Should I Buy STS??

WalkingChick, I LOST over 20 pounds doing STS-Strength without doing active cardio recovery, if I did my weight lost would've been double. Myself, I purchased the bar, gloves and vest because the vest can be used for outdoor walking, etc. The series became what I looked forward to after work. My goal is to start up again in Feb or March.

JT, that is fantastic!! Congratulations. In all honesty, I am hoping for some weight loss, but that will hopefully come from all of the exercising in general. I don't know when I will start the series, but I absolutely to get my hands on that package tomorrow!!

IMHO this is The BEST weight training program on the market....period.

I've done it a few times at home and I've also done Mesos 1 and 2 at the gym with hubby....we just take our workout cards with us on a clipboard. We've had some pretty cool remarks....like "what are you training for?????? Looks serious!!!" We LOVE it!

BTW, walkingchick, I love the Snoopy avatar!!!!! ;)

For those who received your order already--please share your thoughts!

I did finally overcome my spending-some-more guilt and ordered late Cyber Monday night, and my dvds are due to arrive today (still waiting!). I'm peeved because based on the tracking arrival and departure scans, they sat in a Central MA UPS warehouse for a whole day yesterday, from 5 am to 8:30 pm, before departing for my local Eastern MA UPS warehouse and arriving one hour later! Today the dvds are probably on a joy ride all over the place, since the UPS truck has driven by my house twice already! Aaargh!

But do share! I'm so excited for you gals who ordered! I'm looking forward to burning some muffin top fat, get some (more) arm and leg definition, and be stronger!

Betty

I just checked the UPS tracking site again and learned that my package was inadvertently left at the local UPS warehouse! Blast it! Now I'm not going to receive it until tomorrow. Aaargh! :-((

Last edited:
Thanks Canadian Cathlete! I am a big Snoopy fan.

Betty, sorry that UPS is making you wait longer than necessary for your order. I am sure you will be extremely pleased when they finally arrive at your door.

I should have added that I have not had the chance to crack open the DVD's yet since they arrived yesterday. I did flip through the extensive manual that was included, but only very briefly. I had plans last night that lasted longer than I had expected. Today has been busy and I have a meeting tonight. My plan is to take a look at everything tonight, provided I am home at a decent hour. Fingers crossed!

Walkingchick,

I think you made the right choice by buying STS. I absolutely love it!! I've done it in it's entirety 3 times plus have used in different rotations mixing when mixing things up a little. It is one of my favorites. I didn't have any weight loss but I wasn't really trying to lose weight but I did gain strength and endurance. I have so much more definition in my arms and shoulders and that's all thanks to Cathe. You'll have to let us know how you like it once you start it.

Merry Christmas to you!! :)
Brenda

I am a very frugal and practical person about all my purchases. And I have to say that I am very satisfied with STS. It is sooo worth the money....I think I paid more for it than it is now...but again, it was worth it. As a matter of fact, I know that every Cathe dvd I get will be worth my dvd workout dollars.

I also think you will be fine with only dumbbells, that being said, you will probably eventually want to get heavier dumbbells as well, AND it really is nice to have a barbell (not to mention the STS tower, but that can come in time as you do the workouts.)

I bought the STS Tower for myself over Thanksgiving and will be using it for the first time tomorrow. I am using dumbells at this point and invest in a second set of barbell sticks to use with plates. This way I can "build" my dumbbells as needed. I have enough plates that I can make 60-75 pound "dumbbells" if I should need to go that heavy. I bought my sticks, 70-8- pounds worth of plates and a plate rack at Play It Again Sports for less than $70. just an idea to anyone needing heavier weights but needs to save money. If you decide to use barbells at some point in the future, you'll have the plates already on hand as well!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.