SD! I hope I'm not forgetting any of you guys!

kim

Kim- way to go on the WO! I jsut finished back and abs. My back is still feelin the fire!
I was supposed to do cardio, but decided to switch it to tomorrow.

Kali- glad all is well with that test!

You guys all did great today! Goodnight!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in July 25 2006 and Fitness album!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/151/.png[/img] [/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.