Shout out to the Flying Pig Runners...

buffettgirl

Cathlete
There are a bunch of Catheletes who met through the forum running in various level of races in Cincinnati's Flying Pig Marathon this weekend. Some of them are even avowed cardio haters who swore they would never run.

Good luck gang! I'll be thinking of you and wishing I was huffing and puffing along side of you. You all make me so proud!:D

I bet they will all have a blast!! I wish I was running along with them too Robin!

Good Luck!!!

Can't wait to hear how you all do...:)

Flying Pig is on my list to run someday. Looks like a great event!

Safe travels & happy running vibes to all the runners!

There are a bunch of Catheletes who met through the forum running in various level of races in Cincinnati's Flying Pig Marathon this weekend. Some of them are even avowed cardio haters who swore they would never run.
Hahahahahahaha!!!!! Crazy, ain't it!? Who is is that girl anyway, and what did she do with Miss Lee!?

Good luck gang! I'll be thinking of you and wishing I was huffing and puffing along side of you. You all make me so proud!:D
Thank you, Robin and all! I'm so glad I peeked in here tonight or I would have missed this thread! The only thing missing from the weekend is YOU, my friend. I so wish you could come, but maybe next year, and then maybe Cathy and Carole and a few more of you runners can join us, too. :D

I'm doing the 5K. My DH was supposed to do it with me but he has to work :(, so Shelley, Evily and her DH, and Gayle are going to run with me!!! I can't get over it!!! I mean, Evily is doing the full marathon on Sunday, Shelley and Gayle are doing the half, and Evily's DH is doing the 10K, and yet they are going to run with me! I am completely blown away and so deeply touched by their generous spirits. :') <3

Ladies, hope you all have a wonderful time and a great run! Wish I could be there to give you all hugs and cheer you on!!! GO GO GO!!

Michele, Shelley, Evily, Evily's DH, and Gayle...I bow to you!!!

Good luck, have fun and we'll be thinking of you!!!

I just saw this....just now! This past weekend was A BLAST in so many ways. The pouring rain and lightning did NOTHING to dampen our fun and weekend events! It truly was such an awesome time!!!!!

We all ROCKED The Pig! All the courses were tough in their own way, and EACH of us conquered it! My older DS was a last minute addition to the 5K running crew and HE rocked it too!!!! Cincinnati just rocked!!!

I can't gush enough about how much fun I had! Thanks, Shelley, Sophie, Emily, Matt and Miss Lee.

NEXT YEAR, I'd LOVE to see more Cathletes there. Wouldn't that be COOL???

Oh, I'm so glad you had a great time, Gayle! Did Sophie run? I hope the others check in here. I saw that Evily's DH did great, but that's all I was able to find out. Congratulations to all!!

Nancy, it was a great, successful weekend! Emily PR'd in the full marathon, Shelley conquered her first Half Marathon, Emily's DH PR'd in the 10K, my DS ran his very first official 5K and completed the Kids' Marathon, Michele PR'd in the 5K, and I (although I didn't PR) hit a few personal goals by completing the Half (my 6th or 7th). Shelley's DD got a bit sick on Saturday so she had to back out of the Kids' Marathon and she was bummed about it, but we told her NEXT YEAR! :D The weather was HORRIBLE, but it didn't ruin ANY of our fun and accomplishments!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.